Is their an unwritten hierarchy of Rangers supporters?

Canadaready

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer you question Canadaready.....

Yes I do think there is a "hierachy" of Rangers supporters...

But its not based on where you were born...or even where you live now

Nor is it based on what religion you are...or if you even have religion in your life...

Nor is it based on the songs you sing...or even the songs that you dont sing..

And neither is it based on whether you are season ticket holder..or in fact the number of games you attend.

From deep inside it comes....grabs hold of you...transforms you. Once you have tasted you can never go back. You live and breathe Rangers Football Club..she becomes a fire within you which cannot be extinguished. Wherever you go...you are an ambassador for her and your conduct reflects this awesome responsibility you have. You will defend her...her traditions...and your brethern to the very ends of the earth and with every last drop of breath. When Rangers Football Club is tarnished it will feel like a personal insult. You will respect your fellow Bear...he is a brother in what is the greatest fraternity in the world. .

Let Jules Verne sum up for me what I cant say......

"Far above that earth on which he had known no joys; in the midst of that night which sent to him its softest radiance; on the way to that heaven toward which he uplifted his spirit, as though in a miraculous assumption, he seemed already to live and breathe in the new existence" (Five Weeks in a Balloon)

Brilliantly put D'Artagnan. Its true what you say about conducting yourself well at all times, everyone here where I live knows Im a Rangers man and with that, I try my best to be civil to everyone I know and meet.

I get asked about Rangers a lot, the club, team, past players and teams, traditions, songs the lot. I always think before opening my mouth, as I want us to be looked at in a favourable light. That is so important to me.

It is us, the fans who ultimately govern how we are viewed.

It is up to ALL Rangers fans to ensure our good name is not tarnished.

Nor is it based on what religion you are...or if you even have religion in your life...

And neither is it based on whether you are season ticket holder..or in fact the number of games you attend.

From deep inside it comes....grabs hold of you...transforms you. Once you have tasted you can never go back. You live and breathe Rangers Football Club..she becomes a fire within you which cannot be extinguished. Wherever you go...you are an ambassador for her and your conduct reflects this awesome responsibility you have. You will defend her...her traditions...and your brethern to the very ends of the earth and with every last drop of breath. When Rangers Football Club is tarnished it will feel like a personal insult. You will respect your fellow Bear...he is a brother in what is the greatest fraternity in the world. .

"Far above that earth on which he had known no joys; in the midst of that night which sent to him its softest radiance; on the way to that heaven toward which he uplifted his spirit, as though in a miraculous assumption, he seemed already to live and breathe in the new existence" (Five Weeks in a Balloon)

i knew i could depend on you,a great reply from a great rangers man.

Personally speaking I think the guyz who live far outside Glasgow for instance dont fully understand what it is to be a Rangers supporter..

Especially with the old principals the club had before Murray decided to do his thing for the clowns in high places

So somebody who comes over from Northern Ireland every week, for example, doesn't really understand what it is to be a Rangers supporter?

Any answer on this one Fish?

Personally speaking I think the guyz who live far outside Glasgow for instance dont fully understand what it is to be a Rangers supporter..

Especially with the old principals the club had before Murray decided to do his thing for the clowns in high places

So somebody who comes over from Northern Ireland every week, for example, doesn't really understand what it is to be a Rangers supporter?

Silly question really its obvious...they no doubt think along the same lines as me and maybe even more.....

NO SURRENDER WE ARE THE PEOPLE and they are probably bigger Billy Boys than me

Silly question really

Not really. You made a pretty sweeping generalisation about many other Rangers fans which obviously doesn't hold up.

YES .

There is a hierarchy of Rangers supporter:

It goes kinda like this

anyone who lives in Canada

:)

You forgot at the bottom of the list:

'fans of Wizard of Oz' ;)

Silly question really

Not really. You made a pretty sweeping generalisation about many other Rangers fans which obviously doesn't hold up.

And you are starting tae talk pesh as usual....see ye :pipeguy:

Silly question really

And you are starting tae talk pesh as usual....see ye :pipeguy:

Cogently argued as ever. ;)

DA - nice post, vast majority of which I endorse wholeheartedly. One thing you mentioned however caught my eye, the part about defending her traditions. That is I think what the OP was trying to get at. That there is an element in our support, those who support the non football-related 'traditions' of the club, who look down on those who don't support those traditions and see them as less of a fan. I also believe that may be true a little in reverse also, it is basic human nature, especially in Scotland. We don't embrace differences as well as we might

In America they talk a lot about Diversity, where it is most commonly used as regards race. I think in Scotland we have a diversity problem but more so in ideals.

In human society (or indeed in any society) there is always a hierarchy. The same goes for the Rangers support.

However, that does NOT mean anyone is a better fan/supporters than anyone else. Just because someone's geography or games attended rate is different from someone else doesn't and shouldn't class anyone. Yes, that may validate or invalidate certain opinions to an extent but that doesn't mean they don't love or care for the club any less.

Good point, inventing little hierarchies is all part of the human condition, indeed that's why communism is always doomed to failure because no one REALLY wants equality when it comes right down to it.

In my opinion the crux of a great club like Rangers is that its strength comes from so many different types of blue strands woven together. We have everyone from the guy who passes the stadium every day on his way to work to the Canadian Bear who has yet to cross the ocean to see it for the first time (and of course everyone else in between).

For those overseas I must tell you that far too much is made in our little country of the merit of supporting your wee local club, but I say why limit yourself to such a narrow parochial outlook when Rangers says so much more about you that a post code ever could (tu) .

In America they talk a lot about Diversity, where it is most commonly used as regards race. I think in Scotland we have a diversity problem but more so in ideals.

Like MacDonalds Bauba....Diversity has reached these shores...though its pretty much all encompassing from what I can gather...

Both public and private sector run courses for employees.....though Im reliably informed this is more to prevent organisation heads and companies being sued for racism or sexual discrimination etc as they wave the old "vicarious responsibility" banner.

Sums it up.

Born : Dumfries. Went to every game home and away from the age of 6.

Moved to England at the age of 10. Went to most home games during the season.

Moved to Cowdenbeath 16 years ago. Go to every home game and about half of away games.

I am Rangers and Rangers are me. I was Rangers when I was born and I will be Rangers when I die. Iam no better than you and you are no better than me. Divided we are just football supporters, together we are bears and only Rangers supporters know what that means.

Sums it up.

Born : Dumfries. Went to every game home and away from the age of 6.

Moved to England at the age of 10. Went to most home games during the season.

Moved to Cowdenbeath 16 years ago. Go to every home game and about half of away games.

I am Rangers and Rangers are me. I was Rangers when I was born and I will be Rangers when I die. Iam no better than you and you are no better than me. Divided we are just football supporters, together we are bears and only Rangers supporters know what that means.

great post mate that what its all about rangers take over our lives,we are the people. (tu)