Our Squad As It Stands.

PaulRFC1

224 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good enough squad to win the League ?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Overall are you happy with this transfer window ?

• Yes.
    • In the middle.
    • No.

I think the squad is good enough to win the league. It's not an amazing squad, but it's better than others.

But I'm not entirely happy with the transfers. I think Wallace was a good signing. Hopefully the two Americans will be decent too, as well as McKay. Ortiz appears to be pretty shite. But I really think we needed a striker. If Lafferty or Jelavic gets injured (and with our injury rate so far this season, that's more than likely), we're fucked.

I will reserve judgment on wether our squad is good enough as I have not seen enough of our new signings to say that they will be good signings or not, apart from Bartley. Our transfer dealings this window have frankly been farcical. I genuinely thought we would be signing some real quality, instead I am left wondering if our signings will cut it in the SPL. Really disappointed we didn't get the lad Juhasz or even Cuellar, we needed strengthening throughout the squad but I believe CB was the most important to get right. Bartley can do a job, Goian has started relatively well. After these two I think we are way short.

I will reserve judgment on wether our squad is good enough as I have not seen enough of our new signings to say that they will be good signings or not, apart from Bartley. Our transfer dealings this window have frankly been farcical. I genuinely thought we would be signing some real quality, instead I am left wondering if our signings will cut it in the SPL. Really disappointed we didn't get the lad Juhasz or even Cuellar, we needed strengthening throughout the squad but I believe CB was the most important to get right. Bartley can do a job, Goian has started relatively well. After these two I think we are way short.

McKay and Wallace will surprise you.

;)

I think mccoist had 2 lists of targets. List A would have been headed by Hemed. List B containing Conway & Goodwillie. By the looks of it Mr White has rejected them both, and went for list C. Players that nobodys interested in, therfore no bidding war.

Im not chuffed with Ortiz, and Matt MacKay doesnt excite me. I just hope we dont end up with 11 Broadfoots.

In saying that, we'll still win the league.

Bougherra doesn't seem to get much of a mention, but he is a huge loss. Possibly our most important player over 3IAR IMO.

Also, the loss of Miller is huge. Even when he wasn't scoring an incredible amount of goals, he was still an important player for us.

Overall, of course we are good enough to win the league but we will need to focus and get the best out of players like Davis, Naismith and Jelavic. It will be very close between us and the Tims again this season.

The squad we have should def be good enough to win the league providing we dont get too many injuries and suspensions, so yes to the 1st question.

Dealings in this transfer market, if based on who we have brought in then it would have been a big NO. The fact that we still have jelavic in our squad, now its closed puts me in the middle. Keeping him when he cant play european football for another season (which was one of his main reasons for signing for us) is a massive plus!

Bougherra doesn't seem to get much of a mention, but he is a huge loss. Possibly our most important player over 3IAR IMO.

Also, the loss of Miller is huge. Even when he wasn't scoring an incredible amount of goals, he was still an important player for us.

Overall, of course we are good enough to win the league but we will need to focus and get the best out of players like Davis, Naismith and Jelavic. It will be very close between us and the Tims again this season.

I've not even given Bougherra a thought now we have Goian.

That's how easily the big man has slotted in.

the squad is good enuff but only because the tarriers are fuckin pish.

i have complete faith that ally will get the job done, even though he has been hadicapped by mr whyte lack of backing.

the transfer window was a fucking shambles, we went for caviar and came back with welks. although i think bedoya and mckay will be decent enuff players and goin and wallace seem to be decent(if they stay injury free) but they are not the QUALITY i expected us to sign.

I think we will win the league again and i also think player for player we are a better unit when we play football and don't sit back and be happy with a 1-0 etc.

The key reason behind my opinion is that domestically we have been able to grind out results over the past few years when playing very badly but the the tarriers can't seem to do that (st johnstone) and with them being gifted a back door entrance straight back into the europa, that can only be a massive benefit to us with all of the extra games they will incur. (sadly financially they will reep the benefits)

Play positively and we will comfortably win the league.

if jelavic gets injured then we are struggling in the striking dept with what we have got

While it would be nice to field a side that could win the Champions League, we should know that just isn't going to happen. How far did the 9IAR teams go in the Champions Leauge, bar the victory over Leeds United? Not very and everyone expects us to spend money to get great players to go on a long run in the Champions League?!! Unfortunately, that's not realistic until Rangers have been in the EPL for a few seasons.

So while I'd love the club to win the Champions League, I'll be realistic and happy with winning the SPL, which the lads'll do this season, although it'll be a hard fought victory. I agree it'll be extra tough if Jelavic or one of the cbs get injured, but I'm going to remain optimistic.

Looking forward to the Dundee United game! :)

the squad is better now than the squad that travelled to rugby park for the title last season

so where the complaints are i do not know

The squad where in a position down to the goals of Kenny Miller from the first half of the season.

If Jela gets injured again who is going to score the goals?