Our Squad As It Stands.

PaulRFC1

224 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good enough squad to win the League ?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Overall are you happy with this transfer window ?

• Yes.
    • In the middle.
    • No.

Goalkeepers : McGregor, Alexander, Adam

Full backs : Broadfoot, McMillan, Whittaker, Papac, Wallace, Bocanegra, Ortiz, Wylde

Centre backs : Weir, Goian, Bartley, Bocanegra, Perry, Broadfoot, Papac

Centre mids : Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Ness, McKay, Bedoya, Bartley, Naismith

Wide midfielders : Naismith, Ortiz, Wylde, Bedoya, Kerkar, Lafferty, McKay, Davis, Wallace, Whittaker

Strikers : Jelavic, Lafferty, Healy, Naismith

The players in bold can play in that position but it is not their "natural" position.

Transfers in : Bedoya, Goian, Wallace, Bartley, McKay, Ortiz, Bocanegra.

Transfers out : Bougherra, Beattie, Fleck(loan), Hutton(loan), Little(loan).

In your opinion is this enough to get the job done ?

People are completely underestimating the WS and Miller factors from last season.

The squad is weaker from last season, imo although im hoping the likes of Bedoya will prove me wrong.

We have players in that squad who will be plagued by injuries all season, meaning the players in bold are the key to how our season develops.

Jig will be a dead cert to start every gane when fit, very depressing, last time I felt this deflated was when Le Gune came in and we were linked with a few players from the Lyon team, only to be left with powderpuff, technical players from Austria.

If I was a betting man I would be betting n the same outcome.

The fans are also due a frank and public explanation from Whyte and Smith as to wtf they were playing at. Our reputation is in tatters across Europe for our "joke' E Bay style bidding.

Slag AJ and Bain all you like, but what they deleivered under the circumstances tells it's own story.

A weaker defence in the middle IMO, and a weaker strike force than we started with last season, lack of good options if either Lafferty or Jelavic gets injured

Is this a good enough squad to win the League? 50/50 so voted for no

Overall are you happy with this transfer window? No, mainly answered with my 1st comment

Do I think we have a squad capable of winning the league......without a doubt. I would have liked to have seen another CF in, but i'm looking forward to seeing how McKay and Bedoya fit in, and will be interesting to see where Ally sees Naismith's best position.

A weaker defence in the middle IMO, and a weaker strike force than we started with last season, lack of good options if either Lafferty or Jelavic gets injured

Is this a good enough squad to win the League? 50/50 so voted for no

Overall are you happy with this transfer window? No, mainly answered with my 1st comment

Weaker than Beattie and Miller?

This squad wasnt good enough to beat 2 mediocre teams in Europe we have alot of deadwood who havn't been moved on, we have played 5 SPL games so far the Motherwell game is the only ONE we have played well start to finish ONE good performance in FIVE games. Its just as well the SPL is a pish league we can play shite and still come away with 3 points, the standards have dropped its time for Ally to step up and play and get the best out of this squad of players and give us some entertaining attacking football.

Goalkeepers : McGregor, Alexander, Adam

Full backs : Broadfoot, McMillan, Whittaker, Papac, Wallace, Bocanegra, Ortiz, Wylde

Centre backs : Weir, Goian, Bartley, Bocanegra, Perry, Broadfoot, Papac

Centre mids : Davis, McCulloch, Edu, Ness, McKay, Bedoya, Bartley, Naismith

Wide midfielders : Naismith, Ortiz, Wylde, Bedoya, Kerkar, Lafferty, McKay, Davis, Wallace, Whittaker

Strikers : Jelavic, Lafferty, Healy, Naismith

The players in bold can play in that position but it is not their "natural" position.

Transfers in : Bedoya, Goian, Wallace, Bartley, McKay, Ortiz, Bocanegra.

Transfers out : Bougherra, Beattie, Fleck(loan), Hutton(loan), Little(loan).

In your opinion is this enough to get the job done ?

:mad: enough tae make yer mooth water.

With a squad of 26 I don't see why not.

You all forget how shite that mob at the giro dome really are!

What's wrong with being careful with our money and possibly building a side that has some bargain players that could do a job!? Oh aye and Kane Hemmings is a striker...what's wrong with giving him a few cup games to keep Jela, Laff or Naismith fresh!? When everyone is fit then I don't see what the fuss is about???

Edit: Sorry squad of 25, I'm not counting Edu, he's like playing with a man down!!!

I think we're good enough to win the SPL ONLY because the other teams are poor. With the exception of the Mhanks, we really shouldn't have any difficulty beating any of the other teams. Once again (and, as always) it will be a battle between us and them.

The sad thing is that I do NOT believe that we have a good squad. I don't think we have any real strength in depth, and we are severely lacking in quality - with the possible exception of 2 or 3 players.

If we were playing in a stronger league we would struggle badly, and this was evidenced in our pre-season and our abysmal Champions League and Europa League ventures.

I am worried that we have settled for a team that can compete in the SPL, but nowhere else. That's how I see it I'm afraid.

The standard of the other sides in the SPL is dire to say the least, so of course we are good enough to win the SPL it would be ludicrous to think otherwise. Nevertheless, we needed a quality striker and we didn't get one and we can't continue to rely on pure blind luck for the rest of the reason. So no, not overly happy with how the transfer window has gone. Win the league though, and none of us will give a shit about whats happened - or not - this month. On paper we have the best side in the SPL. But that isn't really much of a boast.