Rangers Sued By Law Firm Over Unpaid Bill

trueblue68

Handy that they also deflect away from the suspicions over Whyte and his knack of having legal measures taken against us over unpaid bills.

You've still not laid out the 'possible' evil plan hatched by Bain in all of this.

Martin wouldn't do that! Martin is a Rangers man , his dad used to sing all the Rangers songs! oops! we talking about the same Martin that used to sit with his mobile in hand during the games and text ! right that Martin! ouch! bit my tongue there :lol:

Someone once alleged that he had a fondness for the South if France.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin wouldn't do that! Martin is a Rangers man , his dad used to sing all the Rangers songs! oops! we talking about the same Martin that used to sit with his mobile in hand during the games and text ! right that Martin! ouch! bit my tongue there :lol:

Someone once alleged that he had a fondness for the South if France.

This isn't about Bain although some are trying to make it look like it is. Their motives for doing so can only be guessed at.

As for the man himself, I've seen little over the years to make me think that he has even a fondness for The Rangers. As for the South of France, that was a mere misunderstanding. Davie boy said so. :sherlock:

There are many successful businessmen out there up and down the length and breadth of Great Britain and beyond who are, shall we say 'tardy' when it comes to paying bills owed, etc.....but the miniscule London spiv appears to use the "can (or can't?) pay, won't pay" attitude right down the line.

It's looking like his modus operandi.

"Put the cheque books in the drawer" was allegedly heard echoing around the marble staircase on the day he arrived.

At first I thought this the fruit of a fertile imagination, but now.......... :disappointment:

This isn't about Bain although some are trying to make it look like it is. Their motives for doing so can only be guessed at.

As for the man himself, I've seen little over the years to make me think that he has even a fondness for The Rangers. As for the South of France, that was a mere misunderstanding. Davie boy said so. :sherlock:

And Davie boy told us that he was building a Dynasty

for his sons to rule Ibrox! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! those halcyon days!

There are many successful businessmen out there up and down the length and breadth of Great Britain and beyond who are, shall we say 'tardy' when it comes to paying bills owed, etc.....but the miniscule London spiv appears to use the "can (or can't?) pay, won't pay" attitude right down the line.

It's looking like his modus operandi.

"Put the cheque books in the drawer" was allegedly heard echoing around the marble staircase on the day he arrived.

At first I thought this the fruit of a fertile imagination, but now.......... :disappointment:

I read your posts before the takeover, and Whyte has not gave me a reason so far, to reckon that you were talking mince.

FFS you would think that with all the bad publicity about the taxman, he would take care of other smaller ones before we get threatened with the court.

I find it hard to believe that a law firm would take it this far, if they did not think they were owed it.

This shit makes me fuckin nervous.

Anybody else starting to wonder if Martin Bain is causing our club a lot of grief out of spite?

His name seems to be cropping up in a few issues of late.

Also, what can possibly be the problem with a £35,000 Legal Bill? FFS fine Whittaker 2 weeks wages for his sending off in Malmo and pay the fucking thing!

This. :clap:(tu)

wasn't bain the one accused of spilling detailed stuff about behind the scenes at ibrox to manslaughter Phil? Or some form of crooked journalist?

His name has been attached to a few incidents involving Rangers FC recently. That's all I was saying in an earlier post.

If a Lawyer is fighting your corner, as Bain's Lawyer is, it would be prudent for him to gather as much damaging information on the club/business/company he is fighting against. This information would then be used as a bargaining tool, or just to chip away at the club/company/business in order to weaken them, ready for the kill.

It's nothing unusual.

I'm not saying this is the case, but it's worth considering.

Another thing Whyte has nothing to do with, he wasn't here when this happened.

But if I look at the defence in that case i wouldn't give them a dime.

The bill hasn't been settled and as owner/chairman, that is down to Whyte, whatever the reasons behind the non-payment.

In short:

1. Whyte knew he would face these bills before he acquired the club.

2. He is entitled to dispute those bills notwithstanding the fact he knew how much they would be.

3. This isn't a question of Rangers not being able to afford the bills. If it was, we would've flogged players in the transfer window.

If Whyte thinks he can shave something off the £2.8m from HMRC then good on him. If Whyte thinks the LM fee is excessive then good on him.

He is obviously getting professional advice in respect of all these matters. I seriously doubt he's just refusing to pay debts and letting all-comers take the club to court.

In short:

2. He is entitled to dispute those bills notwithstanding the fact he knew how much they would be.

3. This isn't a question of Rangers not being able to afford the bills. If it was, we would've flogged players in the transfer window.

If Whyte thinks he can shave something off the £2.8m from HMRC then good on him. If Whyte thinks the LM fee is excessive then good on him.

He is obviously getting professional advice in respect of all these matters. I seriously doubt he's just refusing to pay debts and letting all-comers take the club to court.

That of course assumes he doesn't have a Plan B now we have no European money. :sherlock:

In short:

Correct. Too many people are being far too judgemental without knowing the facts.

35 grand to tell you not to sing certain songs pay them fuck all dirty robbin bastards.

The Chairman of Kilmarnock FC has his salary posted under his Lawyers business, and for the past 2 seasons he's taken something in the region of £50k for services rendered.

£35k for this one Lawyers fee does seem a bit extreme, and is probably the reason why Whyte contested it.

However, we'll never know without knowing the facts.

im only asking you to prove that whyte didnt find the bill

if you cannot prove that then just say and we can move on (tu)

Whyte didnt find it (tu)

AJ: "There are two HMRC situations. One has been ongoing and another one, which is noted in the accounts, has just arisen in the last couple of months."

JT: "Is that about £3m?"

AJ: "It's £2.8m. Our numbers today would be £2.8m better if it wasn't for the fact we had to take this charge."

JT: "What is it related to? Two players in particular?"

AJ: "It relates to more than two or three players and an issue 10 or 11 years ago. As the Americans say, this one came out of left-field.

"It's really frustrating because nobody knew about it a couple of months ago."

JT: "So why wasn't this flagged up?"

AJ: "I don't know. These were schemes that abounded 10,11,12 years ago. The reason it has come home to roost right now is as a result of another tax case which set a precedent and allowed HMRC to revisit an issue from 10 years ago."

So we took advice on what to do to pay a £35k fine and got hit with a bill for another £35k. Shambles

To be fair, our people believed the punishment and fine were going to be much severer. We were expecting at least 1 game behind closed doors, potentially 2.

A £35k legal bill versus £1m gate receipts tells a different story. (tu)

I would like to know how the legal bill was calculated. Most solicitors charge fees by the hour. Even if they charge £200 per hour that is 175 hours. That is 3 weeks at a 58 hour week. If Vat is on top of the £200 per hour then that would make it 140 hours or 3 weeks at 47 hours per week. Say a legal team of two lawyers your looking at 1.5 weeks for both of them. I can't see how they can justify that amount of time. However, the bill may have been based on a percentage of the money at stake which would certainly raise the final price although I can't believe anyone would agree to this idea. In most cases, the solicitor is supposed to give you an indication of how much the fees are likely to be before they take the case. If RFC think that the bill is excessive then they should pay the original sum and argue about the balance. I suppose it is possible that the £35k is the excessive bit and we have paid the original estimate. Under normal circumstances, if a solicitors account is being contested then the Law Society of Scotland would mediate. It looks like RFC hasn't paid a coin at this stage. Unfortunately, as with all things Rangers at present, we can only speculate. We are a PR disaster.

Let's not kid ourselves here, Bain fucked up on numerous occasions.

To be fair, the one thing I personally always held against him was his inability to get transfer fees for the likes of Burke. The whole, paying off contracts thing but ultimately, that's what we did with Beattie, despite reported interested throughout the transfert window.

He did fuck up during his time here, but this whole paying off contracts thing hasn't stopped since he left and it needs to stop.