Matty Mckay Interview

Stu1993

Video

Rangers' summer signing Matt McKay has arrived in Glasgow ready to begin his career at Ibrox.

The Australian international agreed a move from Brisbane Roar before the end of the summer transfer window but had to wait to join his new team-mates due to paperwork and two crucial World Cup qualifiers with the Socceroos.

McKay played the full 90 minutes in World Cup qualifying wins against Thailand and Saudi Arabia before packing his bags to move to Glasgow and turning his attention to club football.

The midfielder said he was raring to go and looking forward to making his debut in the Scottish Premier League after wondering if he would ever get to move to Europe.

"It's always in the back of your mind that you've missed that opportunity," McKay told STV.

"For me it was an opportunity I couldn't knock back. I loved my time in Australia but Europe is where I have always wanted to be.

"Even though it's come late, I'm raring to go and I want to do a job for Rangers."

The Australian, who was greeted at Glasgow Airport by former Roar team-mate Charlie Miller, said that his fitness wasn't in question after playing for his country and a series of friendlies for his former club.

He said that he was ready to face Dundee United on Saturday if Ally McCoist gave him the nod. "We've had pre-season at the Roar and I have played 10 games with them," he explained.

"Obviously I've had international games, quite a few recently, and two in the last week. So I'm fit and I'm ready to go.

"I've looked after myself, we've had these international games and I've come through them unscathed. If the manager needs me this weekend, I'll be ready."

"The Australian, who was greeted at Glasgow Airport by former Roar team-mate Charlie Miller, said that his fitness wasn't in question after playing for his country and a series of friendlies for his former club."

Hopefully he doesn't spend too much time with Charlie.

"The Australian, who was greeted at Glasgow Airport by former Roar team-mate Charlie Miller, said that his fitness wasn't in question after playing for his country and a series of friendlies for his former club."

Miller or the powder??? :lol:

Charlie will have him in the District Bar :D

I've got a really really good feeling about this one.

So have I mate!

It's up to his teammates how well he plays though, as i've said on here before he is a total footballer and the A League is so much slower and less physical than the SPL.

Players around him have to feed him to feet, no point lumping balls into channels for him to chase we will be a man down if that happens.