Whyte Hits Back At Lawwell And Admits Transfer Mistakes.

PaulRFC1

why is he telling the whole world our players are available, because we're skint. I thought knocking back the Jelavic bids was a sign of solidarity regardless of the reasoning, but he's basically saying he'd have defo gone had it been earlier! so whoever fancies him, or indeed anyone else, wont be bidding what they might have, advantage lost. Its no secret we'd sell anyone if the right offer came in, we're a selling club, just dont tell them we're badly needing to, right? :s

Who wouldn't knock back £9m out of Europe and you could pick up a good striker for about £2m , so £7m in the pocket. Any half decent striker should bag about 25 playing in the SPL for Rangers.

This latest have to sell players maybe, rest at the feet (and head) of the players and Ally and his cohorts . And another thing anyone wanting Greegs , Davis or Whitakker ahve to dig deep now as the new terms of contracts for this very point.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wouldn't knock back £9m out of Europe and you could pick up a good striker for about £2m , so £7m in the pocket. Any half decent striker should bag about 25 playing in the SPL for Rangers.

This latest have to sell players maybe, rest at the feet (and head) of the players and Ally and his cohorts . And another thing anyone wanting Greegs , Davis or Whitakker ahve to dig deep now as the new terms of contracts for this very point.

It's a splendid plan until you come out and tell those prospective buyers that you are infact skint and need to sell your biggest earners to reduce the wage bill to more manageable levels.

Nothing in that statement fill me with confidence to the point that I would say that the Club are in good hands and the future looks bright. An interview that has all the soundbites of preparing our fans for the worst secenario. Mr whyte has not had the best of starts to his Era. I feel he is out of his depth and has been ill prepared for the day to day running of an institution such as Glasgow Rangers. The debt may be gone but a new debt twice as big as the last one will bring the club to its knees. A very sad day for our club when the owner has admiited as much to the media bearing in mind he said that the tax case was winable. Mistakes have been made and poor Ally will be hung out to dry. the biggest mestake was Craig Whyte under estimating the task in hand. He could loose the small fortune he has.

The manager and players must also share the blame for getting knocked out of Europe and costing us money. But hey ho let us all just blame Whyte.

This has been criminally overlooked, excellent point.

I mind Ally saying he fancied Malmo due to the travelling, but there were easier options. Had he done any research other than a short flight?

No way with things as serious as they are should that tie have been lost. It made me mad when Ally said that beating the sheep would make up for it (might not have been them but our next league game). This was a total disaster and Ally's fucking idiotic tactics in the first leg cost us.

The tragic thing is I fully expect him to repeat this on Sunday with Jig shoehorned into a 5 man MF along with Edu.

We seem to say it every year how important winning the league is this year, but sweet jesus, this looks like the most important one in our lifetime.

We really are staring down the barrel of a return to the early 80's. I just hope there are some money bags Rangers men out there who are allowed to invest.

This has been criminally overlooked, excellent point.

I mind Ally saying he fancied Malmo due to the travelling, but there were easier options. Had he done any research other than a short flight?

No way with things as serious as they are should that tie have been lost. It made me mad when Ally said that beating the sheep would make up for it (might not have been them but our next league game). This was a total disaster and Ally's fucking idiotic tactics in the first leg cost us.

The tragic thing is I fully expect him to repeat this on Sunday with Jig shoehorned into a 5 man MF along with Edu.

We seem to say it every year how important winning the league is this year, but sweet jesus, this looks like the most important one in our lifetime.

We really are staring down the barrel of a return to the early 80's. I just hope there are some money bags Rangers men out there who are allowed to invest.

Criminally overlooked :lol:doh

Do you even read this board :lol:

:crabflute: i've just had breakfast with a group of friends here in manchester city&united fans and they just cant believe what has happend to our club ,i showed them the rangers media on my laptop and they could not get over the ammount of doom and gloom on the part of the fans as one of them said theres nothing the fans can do to influence the board, decisions have to be made for the good of the club and the best way to do that is to get right behind the team and the manager and let the bordroom men get on with the job of turning the financial side to the good,now lets just get behind the team for the match on sunday and cheer them on from start to the final whistle lets try and set a new decibel level.

I agree wae yer sentiments on supporting the team and letting the Board sort things out.

I don't agree that any Bear should be listening tae the opinions of Man Utd or Man City fans given their recent histories.

How is it that Malmo with an annual wage bill of 4.3m pounds and Maribor with a wage bill of 1.4m or such can beat a Rangers team with a wage bill of 16m+ ?

There is something far wrong with our scouting and wages structure then. The players and coaches need a good kick up the backside to put it politely.

We must start playing our youth players they are our future.

The fitness and coaching has to cjange where we must use the ball at our feet ,and get our players speed up to scratch to compete with the likes of Malmo /Maribor ,and stop being afraid to attack teams at home.

We must play a more skilled and attacking game and then winning will be a regular thing in Europe again.

The coaching ,and training must change as there is something wrong when some of these boys get in to the first team.

Oh and stop this high ball crap ,and learn to take free kicks .

Its all about practice practice practice ,and our players dont prepare enough it is obvious .

I think Jela wants to be in the EPL sooner rather than later. We all want to keep our stars, but if a bid in the £10m region came in with time to get quality replacements it would make for good business, even on a firm financial footing.

Sad to say but I think one season in the SPL is probably enough for anyone especially with no European football as a diversion

Sad to say but I think one season in the SPL is probably enough for anyone especially with no European football as a diversion

He will move on, and if so, good luck to him. I don't think I'd really want to have anyone playing for the Rangers who never showed any ambition to become a better player, and move up a level when the opportunity arose.

He's always been honest enough about hoping to move on, as was Bougherra, so good luck to him. Unlike Mhiller and Boyd who kept us in the dark, left for more money, and to clubs where they were never going to win any more than they did with the Rangers. Ambition? No. Greed for money? Yes.

We'll get a decent fee for him as well when he does move on.

Seems something has changed since the postive Mr Whyte we seen in the summer. Malmo anyone? :(

Exactly. The loss of £12/15m would have any club in the world revisiting their projected spending.

Malmo made sure Rangers FC had to do so. Or Ally and Co did, depending on the opinion of the individual.

Seems something has changed since the postive Mr Whyte we seen in the summer. Malmo anyone? :(

Without a doubt.

I said that when Whyte was talking about his investment he had taken CL monies into account and I was shot down.

As Casey said he is a master of ambiguity.