Unpopular Thoughts/opinions About The Rangers

Senna

He's a glorified fanzine writer -not a very good one at that.

Agreed. You know you have to take what he says with a pinch of salt because there is unquestionable bias, basically equivalent to Mac Ghiolla Bain (though hugely less annoying) - pretty much a guy to appease those who love to think rangers are hard done by

Rangers fans who base their friends, politics, residential area and even their brands/shops on what football team they support/are linked to are knuckledraggingly thick and I have no time for them.

Probably the best post ever on this site. It applies to fans of all clubs too I suppose. People who cannot disconnect football from life are unworthy of anyone's time

Rangers fans who base their friends, politics, residential area and even their brands/shops on what football team they support/are linked to are knuckledraggingly thick and I have no time for them.

But Paisley's a toilet! :P

I loved Gazza as a footballer but I have no respect whatsoever for him as a human being. His post-retiremnt antics have been cringe-worthy and pathetic.

Tin Hat firmly on.

His post-retirement antics HAVE been cringe-worthy and pathetic. Don't know how anybody could argue with that.

I still have time for him though.

His post-retirement antics HAVE been cringe-worthy and pathetic. Don't know how anybody could argue with that.

I still have time for him though.

It's his constant craving for sympathy and an apparent penchant for victimhood that irks me most. He's behaved monstrously and yet he sees himself as the victim. Pathetic. Loved him once, but no more.

It's his constant craving for sympathy and an apparent penchant for victimhood that irks me most. He's behaved monstrously and yet he sees himself as the victim. Pathetic. Loved him once, but no more.

This tends to be the case with sick people. It certainly doesn't help that nobody ever wants to tell Gazza to shut the fuck up, stop making jokes and talk about things seriously. Until people stop treating him like a lovable clown he will always feel that he's a lovable clown who has just had bad luck.

I don't think he's a bad person. A pathetic person, yes. In the literal sense of the word more than anything.

This tends to be the case with sick people. It certainly doesn't help that nobody ever wants to tell Gazza to shut the fuck up, stop making jokes and talk about things seriously. Until people stop treating him like a lovable clown he will always feel that he's a lovable clown who has just had bad luck.

I don't think he's a bad person. A pathetic person, yes. In the literal sense of the word more than anything.

I'm to opposite to most people. I never liked him (as a person) when he was in his prime. I thought he was a poor excuse for a man. Now I feel a bit guilty as I never realised he was genuinely mentally ill.

I reckon he would appear in the 2nd half with the ally mcoist of today in charge

It s a error I think he will have learned from.

(tu)

One of the most promising things, especially in comparison to Walter, is that Ally seems to learn from his mistakes.

No more mistakes Ally, but when they inevitably happen, keep learning.

I'd bet hundreds of people have sat him down and told him that.

Ok, people in public.

If Piers Morgan wasn't such a smarmy, obsequious prick he should have told Gazza it wasn't funny when he weasled out of the discussion of him hitting his wife by making a joke about asking her for a fiver.

I think Stan Collymore is a dick but he wasn't far off the mark when he said he gets much more criticism for hitting Ulrika Jonsson than Gazza got for hitting his wife, and the reason is that nobody likes Stan Collymore, so nobody has any inclination to cut him any slack. People have always had the inclination to cut Gazza some slack because of his clown persona. And it is really no wonder, bearing in mind that he doesn't seem like a very intelligent, emotionally mature or mentally healthy person, that he has fully bought into that. Things get awkward? Make a joke and everybody will love you again.

Ok, people in public.

If Piers Morgan wasn't such a smarmy, obsequious prick he should have told Gazza it wasn't funny when he weasled out of the discussion of him hitting his wife by making a joke about asking her for a fiver.

I think Stan Collymore is a dick but he wasn't far off the mark when he said he gets much more criticism for hitting Ulrika Jonsson than Gazza got for hitting his wife, and the reason is that nobody likes Stan Collymore, so nobody has any inclination to cut him any slack. People have always had the inclination to cut Gazza some slack because of his clown persona. And it is really no wonder, bearing in mind that he doesn't seem like a very intelligent, emotionally mature or mentally healthy person, that he has fully bought into that. Things get awkward? Make a joke and everybody will love you again.

That really is a fantastic post.

That really is a fantastic post.

I was really torn, watching that show last night, between wanting to give Gazza a slap and wanting to give everybody in the studio a slap for encouraging him.

The difference is he's not a well man, and I have a fair amount of patience for people in his particular predicament, however impossible they are and however much they might be past the point of deserving compassion, but my patience for his cheerleaders is running thin. I don't think any less of Paul Gascoigne after watching that, his situation is what it is, but I was quite irked by 'Gazza'. And I've always liked the guy and think he's a very funny man.