Gregg Wylde Is Not Good Enough For Rangers

GOAT

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think how is he is played does him a disservice. He mostly takes the ball too deep in my very humble opinion: Ally knows the game well more than I ever could; but I do wonder if his pace should not be used in a variety of ways: one being to run on to the pass and unlocking a defence.

OI you enough of that Bolshi talk.

Pass and running onto a ball nonsence...high,long and hard is the way forward..haven't you noticed

I thought Wylde was going to be a cracking player when he burst on to the scene, I think I even mentioned Davie Cooper at the time because of his one footed direct style of play....

I'd like to retract any comparison I made between Rangers legend Cooper and Gregg Wylde!

He has pace but that's about it. Defenders know what he's about now and read him like a book. He has no trickery, doesn't pose a goal threat and doesn't keep possession well enough, he seems to think every time he gets the ball he must go past the defender and get a cross in, sometimes it's better to keep the ball and wait for a better opportunity!

I for one am hoping Celik gets a run out on the left at the weekend to see a player with a bit of drive and skill going forward because as much as I like Wallace he isn't a left sided midfielder/winger in a million years!!

Defended him on here but I was in the wrong.

It seems that he has been found out, he simply has nothing apart from pace and everyone he comes up against knows this so they stand off him and he doesn't know what to do. Infact most of the time he still tries to hit it ahead of him up the line and get a cross in even tho the player is waiting for it.

He seems to have lost all ability to put in a decent cross aswell.

I really hope I am proved wrong tho.

what the young man may need is some good coaching to improve his final ball

If he needs coaching to cross a ball he shouldn't even be playing the game in the first place.

I mean surely you can't be serious with that point...surely?

from us to blackpool *500k*

from blackpool to liverpool 9.5M plus adds

And?

Newcastle to Liverpool for £35m...that says it all about the amount of money Liverpool are wasting.

Oh, and for the record I liked Adam with us.

from us to blackpool *500k*

from blackpool to liverpool 9.5M plus adds

oh it was the bank that sold him, my bad

Exactly, we sold this boy for peanuts because some fans want a young boy to play like pele every week.

He had quality and a good delivery on him and you could see this even in the early days.

People on here say he would fail at Rangers? How do you now that exactly?

Would he be better than Kerkar, Bedoya, Wallace, Wylde, Papac ect who have all been tried in our midfield this season?

Last time I saw Rangers playing consistantly well over a period of time was last season....must be wtaching another team from some on here.

Exactly, we sold this boy for peanuts because some fans want a young boy to play like pele every week.

He had quality and a good delivery on him and you could see this even in the early days.

People on here say he would fail at Rangers? How do you now that exactly?

Would he be better than Kerkar, Bedoya, Wallace, Wylde, Papac ect who have all been tried in our midfield this season?

Last time I saw Rangers playing consistantly well over a period of time was last season....must be wtaching another team from some on here.

Have to give a thumbs up re the above 00000042.gif Would add in the final run in, after the split the brand of attacking football is something we would all like to see.21.gif

Certainly done nothing to convince otherwise today...

Yes he was playing on the right hand side but he was blocked off at every turn, sadly offers no threat over that side due to the fact he is ridiculously one sided.

Needs to start working on other elements of his game as he is becoming waaaaaaaaaaaaay too predictable for opposition defenders.

Aluko,Mervan or Wylde what two would you play?

IF Mervan turns out to be a good player then he would be looking to start with Aluko on the opposite wing...only seeing 30 mins of him but he already showed a good touch, an eye for the pass, and a bit of variety in his play.

What it does look like is that McCoist isn't going to start Wylde unless the numbers are down, since we played on RM and Wallace has played LM for a long period now which of course is Wylde's favoured position.

I just can't see the kid getting better when he plays, he is being sussed out and as I said he needs to get a good few more tricks in his locker to help him out.

IF Mervan turns out to be a good player then he would be looking to start with Aluko on the opposite wing...only seeing 30 mins of him but he already showed a good touch, an eye for the pass, and a bit of variety in his play.

What it does look like is that McCoist isn't going to start Wylde unless the numbers are down, since we played on RM and Wallace has played LM for a long period now which of course is Wylde's favoured position.

I just can't see the kid getting better when he plays, he is being sussed out and as I said he needs to get a good few more tricks in his locker to help him out.

Agree,Mervan looks the part,Aluko well what can i say,but Wylde all pace with absolutly NO VARIATION.

I think he maybe just maybe has come in too early but this is the best way to learn I guess, id use wylde as a sub because he provides pace and he would be more use being spritely in those later moment, but we need to hit form and and get confidence flying so we know they are chappin at the bit.

Agree,Mervan looks the part,Aluko well what can i say,but Wylde all pace with absolutly NO VARIATION.

I have to agree with you mate, too early to tell with Merv but he looks like he could be a good signing, don't want to write Wylde off completely of course but right now...

If I was an opposition manager, believe me I would be absolutely raging with my full backs if they couldn't sufficiently deal with Wylde.

Hopefully training with more skillful players like Aluko may rub off on him and a bit of the technique will come (tu)