The Tax Man Is Coming

TheNuts

In regards to everything that has been happening over the last few months, and with the news of two of our directors standing down, I fear that the club will soon be visited by the taxman.

Worst case scenario would be a possible deduction of 10points.

Is anyone else feeling that this is right round the corner? Seems to me as everyone is sweeping this thought under the carpet at the moment, probably in bind hope that it will not come to this.

Anyone shed any light?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to everything that has been happening over the last few months, and with the news of two of our directors standing down, I fear that the club will soon be visited by the taxman.

Is anyone else feeling that this is right round the corner? Seems to me as everyone is sweeping this thought under the carpet at the moment, probably in bind hope that it will not come to this.

Anyone shed any light?

Directors in name only, they will not be missed. Maybe they resigned because the salmon sandwiches are now pink instead of red.

Anyone shed any light?

You know, you're right - it's never been discussed on here or anywhere else on the internet. Thanks for bringing it up, I've been hoping for a discussion about the tax case.

Anyone shed any light?

I can shed some light on the fact that your team is in a 3way battle with st johnstone and hearts for a europa league spot ya clown,POTATO!

Heard two different scenarios of this at the weekend.

Scenario 1: The London-based spiv and his gang hut crew reckon they (we, RFC) will lose the big case because his predecessor (the Vineyard-lover) did not keep within the rules of the game and that the small London-based spiv is already set up things to deal with the aftermath of such a loss.

Scenario 2: That it is possible that the previous owner (Mr Vineyard again) is 'het' for it given that all these payments were made from one of his companies and not the football club itself. The club would be in the clear.

I'm hoping for scenario 2.

That's called 'Karma'.

Now this is just a theory CB but if the OBT's were set up in a specific way then abused by the owner via his companies then is it possible he personally could be served with a notice of tax evasion or been party to it?

Bottom line is our case appears to centre around how these trusts were administered. The trusts themselves weren't illegal but open to abuse.

If as you say they have been deliberately and knowingly abused then i would be amazed if Rangers FC were the only ones pursued by HMRC.

As i say i am no expert on issues like this but logic and common sense would appear to dictate that individuals (if guilty) should also be punished regardless if they are still employed or connected with the club or not.

Now this is just a theory CB but if the OBT's were set up in a specific way then abused by the owner via his companies then is it possible he personally could be served with a notice of tax evasion or been party to it?

Bottom line is our case appears to centre around how these trusts were administered. The trusts themselves weren't illegal but open to abuse.

If as you say they have been deliberately and knowingly abused then i would be amazed if Rangers FC were the only ones pursued by HMRC.

As i say i am no expert on issues like this but logic and common sense would appear to dictate that individuals (if guilty) should also be punished regardless if they are still employed or connected with the club or not.

00000042.gif Agree and have said same in a number of posts

The scheme has to be passed under HMRC, and usually this sort of scheme will have a 3 or 5 year audit to make sure the the scheme is being run in accordance with the HMRC rules.

Someone has to sign off this audit. So they should have a responsibility in this.

Also was the scheme not set up under the banner of MIM , i seem to recall A.Johnston mentioning this.

IF and I said IF the scheme has contravened the rules, well could be criminal charges.

Was the last board involved in keeping an eye on this scheme?

No doubt the scheme was acceptable but not run under the rules of the scheme, hence the problem.

rangers are the "test Case" if we lose its been said there are over five thousand cases against companies to follow.rangers were not the only company run by a fuckin charlatan

Anyone shed any light?

10 point deduction is the 2nd BEST case scenario, after being completely cleared of course.

I'm not sure some of the folk on this forum

Live in the real world.

We have one director left from our old regime who failed with a takeover bid and an owner we know next to nothing about.

He hasn't been in tenure a year and has already broke promises.

The HMRC case is very real and everyone has admitted that.

Those who are not fearful are off their Nut.

Live in the real world.

We have one director left from our old regime who failed with a takeover bid and an owner we know next to nothing about.

*sigh*

He hasn't broken promises.

Those who are over-fearful will drive themselves off their nut. How do you think you losing sleep is going to affect the tax case?

When I read that the "worst that can happen" about Administration is a 10 points deduction, I realise they know as much about the situation as I do ... which is fuck all

AFAIK The "worst that can happen" about Administration is we have to sell a large majority, if not all, of our first team to try and pay back our creditors i.e. Craig Whyte.

Our players are maybe not the the largest asset on our books but they are the quickest way to realise capital for paying back debt.

Now, it should also be highlighted that stories of impending doom are greatly exagerated, at least for the near future. The case WILL be heard in November, there will be a decision made ..... what ever that decision, it WILL be appealed by the losing party which will extend any possibilty of administration for another year, at least .... there WILL be further appeals until they are exhausted, this could easily run for another 5 years before it comes to a final decision.

When I read that the "worst that can happen" about Administration is a 10 points deduction, I realise they know as much about the situation as I do ... which is fuck all

AFAIK The "worst that can happen" about Administration is we have to sell a large majority, if not all, of our first team to try and pay back our creditors i.e. Craig Whyte.

Our players are maybe not the the largest asset on our books but they are the quickest way to realise capital for paying back debt.

Now, it should also be highlighted that stories of impending doom are greatly exagerated, at least for the near future. The case WILL be heard in November, there will be a decision made ..... what ever that decision, it WILL be appealed by the losing party which will extend any possibilty of administration for another year, at least .... there WILL be further appeals until they are exhausted, this could easily run for another 5 years before it comes to a final decision.

Spot on mate to many people think al we will get is a 10 point deduction but we would have to sell out best players to pay towards the debt

Live in the real world.

I hope you are banned soon.