*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Mid way through my second season on the Ultimate Challenge.

Sitting in 4th, 4 of my starting 11 being the age of 16. As we speak, one of them (my right back!) rifled in a 45 yard belter to win the game against Dundee :lol:

Won the Challenge Cup too, beating Airdrie 3-1 in the final.

The only problem is my squad is so thin, 19 players. Suspensions or injuries badly hamper me.

I've been inspired by that guy's game in Sweden, I want to do something similar!

The first season is shite, since you don't get youth players until 7th March.

But once you get those, it's really worth it. Go for it!

Ma bad :disappointment: lol

Your kidding, god dam you dundee united!!! god dam you to hell!!

Its hard to bring in good players, here is my team

2vcwefq.jpg

We actually have a fairly similar team.

My jealousy is growing though because Griffiths was a target I was so set on getting and finally got the cash and an offer accepted then straight away he tells me he has no interest! Was raging :disappointment:

Jelavic really wants to leave and we have a bad history he keeps bringing up so he is set to go fairly soon probably for a shit amount of cash to.

Wilson won't come back to me even though he loved his stay and won tons of awards and was one of my top scorers :lol:

Morön BK

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Name: Moron BK

League: Swedish Second Division (North)

Finances: Okay

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Club Value: £30k

Founded in 1935' date=' Morön BK are a semi-professional Swedish club currently playing in the Swedish Second Division North. The club play their home games at Skogsvallen IP and possess fairly basic training facilities and very basic youth facilities. The club also has average junior coaching and a fairly basic youth recruitment network. The club retains a fierce rivalry with Skelleftea FF.

Morön BK have yet to win a competition.[/quote']

I chose Moron BK primarily because of their name, it made me giggle slightly. I then searched the rest of the Swedish Second Division (of which there are around 8) and no other club satisfied me as much as Moron BK. The major drawback is the clubs kit, Green and White hoops, but that is only a formality, and not something I'm angry about in any way, shape or form (yet).

I've made plans to stick with this for as long as possible, through good times and bad. Relegation will come, inevitably, but this time I want to stick with the club even if that does happen - I have a tendency to jump ship if things go south.

We're predicted an 8th place finish in the league, which should be achievable - I say this without having looked at either my squad or anyone else's - but don't hold much hope..

It is my intention to replicate the good work of the man on the SI website, but in all honesty I don't see myself having the patience to nurture my own youth players, so right from the outset I want to build my team, but not a team of cheap foreigners, a team of Swedes, supplemented by foreign talent if it becomes available. I will make attempts to upgrade Youth and Training facilities and use them to their full capacity, but don't expect too much of me.

We actually have a fairly similar team.

My jealousy is growing though because Griffiths was a target I was so set on getting and finally got the cash and an offer accepted then straight away he tells me he has no interest! Was raging :disappointment:

Jelavic really wants to leave and we have a bad history he keeps bringing up so he is set to go fairly soon probably for a shit amount of cash to.

Wilson won't come back to me even though he loved his stay and won tons of awards and was one of my top scorers :lol:

I signed him the 1st day but didnt get him till January :disappointment: coz he was on loan.

Same Jela wants out so a said ok, accepted 7mil from Porto and on the last day of the transfer window i cancelled it because i notice i couldnt get anybody in on time lol he was RAGING!! but i will let him go next window.

This is the 2nd season iv had Wilson what a player!!

Morön BK

Mor%C3%B6n_BK.png

Name: Moron BK

League: Swedish Second Division (North)

Finances: Okay

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Club Value: £30k

I chose Moron BK primarily because of their name, it made me giggle slightly. I then searched the rest of the Swedish Second Division (of which there are around 8) and no other club satisfied me as much as Moron BK. The major drawback is the clubs kit, Green and White hoops, but that is only a formality, and not something I'm angry about in any way, shape or form (yet).

I've made plans to stick with this for as long as possible, through good times and bad. Relegation will come, inevitably, but this time I want to stick with the club even if that does happen - I have a tendency to jump ship if things go south.

We're predicted an 8th place finish in the league, which should be achievable - I say this without having looked at either my squad or anyone else's - but don't hold much hope..

It is my intention to replicate the good work of the man on the SI website, but in all honesty I don't see myself having the patience to nurture my own youth players, so right from the outset I want to build my team, but not a team of cheap foreigners, a team of Swedes, supplemented by foreign talent if it becomes available. I will make attempts to upgrade Youth and Training facilities and use them to their full capacity, but don't expect too much of me.

Great stuff!

What is your bank balance like? I've managed to reduce Countys to only being a million in the red :pipe:

I signed him the 1st day but didnt get him till January :disappointment: coz he was on loan.

Same Jela wants out so a said ok, accepted 7mil from Porto and on the last day of the transfer window i cancelled it because i notice i couldnt get anybody in on time lol he was RAGING!! but i will let him go next window.

This is the 2nd season iv had Wilson what a player!!

Jela had a shit run and I was trying to offload him for a couple million and no one wanted him so I tried to win him back over and was successfull and he was one of my best players towards the end. I'd keep him but he really wants to go and when I ask him to stay he brings up the recent fall out and becomes an arsehole. :lol:

Yeah Wilson was ridiculously good for me to!

So far brought in Templeton to take up Ortiz position on the right, he's been a bit mediocre lately and I can move Naisy back up front.

Also got Mackail Smith as a back up striker as he was transfer listed so got him on the cheap.

Brought in Kyle Naughton for the same reason, cheap and can play both left and right defence (I also offloaded Papac)

Offered a contract to another striker called Alberto Bueno, stats are decent and basically got him for free so that should hopefully be enough but can't help but feel I don't have a stand out striker who scores for fun.

Current strikers are:

Jelavic

Amanatidis

Naismith

Mackail-Smith

Rhodes

Jela had a shit run and I was trying to offload him for a couple million and no one wanted him so I tried to win him back over and was successfull and he was one of my best players towards the end. I'd keep him but he really wants to go and when I ask him to stay he brings up the recent fall out and becomes an arsehole. :lol:

Yeah Wilson was ridiculously good for me to!

So far brought in Templeton to take up Ortiz position on the right, he's been a bit mediocre lately and I can move Naisy back up front.

Also got Mackail Smith as a back up striker as he was transfer listed so got him on the cheap.

Brought in Kyle Naughton for the same reason, cheap and can play both left and right defence (I also offloaded Papac)

Offered a contract to another striker called Alberto Bueno, stats are decent and basically got him for free so that should hopefully be enough but can't help but feel I don't have a stand out striker who scores for fun.

Current strikers are:

Jelavic

Amanatidis

Naismith

Mackail-Smith

Rhodes

Jelavic has been my best player, prob why teams wanted him but i didnt want him to go haha but need to let him leave as the saying goes if you love them let them go :lol:

Wilson and Goian get lots a goals for me love the 2 at CB :)

I have Ortiz or Naismith on the right, either one does a great job out there.

Also Bedoya is a wee fud he wanted a new contract and in the contract he wanted to be the highest paid player :lol: jog on wee man lol

Milan Djuric. Signed him at the start of the second season for £1.4m and he's been brilliant so far.

Probably already been mentioned, but Andile Jali is brilliant. Nabbed him for £300k at the beginning and just over a season later I'm knocking back £6m bids.

I'm trying to get Djuric as Jela replacement but it won't allow me to make an offer while he's on loan, any idea when he goes back to Parma? Can't seem to find any date on my game

Edit: Nevermind he went back to Parma a couple of days on from where I was at :clap:

What a fucking season...

ROSS COUNTY - SEASON 2012/13

LEAGUE:

We started off okay, not brilliant, but then the young boys were still trying to step up to the mark. We found ourselves sitting around 3rd, never quite close enough to mount a title charge, but never far away to rule us out.

Until the last 5 games..

Hamilton and Morton were in front of us. We played Morton away and beat them 2-1. Meanwhile, Hamilton lost to Dundee. Suddenly, there was two points covering the three teams!

Morton started to fall away, and eventually left it to a last day decider between us and Hamilton. We were playing each other in Dingwall. And I beat them 3-1 to win the title, and promotion by a single point!

CUP:

An amazing run in the Scottish Cup saw us overcome Ayr, Morton and then Hearts in the Semi's. Our reward was a trip to Hampden to play the great unwashed... and despite going 1-0 up in 59 seconds, we were beaten by a last minute goal. 2-1 :(

We won the Scottish Challenge Cup, dispatching of Airdrie United 3-1 in the final.

League Cup, we were papped out in the early stages.

YOUTH PLAYERS:

Ever Alcaraz (YP1): A full back who can play on either side. Played 46 games for me this season, an absolute mainstay. Contributed to the tightest defence in the league. High hopes for this boy. And yes, he is Scottish, but with Paraguayan ancestors it seems!

Kevin Munro (YP2): A keeper, and solid as a rock. Also contributed to that fantastic defensive record. Several clean sheets, and already at 2 stars CA. Definitely going to be vital for us in the SPL.

Michael Marshall (YP3): An attacking midfielder. Started off poorly, not convinced by this boy at all. Don't think he'll make the grade, but he picked up towards the end of the season. Still got 4.5 stars PA, but he's lagging behind the other boys. Still early days I suppose.

Scott Murray (YP4): A right back. This boy is fantastic. Scored a 45 yard peach one game. He's another big star, and it says alot of these kids that my defence was so solid. Hugely optimistic for him.

I also got 5 more kids, but they're only 15/16, recently recruited. More on them next season.

FINANCES: 644k in the red after that cup run. I started off with well over a million, so it's coming down eventually!

So now, I make the step up to the SPL. No signings permitted. I'm expecting to get humped straight back down, but the money will be good. Not to mention the experience for these kids.

I'm trying to get Djuric as Jela replacement but it won't allow me to make an offer while he's on loan, any idea when he goes back to Parma? Can't seem to find any date on my game

Edit: Nevermind he went back to Parma a couple of days on from where I was at :clap:

For future reference, just go into their contract info and it'll give you an end date for the loan deal.

He's a good replacement for Jela, got 18 goals and 13 assists for me in 30 games, but he picked up a lengthy injury in Janury and a better replacement emerged. Carlos Fierro.

He buried 17 goals in 19 league games, and he'll go into the third season as first choice.

The same thing is happening to me that did in my first Rangers attempt... my team have just fell apart in the second season.

Fair enough I am only a few games in but I only made a few changes still have a good strong team and every team look like they can beat me. Hopefully my fortunes turn around, I was unbeatable last season :disappointment:

Change up your formation then. If you play the same way all the time the game will eventually crack it.

I make small tweaks for each game, just changing the mentality or role depending on who's playing, and I've gone two seasons now without a dip in form that lasted more than two or three games.

For future reference, just go into their contract info and it'll give you an end date for the loan deal.

He's a good replacement for Jela, got 18 goals and 13 assists for me in 30 games, but he picked up a lengthy injury in Janury and a better replacement emerged. Carlos Fierro.

He buried 17 goals in 19 league games, and he'll go into the third season as first choice.

Fierro has been incredible for me scoring 106 goals in 3 and a half seasons. Also winning to 2014 World Cup Best Young Player Award & 2015 Copa America Young Player Award. Attracted bids from all over Europe currently Inter want him but he is going no where, not even a £20,000,000 bid could take him away and the fact he now lists Rangers his favourite team makes it that little bit easier when they come crawling for him. A 5 year contract at 15k pw is a steal :D

fierro.jpg

first season in jan and ive sold jelavic for 3million and naismith for £2.4 but still hardly got any of the funds to use .

signed a couple of pre contracts and got a couple going out , papac and that greek striker everyone signs

trying to sign rhodes the now but only got about 800k

lafferty and the greek guy got injured so seemed to be having a bit of a striker crisis with only fleck as a first team striker

but then in steps kal naismith

mcg5jd.png

hopefully he keeps up the form

Fierro has been incredible for me scoring 106 goals in 3 and a half seasons. Also winning to 2014 World Cup Best Young Player Award & 2015 Copa America Young Player Award. Attracted bids from all over Europe currently Inter want him but he is going no where, not even a £20,000,000 bid could take him away and the fact he now lists Rangers his favourite team makes it that little bit easier when they come crawling for him. A 5 year contract at 15k pw is a steal :D

fierro.jpg

Looks a gd player will have to find him (tu)

Into my 3rd season now, won the league both times. Team just now is looking pretty strong, Griffiths is just as good as he was in the last game! Got Man City, Lyon and Schalke in the Champions League and I'm doing pretty well tbh.

Lyon 3-0 Rangers - Was 0-0 in 80 minutes and I made the mistake of not going defensive for the last 10.

Rangers 3-2 Man City - Played great this game, deserved the win.

Schalke 2-2 Rangers - I should have won tbh, 90 minute equaliser for them.

Rangers 3-2 Schalke - Same as the Man City game, pumped them. :D

Pretty confident about getting a result at home to Lyon and will try my best against City away, looking good for me getting into the last 16. :D

Into my 3rd season now, won the league both times. Team just now is looking pretty strong, Griffiths is just as good as he was in the last game! Got Man City, Lyon and Schalke in the Champions League and I'm doing pretty well tbh.

Lyon 3-0 Rangers - Was 0-0 in 80 minutes and I made the mistake of not going defensive for the last 10.

Rangers 3-2 Man City - Played great this game, deserved the win.

Schalke 2-2 Rangers - I should have won tbh, 90 minute equaliser for them.

Rangers 3-2 Schalke - Same as the Man City game, pumped them. :D

Pretty confident about getting a result at home to Lyon and will try my best against City away, looking good for me getting into the last 16. :D

Well played sum gd results there mate (tu)