*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

I've been reasonably lucky with European draws so far.

First season I drew HJK, Marseille, and Barcelona, finishing third and dropping into the Europa, which I went on to win.

Second season I drew Lyon, Sevilla, and Anderlecht, finishing second but going out to Valencia in the last 16.

This season I've drawn Arsenal, Lyon, and Zurich. Three games in and I'm second, having lost to Arsenal but beaten the other two.

Decided to continue my Rangers/Brazil save from FM10. The year is 2034 and Brazil have made the World Cup. Our group contains Scotland, Australia and El Salvador. Beat Scotland and El Salvador 1-0 and Australia 2-0. Draw Albania in the 2nd round, couldn't have got a better team or so i thought.

ohdeark.png

:disappointment:

Was sacked after the game.

Into my 3rd season now, won the league both times. Team just now is looking pretty strong, Griffiths is just as good as he was in the last game! Got Man City, Lyon and Schalke in the Champions League and I'm doing pretty well tbh.

Lyon 3-0 Rangers - Was 0-0 in 80 minutes and I made the mistake of not going defensive for the last 10.

Rangers 3-2 Man City - Played great this game, deserved the win.

Schalke 2-2 Rangers - I should have won tbh, 90 minute equaliser for them.

Rangers 3-2 Schalke - Same as the Man City game, pumped them. :D

Pretty confident about getting a result at home to Lyon and will try my best against City away, looking good for me getting into the last 16. :D

Rangers 1-0 Lyon - Grinded out the result I wanted to secure qualification.

Man City 3-1 Rangers - Was always going to happen, had a decent wee spell after I brought it back to 2-1 but didn't score.

Group finished

Man City

Rangers

Lyon

Schalke

Quite happy with that, dissapointed to miss out on 1st place when I had some great chances to do it but I'm just happy I'm through, bring on the last 16! :D

Tell me about it...

Usually I'd be fairly optimistic playing Liverpool but they won the premiership so they were definitely one to avoid this season :disappointment:

Wait & see u will prob qualify :uk: sumtimes wen u expect a pumping in a group like that u end up with sum unexpected results keep us posted how u get on mate (tu) I've been quite shite in the Champions League tbh my only downfall think i go to attack minded thinkin im still in the SPL :lol:

Just had an question on broadfoots bid for first team football, I replied with he'll get his chance with rotation.

This led to sky sports news doing a poll on whether he should be in first team.

Yes - 17% No - 74% Undecided - 9%

First time I've seen this!

ha ha tht is brillant :)

Decided to continue my Rangers/Brazil save from FM10. The year is 2034 and Brazil have made the World Cup. Our group contains Scotland, Australia and El Salvador. Beat Scotland and El Salvador 1-0 and Australia 2-0. Draw Albania in the 2nd round, couldn't have got a better team or so i thought.

ohdeark.png

:disappointment:

Was sacked after the game.

:lol: soz mate had too :lol: Fair play to u playin a game that long sumthin i need to try (tu)

got a brillant game with real betis right now

in the summer i signed carmelo 350k, federico santander 2m. kara 2.5m, moras(free) and gioda for 1m

sold isidorio and casto. released couple of guys.

3rd in league in january, board asked me if i wnted to change season expectations :) said top half and got 4.1m to spend

signed fontas 750k, matias schelotto 2m and matias jones 1.3m

loaned out mario, dorado and trying to sell carmelo

Wait & see u will prob qualify :uk: sumtimes wen u expect a pumping in a group like that u end up with sum unexpected results keep us posted how u get on mate (tu) I've been quite shite in the Champions League tbh my only downfall think i go to attack minded thinkin im still in the SPL :lol:

Not going good... been so so unlucky in the champions league.

Going well in the league with only one loss but lost 4/4 of my champions league games so far :anguish:

Lost 2-1 to liverpool with them scoring in the last few minutes, lost 1-0 to Juventus away with them down to 10 men, me missing a penalty AND them scoring in the 90th, and then pumped by Barca and Juve at home.

Safe to say I'm out of Europe :lol:

Been inspired to start a new game with a lower league side, although I'm not entirely sure who to go yet or what country! Any ideas?

Got incredibly bored of my Rangers game, found it far too easy.

I think the Bundesliga 2 with Cottbus or 1860 would be a good game.

I actually like the sound of 1860, try and out do Bayern.

Also have the benefits of the Allianz Arena.

Great shout mate. (tu)

I was reading about 1860 the other day, that's why it popped into my mind!

I used to play as them in 2003-2004 and always had a soft spot. Got some half decent players just now as well. Gabor Kiraly, Collin Benjamin, Daniel Bierofka, Sandro Kaiser and the Benjamin Lauth/Kevin Volland partnership has been pretty good this season apparently (in real life).

God bless Goal.com's app :praise:

I was reading about 1860 the other day, that's why it popped into my mind!

I used to play as them in 2003-2004 and always had a soft spot. Got some half decent players just now as well. Gabor Kiraly, Collin Benjamin, Daniel Bierofka, Sandro Kaiser and the Benjamin Lauth/Kevin Volland partnership has been pretty good this season apparently (in real life).

God bless Goal.com's app :praise:

I'll have to look them up, loading a new game as we speak. (tu)