*** The Official Football Manager 2012 Thread***

laudrupno1

Got past Everton,Stuttgart and Metalist in Europa League Knockout stages thru to semis and got Atletico Madrid if I manage to get past them its Genoa or Real Madrid in the final but wotever happens im delighted to get this far as im usually always shite in Europe :uk: will post sum screens up later :21:

Finished my first season about a week ago.

Sold McCulloch, Edu and Broadfoot for... can't even remember, a petty total sum anyway.

Brought in Imanol Agirretxe (Real Sociedad £800k), Jelle Vossen (Genk £875k), Steed Malbranque (free), Sean Davis (Bolton loan).

The most picked team for the season was roughly:

McGregor

McMillan

Goian

Bartley

Wallace

Ness/Bedoya (CM(s), BWM(d))

Davis (AP(s))

Fleck (W (a))

Naismith (AMR (inside forward))

Agirretxe (AF (a))

Jelavic (AF (a))

Whole team was brilliant all season.

We were given a group of Arsenal, Napoli & CSKA Moscow after a relatively easy qualifying path v Sebo's mob and Maribor. I was determind to attack in Europe and not upset our domestic styles rythem.

CSKA Moscow 4-0 Rangers

Rangers 3-1 Arsenal

Napoli 3-0 Rangers

Rangers 1-3 Napoli

Rangers 2-0 CSKA Moscow

Arsenal 2-2 Rangers

Napoli

Rangers

Arsenal

CSKA Moscow

We battled back from 2-0 down at ht away to Arsenal to draw and send us through on head to head results against Arsenal to the first KOR where we met Bayern Munich. We inevitably lost 5-2 on agg... but it wasn't as hard as it looked. We lost 3-2 at Ibrox which was a kick in the teeth as I felt we deserved more, but the class of Robben, Ribery, Muller and Gomez handed us a defeat. 2-0 defeat away from home was expected tbh.

We wrapped up the first trophy of the season as we beat Hearts 3-0 in the CIS. We then followed this on by winning the league by 16-22 points, cant remember what but it was somewhere in that bracket.

We then ended the season with the treble by beating Dundee United in the SCF.

All this culminated in the handing of £8m to spend next season and I will retain the domestic treble.

Joey Barton threatens to quit Football Manager after argument with himself

Joey Barton isn't impressed with the attitude of his in-game character in Football Manager 2012 - even threatening to quit the game because he was annoying himself so much.

Barton got a taste of his own medicine when he took control of QPR on the popular football management simulator but had to deal with an angry and brash footballer - himself.

The 29-year-old had to contend with his overly argumentative computer game counterpart, and it seems even he couldn't stand it.

After playing the game for a while, he tweeted: 'Just had my 1st argument with myself on FM 2012.

'Gonna have to quit, cos am doing my own head in.'

The controversial midfielder was also annoyed by the makers of the game, who he says got his measurements wrong.

He continued: 'FYI @footballmanager I am not born in Runcorn. I am not 5'9 (5'11) and I am not 11st (12st). If ur gonna do it properly...'

If all that wasn't enough, Barton then got into a Twitter fight with his perennial online antagonist, Piers Morgan.

After Morgan said of Barton's character on another well-known football game: '@Joey7Barton On my FIFA 12, your character dives, gets Gervinho sent off, then sticks his head where he shouldn't, gets sent off, and moans.'

However, Barton retorted: '@piersmorgan on mine......... oh sorry your not on mine! #fatkidatschoollastpickorgoalkeeper #fifa12'

Boys, boys...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/886657-joey-barton-threatens-to-quit-football-manager-2012-after-argument-with-himself#ixzz1ilxr3Rtg

Joey Barton threatens to quit Football Manager after argument with himself

Joey Barton isn't impressed with the attitude of his in-game character in Football Manager 2012 - even threatening to quit the game because he was annoying himself so much.

Barton got a taste of his own medicine when he took control of QPR on the popular football management simulator but had to deal with an angry and brash footballer - himself.

The 29-year-old had to contend with his overly argumentative computer game counterpart, and it seems even he couldn't stand it.

After playing the game for a while, he tweeted: 'Just had my 1st argument with myself on FM 2012.

'Gonna have to quit, cos am doing my own head in.'

The controversial midfielder was also annoyed by the makers of the game, who he says got his measurements wrong.

He continued: 'FYI @footballmanager I am not born in Runcorn. I am not 5'9 (5'11) and I am not 11st (12st). If ur gonna do it properly...'

If all that wasn't enough, Barton then got into a Twitter fight with his perennial online antagonist, Piers Morgan.

After Morgan said of Barton's character on another well-known football game: '@Joey7Barton On my FIFA 12, your character dives, gets Gervinho sent off, then sticks his head where he shouldn't, gets sent off, and moans.'

However, Barton retorted: '@piersmorgan on mine......... oh sorry your not on mine! #fatkidatschoollastpickorgoalkeeper #fifa12'

Boys, boys...

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/886657-joey-barton-threatens-to-quit-football-manager-2012-after-argument-with-himself#ixzz1ilxr3Rtg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm pish at this and need a hefty bank balance to win leagues. Anyone know of a good data or save game editor for FM 2012 as FMRTE is now charging for their editor which I have used in the past.

An easy way to get money = add a new user as a manager of a club with hefty transfer funds e.g. Man City being the obvious one.

Make an offer with that manager for a shitey player at your own club such as £75m (or whatever the budget is) for David Healy. Accept it. Sort the contract. Complete the deal. Boom. £75m up 00000042.gif

This is what I did during my younger days when all I wanted to do is win. Haven't cheated the game since about 09, much more rewarding when you feel as though you deserved the success. 00000042.gif

2nd place finish with Hibs in my 2nd season and a league cup win \0/

An easy way to get money = add a new user as a manager of a club with hefty transfer funds e.g. Man City being the obvious one.Make an offer with that manager for a shitey player at your own club such as £75m (or whatever the budget is) for David Healy. Accept it. Sort the contract. Complete the deal. Boom. £75m up

That won't work unless your % of transfers to transfer budget is at 100%

2nd place finish with Hibs in my 2nd season and a league cup win \0/

That won't work unless your % of transfers to transfer budget is at 100%

Yeah I know, was going to mention this.

We have a healthy bank balance first season though, £20m if I remember correctly so most money brought in would go into the kitty. I would imagine minimum would be 80%. If the money isn't deemed sufficient just add another one at someone like PSG, Malaga, or Real and do it again 00000042.gif

If someone can't win trophies in the game with original squads though at teams like Rangers, dare I say Celtic, Man United/City, Real, Barca, Inter, Lyon, PSG etc then I wouldn't be bothering playing the game. laugh.gif

Quite a scam though if they are charging for FMRTE.

Won the league and Scottish Cup double in my first season. Key players were Macheda, Davis, Goian, Scott Allan and Johnny Russell. Macheda, in particular, was fantastic. Scored 43 goals in all competitions for me. I tried to get him back for the 2nd season, as well as Bartley, but they both rejected me. So I signed Ashely Williams, Leigh Griffiths, David Templeton, Carlos Fierro. Currently 8 points ahead of Inverness after 7 games.

Fucked off with the Dumbarton save.

Started with the Rangers

Brought in Hildebrand, Collison and Hesselink :ph34r:

Sold Shagger and Broadfoot :BELM:

Beat Hearts 2-1 then drew with St Johnstone 2-2 :dry:

Into the Best Placed play off for the Champions Cup

Beat Plzen in the last round 3-2 Agg.

Started a new game with Crawley. Signed a few free transfers like Pablo Counago (7 goals in 5 starts :drool:) and Quinton Fortune :lol:

First game is again AFC Wimbledon in the League Cup, beat them 3-0 and got Brighton who I beat away from home 3-2 :D

Made a steady start in the league, 3 wins 1 draw, including a 7-2 first day win over Port Vale :lol:

Fucked off with the Dumbarton save.

Started with the Rangers

Brought in Hildebrand, Collison and Hesselink :ph34r:

Sold Shagger and Broadfoot :BELM:

Beat Hearts 2-1 then drew with St Johnstone 2-2 :dry:

Into the Best Placed play off for the Champions Cup

Beat Plzen in the last round 3-2 Agg.

Dont punch the laptop again ffs!! :uk:(tu)

Top of the league by 2 points but Celtic have a game in hand.

2nd in my Champions Cup group with Inter, Valencia and Wisla. 6 points from 12 do so far!

Goian and Danny Wilson are scoring for fun, Jelavic is a moany bastard and has been dropped and will be sold in January.

Jack Collison has been a great signing, playing CM with Fleck.

Got past Everton,Stuttgart and Metalist in Europa League Knockout stages thru to semis and got Atletico Madrid if I manage to get past them its Genoa or Real Madrid in the final but wotever happens im delighted to get this far as im usually always shite in Europe :uk: will post sum screens up later :21:

Here's sum screens finally was scunnered Atletico scored in 91st min to get an away goal and went thru to final where they beat Genoa who got past Real Madrid,I won the league but got beat 1-0 in both cups,just been offered the Catania job who finished 16th in Serie A so dont kno wether to go for that for a new challenge as have a decent squad will need to think about it :beer1:

haha2-1.jpg

metailstwin.jpg

SOCLOSE.jpg

champs2.jpg

wilson-1.jpg

gazzaaaaaaaaa.jpg

goodwille.jpg

cataniaoffer.jpg

Here's sum screens finally was scunnered Atletico scored in 91st min to get an away goal and went thru to final where they beat Genoa who got past Real Madrid,I won the league but got beat 1-0 in both cups,just been offered the Catania job who finished 16th in Serie A so dont kno wether to go for that for a new challenge as have a decent squad will need to think about it :beer1:

haha2-1.jpg

metailstwin.jpg

SOCLOSE.jpg

champs2.jpg

wilson-1.jpg

gazzaaaaaaaaa.jpg

goodwille.jpg

cataniaoffer.jpg

Where did you download the background?