Thomas buffel

gleem

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly I remember Gers fans at the time abusing Eck for playing him left mid as his apparent best position was just off the front man. Funnily enough though I noticed in the build up to the Chelsea game he was described in "The i" as a left winger = so maybe his current manager thinks he's best there too. Still no one knows better than your average RM mod. :pipe:

Played one game in six and was injured the rest ........

62 appearances for us in 3 seasons..... so for this to be a correct portrayal of his career here, we played 372 games in that 3 year period. Aye, ok....

Sure, spent some time on the sidelines but still averaged over 20 games a season.

Edit... unless you meant scored 1 in 6... which is factually correct (tu)

One of those players who will apparently only produce the goods if he is played in his best position and is anonymous if played "out of position". Unfortunately his best position requires you to build the entire team formation around him. Fine if you're Messi, less good if you are Thomas Buffel.

Even less good if you are John Fleck.

62 appearances for us in 3 seasons..... so for this to be a correct portrayal of his career here, we played 372 games in that 3 year period. Aye, ok....

Sure, spent some time on the sidelines but still averaged over 20 games a season.

Edit... unless you meant scored 1 in 6... which is factually correct (tu)

Very rarely played 90 mins , was always subbed or came n as a sub ....way over rated by some on here .

Very rarely played 90 mins , was always subbed or came n as a sub ....way over rated by some on here .

That's a totally different point to the one you tried in your previous post.

As for over rating.... happens with every player, some over rate, some under rate... it happens.

That's a totally different point to the one you tried in your previous post.

As for over rating.... happens with every player, some over rate, some under rate... it happens.

So 62 appearances out of 372 , and almost all of them as a sub is something to shout about ?

The guy was pish ........

I think Buffel could have been used effectively in the 07-08 season just before we sold him, especially in Europe. We were crying out for a guy who could provide a link between Darcheville and the midfield and I think he could have provided that link a lot better than a slowing down Barry Ferguson was asked to do.

However he was never consistant enough to have an entire team built around him for a gruelling SPL camapign.

Hindsight is 20-20, but we really should have sold him to Galatassary when they offered us about 4 million for him.