Interest in Aluko

DougieGers

I feel he stagnated at Aberdeen.

We can surround him with better players, give him more time on the ball and play more attacking football.

I'm hopeful on this one.

Sounds a bit like Lee Wallace in that respect.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel he stagnated at Aberdeen.

We can surround him with better players, give him more time on the ball and play more attacking football.

I'm hopeful on this one.

I agree with this, surround him with better players, and we should see the best of him. I think there is a decent player in him somewhere.

Not wanted at Aberdeen and so good that he could not get a contract at any level of football this season but good enough for us and good enough for posters here to be excited! How low have expectations fallen?

He rejected a new contract at Aberdeen.

Not wanted at Aberdeen and so good that he could not get a contract at any level of football this season but good enough for us and good enough for posters here to be excited! How low have expectations fallen?

That also could have been said of Hemdani, i suppose.

He seemed a reasonable popular and well thought of player amongst certain section of our support.

A player who at 22 looks to have a good bit of potential. With the right training he could well be a steal.

Rejected new deal at Aberdeen and spent time on trial with Juventus. If he had wanted to continue to play at Aberdeen's level then he would have found literally hundreds of clubs throwing contracts at him. I don't think he's particularly great, but he's certainly not terrible. This 'How low have expectations fallen?' malarky has become such a tired cliche on this forum. Players don't require a glittering CV to be of a good quality. Especially not at 22.

You'd have thought signings like Bobby Russell, Stuart Munro, Nacho Novo, Marvin Andrews and Derek McInnes would have put that to bed.

Still, we have to moan about something.

I actually hope we sign him.

No point in listening to the RM signing experts, according to them the likes of Goian, Weir, Weiss, Foster etc were going to be shite.

Once fiction like 'Aberdeen didn't want him' comes into it then you can't take it seriously.

I actually hope we sign him.

No point in listening to the RM signing experts, according to them the likes of Goian, Weir, Weiss, Foster etc were going to be shite.

Once fiction like 'Aberdeen didn't want him' comes into it then you can't take it seriously.

Most sensible post on here.