Interest in Aluko

DougieGers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest from the STV website

Rangers have been advised they may be able to land Sone Aluko on a free transfer, despite Aberdeen insisting they would be entitled to training compensation.

The Nigerian international is without a club, having left the Dons in the summer, and has started a week-long trial with Ally McCoist's side.

Aluko spent three seasons at Pittodrie, one of which was spent on loan from Birmingham City, and Aberdeen believe they are entitled to training costs for that spell under SPL rule D11.

STV understands however the player's representatives are taking legal advice over the assertion that Aberdeen contributed to his development, given that he was signed as a first team player.

It is understood Rangers would take their own legal advice over the matter if they decided to offer a deal to the 22-year-old, before deciding whether to pursue a claim that no money was due.

As Aluko turns 23 in February, and Aberdeen offered him a new contract before his deal expired in June, his former club believe they would be entitled to compensation and it would come down to the two clubs to settle.

If Aberdeen and Rangers were unable to agree upon an amount, either club has the right to refer the matter to an SPL compensation tribunal.

A tribunal is comprised of a legally qualified chairman independent of the two sides, a member of the SPL board and a representative of the player.

FIFA regulations on training compensation do not apply as they only come into force if a player moves to a club in another association.

Had Aluko been transferring to a club outwith of Scotland, Aberdeen, as a category two club, would have been entitled to pursue £180,000 in training costs.

Under FIFA's solidarity mechanism, five per cent of those costs would then have been payable to the player's former clubs, Birmingham City and Blackpool, calculated across the period of time he spent with both.

http://sport.stv.tv/...s-rangers-deal/

Seen this on an aberdeen forum, had to post this :lol:

madjockmcferson, on 13 November 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

Oh yeah...didn't see that other thread.

PS : I'd take any Rangers first team player. They are all, mostly, better than ours.

tup, Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

Velicka?

If they're not good enough for Rangers, they're not good enough for Aberdeen, we are their equals, let's stop talking as if we're miles behind, they got on their pedestal by cheating remember. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS : I'd take any Rangers first team player. They are all, mostly, better than ours.

Velicka?

If they're not good enough for Rangers, they're not good enough for Aberdeen, we are their equals, let's stop talking as if we're miles behind, they got on their pedestal by cheating remember. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Delusional sheep shagging bastard.

Velicka?

Jesus Jonny :lol: :lol:

You wonder how these people actually function in the real world.

I hope this is sarcasm after some moron poster said we got were we are today through cheating, it'd still be just as bad.

He signed a pre-contract did he not? Aluko has been without a club for months. I'm not sure how it works either, but I don't think could ever justify a fee of £200k for a player they haven't had on their books since last season.

there is a system in place. even when you sign a 17 year old you pay out to the club that developed him.

he's caused us problems and people should realise he will do better with better players and coaches around him.

will he be a star probably not but he's worth a look.

I don't remember him causing us any real problems.

In fact, Medhi Taouil caused us more problems for a similar style player, and he's pish.

On what basis would he be a star?

I read an interview with Kenny Mcd today and he said that Rangers have been monitoring him for the last couple of years and they feel he was better in his second season. So maybe its not just a jump in and see deal but they have actively kept an eye on him?

In fact, Medhi Taouil caused us more problems for a similar style player, and he's pish.

What kind of basis is that to judge a player? Do you not think that these players (Taouil and Aluko) would relish playing with better players around them as opposed to being a tricky player in a team that is struggling? Sometimes you need to think out of the box when it comes to players. Most people would have wanted the Hungarian CB at the start of the season as opposed to Bocanegra or Goian based on his transfer fee alone

I didn't say he would be. kenny mcdowal remembers him causing us problems BTW.

as for medi isn't he a lot older.

What kind of basis is that to judge a player? Do you not think that these players (Taouil and Aluko) would relish playing with better players around them as opposed to being a tricky player in a team that is struggling? Sometimes you need to think out of the box when it comes to players. Most people would have wanted the Hungarian CB at the start of the season as opposed to Bocanegra or Goian based on his transfer fee alone

I can only base my judgement on a player on what I see of them, and thats pretty much in games against us, and the odd 5 mins on Sportscene.

Some players you see you think would thrive in a better team cause they stand out so much, other not so much.

And from what I've seen of Aluko (and Taouil), they aren't very good. Few flicks and tricks, buit nothing at the end of it.

Was always standout for Aberdeen imo. That might not be saying much, but I think we could do a lot worse. Could do a lot better... But considering our financial situation and all, I think he'd be quite a clever signing with Naismith's injury. If we sign him on a fair wage I definitely won't be complaining.