Interest in Aluko

DougieGers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is one that has stood out for me at aberdeen type of player we need and for nothin. Definetly a yes from me cannot believe he is still only 22 and has played for England all the way through to the u-19's and has been capped for Nigeria.Skill wise the guy has it all [don't know the reason no-one is taking a chance on him must have underlying problems somewhere?]

do you know how many trials you have to go through to even get near the best in england obviously not the guy has got to the top of the tree in EVERY level u-15,u16,117,u18,u19 enough said if he is not good enough for rangers then......tried ny best sone....i'll get my coat.

I actually think this could be a masterstroke

I agree.

Far from the finished article but at 22, a Nigerian international with experience of the Scottish game and undoubted potential, I think this could be a decent signing.

He showed what he could do in that match against Bayern Munich for Aberdeen. Has to show some level of consistency though.

I agree.

Far from the finished article but at 22, a Nigerian international with experience of the Scottish game and undoubted potential, I think this could be a decent signing.

He showed what he could do in that match against Bayern Munich for Aberdeen. Has to show some level of consistency though.

(tu) this. I didn't realise how young he was until we started looking at him. How many of our current squad run at defences?

I agree.

Christ, a bit of sense eventually.

People comparing him to Kerkar MUST be having a laugh, surely?

He stood out at the sheep in a couple of games but that's it, has no consistency and wouldn't make our matchday squad imo. But he's still young, has played at every international youth level for England and has even played for Nigeria. Dunno what to think, would rather we went for Templeton but if it's the cheap option, Whyte will take it :(

Loan from where? Is he not a free agent?

Thought that too.

ALLY McCOIST will this week ask Sone Aluko to prove he’s Rangers class during a Murray Park trial.

Former Aberdeen winger Aluko has set his sights on sealing a move to Rangers after clubs as diverse as Juventus and Sheffield United backed away from deals.

But first the 22-year-old will need to convince gaffer McCoist that he’s sharp enough and has the quality to stand-in for crocked Stevie Naismith before being offered a contract until the end of the season.

The Nigerian international winger has been without a club since snubbing a new deal at Pittodrie in the summer.

A speculative trial in Italy came to nothing and Blades boss Danny Wilson also rejected the chance to sign the player, who had come recommended by Craig Brown.

<cr>