Kris Boyd

pipedown27ready

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally get that. However I've grown up in an era where scottish football gets worse every season. Where we no longer attract the best players in the world.

You will have seen us regularly tare teams apart. I'm lucky if I see that 3 times a season. Suppose that's why the boyd thing doesn't bother me that much. He could be lazy as fuck, but if he came back and scored 30 goals a season I wouldn't care tbh.

That was my bloody point.

Standards of Rangers player in general have fallen in the recent era because of finances and general Scottish football decline.

Boyd scored two equalising goals and the winning penalty in a league cup final.

He also scored 5 goals in one game.

:sherlock:

But yeah, shit player.

You want your strikers to score goals, Boyd did. At this moment we aren't scoring goals.

If Boyd was Dutch and had been called Van Boydy he would of been a legend among most of the support!

So, over the last 50 years, you can only find Cousin and Darcheville that might be worse than him...and even then Cousin is mentioned only because of his attitude (oh, the sweet irony of that one).

Of the Rangers strikers who may not have lazy Boyd's total of goals, I'd have Stein, Parlane, Johnston, Wallace, Fleck, Prso and the likes every time, before I'd have him.

And we aren't even into the legends like Forrest, Johnstone, McCoist and Hateley yet.

Apologies for the other strikers I've forgotten to mention off the top of my head, who wouldn't see Boyd in their road.

Flo - remember him? Cost more that 20x what Boyd cost and frankly I'd have Boyd in before him (and I'm not even a Boyd fan).

That said, I wouldn't bring Boyd back.

Piece of advice - if you stop thinking you're the only one with valid opinions ppl won't think you are such an arsehole.

Flo - remember him? Cost more that 20x what Boyd cost and frankly I'd have Boyd in before him (and I'm not even a Boyd fan).

That said, I wouldn't bring Boyd back.

Piece of advice - if you stop thinking you're the only one with valid opinions ppl won't think you are such an arsehole.

Flo was twice the player Boyd was.

Boyd haters are the worst cunts alive.

He was a striker i'm sure he wasn't signed on the basis of running around and chasing balls like a labrador/kenny misser.

I'm pretty sure he was signed to score as many goals as he could and you know what, he was alright at that wasn't he.

Boyd would be another passenger. Midfield is the issue. Steven Davis? The midfield is so bad that even Big Jela can't get a goal (zero service). What exactly would Boyd bring?

Boyd would have poked home Alukos shot come cross yesterday that hit the post and three rangers players failed to put it in the net. For the rest of the game he would have done fuck all except get caught offside a few times. And once we'd taken that lead i doubt we'd have conceded.

Boyd would have poked home Alukos shot come cross yesterday that hit the post and three rangers players failed to put it in the net. For the rest of the game he would have done fuck all except get caught offside a few times. And once we'd taken that lead i doubt we'd have conceded.

completly agree with this

i know maybe would have been in a different positon but also if boyd had bedoya's chance surely a goal

I loved Boyd when he was here, however I like 99.9% of the support were disgusted by his money grabbing actions and his conduct when leaving. He wouldn't make a difference at the moment. The midfield aren't supplying a guy who can make something out of nothing with service. If Boyd got the service our strikers are getting at the moment every appearance would be similar to the 1-1 draw at Parkhead 2 years ago, non existent.