MON the new sunderland manager

gunslinger

he left villa as no despite spending fortunes they were going backwards.

Hardly,

He took the from 16 to 11th in his first season then finished 6th for 3 years running.

Aston Villa fans got greedy and pushed him out, since he left they have fell to 9th and 8th.

I hate the man but to say they went backwards is nonsense

As much as I despise him, I do like Sunderland and think it's a fantastic appointment. I think Sunderland already have a great squad that could push for the top 10 with a decent striker. The only other thing they needed was a good manager... and no matter what anyone says, O'Neill is definitely that.

Mignolet

O'Shea Brown Turner Bardsley

Larsson Sessegnon Vaughan Gardner Richardson

Bendtner

That's a good starting eleven, the problem IMO is the lack of squad depth. Apart from those eleven you only have a consistently injured Gordon; Cattermole, Campbell and Bramble are not good enough. Elmohamady is good but the rest is made up of youth and potential. Whilst some of the starting eleven are prone to injuries.

Manager certainly needs to add more depth in January and the summer.

Agree that their squad depth is poor but I don't think starting 11 is that good at all TBH.

Mignolet

O'Shea Brown Turner Bardsley

Larsson Sessegnon Vaughan Gardner Richardson

Bendtner

That's a good starting eleven, the problem IMO is the lack of squad depth. Apart from those eleven you only have a consistently injured Gordon; Cattermole, Campbell and Bramble are not good enough. Elmohamady is good but the rest is made up of youth and potential. Whilst some of the starting eleven are prone to injuries.

Manager certainly needs to add more depth in January and the summer.

Certainly mate. They definitely need a striker fast inparticular. As I say, I feel their XI is good enough for the top 10, but they do need players to add to it. O'Neill is a great manager, but the only prblem is that he does need the money, and can Sunderland give him it... I don't know.