SFA to review Sone Aluko penalty award in Rangers win

LeeWallaceRFC

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Hardie grab Aluko's arm?I would say to hinder and slow the player down.Grabbing and holding players is not the correct way to tackle and win the ball hence a foul.The referee may or may not have gave a penalty if Aluko stayed up.Sone is letting the referee know he is being impeded.The penalty is of the soft variety but a soft foul is still a foul.If this happened in midfield for a freekick instead of a penalty this would not likely flag up.Hardie should not try to gain advantage by tackling illegally especially in his own box.I do not think we would be happy conceding a penalty like this and would likely say that the player went down easy.If Aluko is cheating he is doing so to Hardie who cheated 1st.

Surely it's the referee that should be penalised? He was the one who made the decision?

Thats what I don't understand either. No matter how you look at it, lets say when a player goes down deliberately to get someone sent off and the ref falls for it. Then in the aftermath its refered to a 'review panel' and the player is banned for umpteem games and the referee, the one who actually made the mistake, gets off scot free? How can that be right.

And surely as well it has to be based on the referee's report because the referee's word is final thats what FIFA keep telling us about why they wont use proper technology, or is the ref, who didnt bat an eyelid before pointing at the spot, now going to pretend he got it wrong? Whole thing is a pile of utter shite.

unreal how is it whenever a rangers player hits a bit of form he gets a unfair ban naismith wylde now aluko

thank fuck walker and crocker were not commentating as they would no doubt have exagerated this even more

Well Billy Dodds didn't do Aluko any favours on Sportscene when he accused him of diving and stated that he didn't think the SFA will let him off! So much for once a Ger always a Ger!!

I can't stand diving. It's my one pet hate and something that a few of our players have been embarrassingly guilty of in the last couple of years. The Aluko incident is ridiculous IMO. I hope he does get a short ban to show that you can't do this shite. It's a fucking man's game Sone - get on with it instead of throwing yourself to the ground.

So if the ref decides he has dived he gets booked yet if the opposition manager gurns about it after the sfa will review it and could ban him for 2 games. Ridiculous. Are they going to ban sammy the tranny for going down like he was shot when he got " assaulted by fingernail" nah I didn't think so. Nothing was even said about his reaction. Joke of a league. Any wonder no one takes Scottish football seriously

I can't stand diving. It's my one pet hate and something that a few of our players have been embarrassingly guilty of in the last couple of years. The Aluko incident is ridiculous IMO. I hope he does get a short ban to show that you can't do this shite. It's a fucking man's game Sone - get on with it instead of throwing yourself to the ground.

Jog on Timothy

You hope he gets a ban for something that's a bookable offence?