Carlos Bocanegra

papaguy51

Was in BF1 yesterday and kept an eye on him as I don't actually think he gets the praise he deserves. He's often overshadowed by Goian in the acclaim stakes simply due to his understated style, but honestly, what a defender the guy is.

Rarely has to make a tackle because - pardon the pun - he knows what's happening about five minutes before everyone else. I know I've given Ally's signings some stick but this guy is that good that it overshadows most of the negativity with anything else.

Captain America :crywank:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in BF1 yesterday and kept an eye on him as I don't actually think he gets the praise he deserves. He's often overshadowed by Goian in the acclaim stakes simply due to his understated style, but honestly, what a defender the guy is.

Rarely has to make a tackle because - pardon the pun - he knows what's happening about five minutes before everyone else. I know I've given Ally's signings some stick but this guy is that good that it overshadows most of the negativity with anything else.

Captain America :crywank:

he's fantastic.

playing as well as any ch we have ever had. better than goian as well.

Immediately showed his commitment to the club when he travelled all the way to play Maribor. Has gone from strength to strength since.

I like the contrast between him and Goian, Boca is very much the no-nonsense defender. Goian likes to pass it out a bit more. Also seems to be a calming influence on Goian.

He does seem to be the natural choice for Captain should Davis need replaced (different argument). Great talker and motivator. Little things that you notice such as yesterday when Goian cleared a free kick and ended up on his arse behind the goal, Boca went up gave him a pat on the back and helped him up. Doesn't seem like a lot but it's something you would appreciate as a team mate.

A great signing.

Immediately showed his commitment to the club when he travelled all the way to play Maribor. Has gone from strength to strength since.

I like the contrast between him and Goian, Boca is very much the no-nonsense defender. Goian likes to pass it out a bit more. Also seems to be a calming influence on Goian.

He does seem to be the natural choice for Captain should Davis need replaced (different argument). Great talker and motivator. Little things that you notice such as yesterday when Goian cleared a free kick and ended up on his arse behind the goal, Boca went up gave him a pat on the back and helped him up. Doesn't seem like a lot but it's something you would appreciate as a team mate.

A great signing.

Surely when Davie officialy ends his time with us, a new official club captain will need to be chosen? As opposed to Davis standing in on the pitch at present.

Carlos would get my vote (tu)

My Dad likened his playing style to Frank De Boer... OTT?

Not OTT when you consider the quote from Papa that he "Rarely has to make a tackle because - pardon the pun - he knows what's happening about five minutes before everyone else"; which was exactly the way FDB used to play. Of course, he isn't as good as De Boer, but on that basis his style is similar.

Surely when Davie officialy ends his time with us, a new official club captain will need to be chosen? As opposed to Davis standing in on the pitch at present.

Carlos would get my vote (tu)

You would think that. He looks a lot more charismatic on and off the pitch than Davis anyway.

An extremely shrewd signing.

Aside from his defensive abilities, it's nice to have a goal threat from corners. Like Naismith he seems to grow about 3 feet taller when he jumps.

Weird how Naismith is one of our most confident players in the air while being one of the smallest too. Only if Lafferty was good in the air :(