Is Jelavic going a good thing?

McCoist72

I think it is as with him gone we won't feel the need to just launch it up to him. This doesn't work as his first touch isn't great and his link up play is poor.

With him out of the team yesterday our link up play in attack was superb and we created a lot of really good chances and were able to get the ball down and play it.

Super Ally!!!

Absolutely

For all his class he's not what we need right now. I know that sounds strange as he's our top scorer, but 10m could be invested in areas that have been neglected due to finances.

As stated he does't look interested, his first touch has been poor this season and is constantly going down as if he's been hit by a 66 bus.

If only we had Jelavic in Dick Advocaats days he'd have been great.

Bad thing: for a club to sell its best striker and top goalscorer, whilst challenging for the Title, shows a real lack of ambition. Sell others, replace them with better, and play a style of football like we did yesterday, with Jelavic in the team, and we will win this League. Sell Jelavic, and we sell the Title.

Not at all.

Beside Naismith he is our most important player.

The criticism he's received lately has been OTT, our top scorer and been nowhere near as bad as what people suggest. The gap between him and the the midfield has been too big, no wonder he gets annoyed and looks disinterested. Constant long balls, which in-fact Jelavic wins often only to see none of the midfielders or Lafferty make a run in behind. I'd be unhappy with those events taking place for 90 minutes per week!

Movement is brilliant, but we don't pick him out enough with clever passing, if we don't bring in suitable replacements and I don't mean Boyd, Novo, Sandaza, O'Connor etc we're going to struggle. Will be a big success in England, have no doubts about it.

(tu)

No player is bigger than the club, if he doesn't want to be here, fair play. A player's career is about progression in all honesty and they should just try to get to where they want to be.

Sure, it'll be a hit for us, and unless we get a fair amount of money to rejuvenate the team, we'll have lost our top scorer and highest rated player.

However, only time will tell, Ally has done well with his signings so far, if he gets funds, we can trust that we will have an apt replacement.

I don't think selling Jelavic means selling the title, with him in the team all we do is punt it up to him for him to flick on even though he's the last man.

Without him, we got the ball down and played football and managed to do something which we haven't done in recent games which is create plenty of chances.

We showed yesterday that we can keep the ball on the ground, play good football and create chances.

4-2-3-1 is the future for us!

post-59841-0-28759300-1325612023_thumb.j

it would be good if the manager was given the money but whyte has already said he won't get all of it and i suspect he will get a tiny fraction of it.

So the manager has to uncover some gems for cheap money but even then Whyte has shown he isn't even capable of signing someone as cheap as Kenny Miller so god knows what we will end up with.

Brian Laudrups last season was a complete waste of time when he was not 100% commited to being at Rangers, if Jelavic's head is elsewhere he is no good to us regardless of how good a player he was when he was on song, he is miles away from that striker at the minute, thanks for some absolute quality finishes but bye bye.

IMO his head is elsewhere, now couple that with the fact we need some freshness injected into the team then I'd say yes, it may well be a gd thing.

With some money McCoist should hopefully pick up a couple of players, templeton on a fee and a free striker or 2 maybe.

Yesterday aside we have been very stale recently

Bad thing: for a club to sell its best striker and top goalscorer, whilst challenging for the Title, shows a real lack of ambition. Sell others, replace them with better, and play a style of football like we did yesterday, with Jelavic in the team, and we will win this League. Sell Jelavic, and we sell the Title.

Im not sure if we sell him we sell the title but I cant agree with any part the other posters saying that selling your top striker can be a good thing to me that is ludicrious. Its not Jelavic's fault if players are doing the long punt or the manager asking the players to do it and prior to yesterday we all seen ally shout to Davis to punt it. We got away with it when miller went and to be honest I was raging about the 400k fee at the time when we were paying that imposter bain double that and now look at bains position now against our club. If he leaves it wil be a massive loss and although I respect other opinions on here, but you would have to be nuts to really believe that considering the goals he has put away so far. I know each transfer window brings out a lot of speculation and even more so when he didnt start yesterday and the constant media bs but it is a natural response to put the boot into someone if you think their hurting you and by that I mean leaving.