Scott Allan

rfc1990

Scott Allan has told talkSPORT he's delighted to have sealed his switch to West Brom after snubbing interest from Celtic and Rangers.

talkSPORT revealed in November that the Baggies were leading the chase for the 20-year-old, who had also been eyed by Manchester United earlier in the season.

Celtic and Rangers were hoping to convince Allan to stay north of the border but the Scotland Under-21 star has now completed a £300,000 move to the Hawthorns after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms on Monday.

"I'm really looking forward to it," Allan told talkSPORT. "It is a massive step up in class.

"I've turned down the chance to play for Celtic and Rangers to play in the best league in the world. It's the best platform to showcase what I can do."

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they'll be worried he signs for someone else though, give united and him whatever they want and get him signed, its peanuts to west brom

Cant see it myself Jim. They might be loaded and daft, but not that loaded and daft.

Exactly.Can't see any add on clauses in this deal, because DU wouldn't be owed much anywhere. Nowhere has even reported such stipulations, it will be a straight up fee that won't be higher than 500K.

Spot on. (tu)

Scott Allan has told talkSPORT he's delighted to have sealed his switch to West Brom after snubbing interest from Celtic and Rangers.talkSPORT revealed in November that the Baggies were leading the chase for the 20-year-old, who had also been eyed by Manchester United earlier in the season.Celtic and Rangers were hoping to convince Allan to stay north of the border but the Scotland Under-21 star has now completed a £300,000 move to the Hawthorns after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms on Monday."I'm really looking forward to it," Allan told talkSPORT. "It is a massive step up in class."I've turned down the chance to play for Celtic and Rangers to play in the best league in the world. It's the best platform to showcase what I can do."

Believes his own hype. Best of luck to him, well done WBA, they obviously know what they are doing being able to talk him out of going to his boyhood heros and the chance to win trophies. Oh well.

Was never a go-er anyway, we dont have a penny, too much deadwood bleeding the club dry.

makes the blood boil when a player who claims to supports us snubs us for money down south but hey money talks bullshit walks

Oh come on. You can't blame the lad for moving to one of the top leagues in the world. The opportunity might never come to him again. We shouldn't be bitter. Good luck to the boy

Dundee really do know how to bring talent up eh? Turn everyone into money grabbing players who believe they are better than they are.

All the best Scott, I shall enjoy watching you playing for West Brom reserves and then finally playing Championship football. :lol:

Rangers fan my arse !! If I was offered a contract or West Brom.........hymmmmm Rangers even for 3 grand less a week.....

WE ARE RANGERS I cannae wait till Whyte sorts us out, and we go back to being Fkn greater than Great !!! get it up ye Allan

Oh come on. You can't blame the lad for moving to one of the top leagues in the world. The opportunity might never come to him again. We shouldn't be bitter. Good luck to the boy

theres a difference between moving to the best league in the world, and being stuck sitting on your arse for the next 4 years playing pishy reserve football in god awful grounds

theres a difference between moving to the best league in the world, and being stuck sitting on your arse for the next 4 years playing pishy reserve football in god awful grounds

As opposed to playing great sides up here in beautiful stadiums? Sorry, I just cannot blame the boy. I agree that it's probably gonna take the guys some time to break through to the first team, if at all but are we really convinced he'd be playing every week up here? Fuck it, if you all get your wish and he fails miserably, he'll probably end up back up here with us. Win win

where do people get that we ''wanted'' him from??????

Ness and Hutton are better, just cause McCoist did a PR exercise (IMO) with this no mark .......people are going nuts, was another Loovens,Samaras move IMO.... to get celtic to move for him

Who is he????? cant get a game week in week out with UTD yet hes the best thing since sliced bread?

get a grip :wanker:

where do people get that we ''wanted'' him from??????

Ness and Hutton are better, just cause McCoist did a PR exercise (IMO) with this no mark .......people are going nuts, was another Loovens,Samaras move IMO.... to get celtic to move for him

Who is he????? cant get a game week in week out with UTD yet hes the best thing since sliced bread?

get a grip :wanker:

We wanted him. Think we just realised we couldn't compete with WBA. He's a cracking prospect, seem him for the Scotland u21 side a few times. Head and shoulders above everyone. I honestly believe he's a great talent

And united weren't playing him because Houston is a bawbag who took offence at him not signing a new deal, not cos he couldn't get a game.