Scott Allan

rfc1990

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know thats your opinion but we are talking about the same Scott Allan who doesnt get a game for Dundee united's struggling side, yet when Ness is fit plays for us?

Ness is very close to being as good as a young Barry Ferguson when he was breaking through. If he gets his injuries sorted i am sure Jamie Ness will have a wonderful career

scott allan can get a game with dundee utd? They wont play him becase of his situation, he'd have been used alot more if it wasnt for him tellin them to ram there contract.

Jamie Ness has played 13 first team matches, i wouldnt dream of comparing him to barry ferguson, but i think too many on here rate ness rediculously highly. If jamie ness is a first pick for us in midfield, then young mcabe will sure fancy his chances of breakin into that team. The thing abiut being central midfielder is, you cant be made of chocolate

Anyone know what the actual situation about this one?

i could be wrong mate, but i dont think much has changed here. The boys still goin down to talk to WBA. Keith jackson says we wont get involved in a bidding war, which unless he means wages, is absolute bullshit. John violla says anythin could happen in the next few hours. The fact viollas his agent should help out cause you'd think. Maybe.

i could be wrong mate, but i dont think much has changed here. The boys still goin down to talk to WBA. Keith jackson says we wont get involved in a bidding war, which unless he means wages, is absolute bullshit. John violla says anythin could happen in the next few hours. The fact viollas his agent should help out cause you'd think. Maybe.

Voila is an out and out tim, would never help Rangers unless he gets a good wedge. Could never understand likes of Moore and Ferguson dealing wiht him

i wouldnt sign, not that i dont think hes a decent prospect but because we need players that are ready now. the boy is nowhere near being a first team reg for us,

the 400k +wages could be spent better imo.

if we were to sign any1 from dun utd id much rather take a punt on the boy mckay-stevens.

Hodgson 'very hopeful' of signing Allan

Posted on: Fri 06 Jan 2012

ROY Hodgson is 'very hopeful' Albion will sign Dundee United midfielder Scott Allan, who is today at the Baggies training ground having a medical.

A fee for the 20-year-old ace was agreed between the two clubs at the end of last month.

And the Baggies boss was impressed by what he had to say when he met the player this morning.

"I had a long chat with him and his father," said Hodgson.

"It was very good and very interesting.

Article continues

Advertisement

"It would turn out to be a very interesting signing if he passes the medical, which I'm sure he will.

"If then the negotiations go well and he decides we're the club for him, we're really looking forward to welcoming him here with open arms.

"I think it's great to have attracted such an interesting young talent from just north of the border.

"I believe he's got other options but I'm hoping the conversations he's had with Dan Ashworth, me and other representatives of the club have gone so far that I'm sure he's not just down here to waste his time.

"So, I'm very, very hopeful, come next week, I'll be told I can welcome him into the training sessions."

-----------------------------

having a medical - i'd love to think he will consider other options but I don't think he will. Still, good luck to the lad, hope he doesn't do a Danny Wilson and just sit on his arse for seasons on end

i can feel a similar type thread like the goodwillie one :lol: at work and everyone was glued to the thread :lol:

I genuinely think that folk thought the closer we got to each 100 pages the more chance there was he'd sign, simply because of the Jelavic transfer thread the previous summer :lol:

I genuinely think that folk thought the closer we got to each 100 pages the more chance there was he'd sign, simply because of the Jelavic transfer thread the previous summer :lol:

I'm just going to wait and see what happens. No point in getting built up only to be let down as happened so often during last summer's transfer window. I don't expect there will be any marque signings in any case.

I know thats your opinion but we are talking about the same Scott Allan who doesnt get a game for Dundee united's struggling side, yet when Ness is fit plays for us?

Ness is very close to being as good as a young Barry Ferguson when he was breaking through. If he gets his injuries sorted i am sure Jamie Ness will have a wonderful career

Thats Houstons doing mate, he refuses to play the lad because he wont sign a new deal yet still plays Kenneth who also says he wont sign a new deal. Says more about Houston tbh imo. (tu)

Is Jamie first choice though? Anytime i have saw him get a start it wasnt because Ally had dropped on of his favourites, it was because of injury and/or suspension. The cup game v The Mhob last year in which he scored, Big Lee was injured, Jamie, Davo and Edu all played in the middle. The 2-0 game at the Piggery, he was picked because Edu had a knee knock and missed the match. This year he has played 2 matches, Inverness game, McCulloch again was out, suspended this time i am sure and the 1-0 win over Hibs, Bedoya was preferred to Jamie who came on for Alejandro after 46 mins, McCulloch injured/suspended again.

I agree about how much you rate him, i also think he has enormous potential and for me, when fit, he would be Davis' partner in the middle but the lad has serious problems right with injuries and it is such a shame. I really hope for his sake he can get over them. Its a real waste and there is nothing the poor lad can do about it, these things happen.

(tu)

The brave new dawn under Whyte's turning into a nightmare and losing out on this boy looks like the beginning of what's going to be a miserable January in the transfer window for us.

There's no doubt in my my mind whatsoever that McCoist wanted him - yet once again he's left looking like the boy that Santa forgot - let down by his Chairman once more.

Sure, we all know there is no magic wand, but how many of us actually believed the day would come when the mighty Glasgow Rangers couldn't sign a player for £400.000?

How much further can we actually sink under Craigie Liar?

The glory hunters and panic merchants will be raging when wee Scott signs for West Brom. Everyone with a brain would accept had Ally not wasted so much money in the summer and not got us papped out of Europe at the qualifying stage, Allan would be a Rangers player this month. The idiots wanting us to expand this already expensive squad are absolutely clueless, still living in the days of Murray and his borrowing. Reality check needed for some.