Javi Guerra

kplfishtank

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that he knows about the interest suggests to me that it isn't just made up by the one over here.

If this is true I'd be excited about it, looks a very good striker. Would love it if we could manage to sell McCulloch, Broadfoot, Ortiz etc to raise the funds and play him and Jelavic up front :drool:

I would be much happier spending 2 million on this guy rather than brining in sandazza atm. Lets face it the spanish 2nd division is probably on a par with out league. The only issue i can see with this guys is can he cope with the physical side to our game. Im not sure!

The spanish type of play in there league is a far cry from the spl. I dont think he would hit the ground running in my opinion but hey i could be wrong!!

ALLY McCOIST admits he would be interested in signing Spanish striker Javi Guerra if the chance to bring him to Rangers arose.

The Ibrox manager was credited with an interest in the 29-year-old in newspaper report this morning after he scored 34 goals in just 55 appearances for Real Valladolid.

Now rated at £2million, Guerra has previously turned out for Cadiz, Real Mallorca and Valencia.

He also hit a hat-trick at the weekend in a 4-1 win over Sabadell, a result which keeps them in the hunt for the Segunda Division title.

McCoist, conscious the player is currently under contract at another club, was reluctant to say too much about Guerra.

But he has watched him play and told Blues News he would be keen on the forward if he were to become available.

McCoist said: "I don't like discussing other team's players but he's very good. We've been watching a lot of games

"Valladolid are going well in the second tier in Spanish football just now and he has been battering in all sorts of goals.

"He is someone else's player and it wouldn't be fair of me to say much more than that but he is a top player.

Asked if he would be interested in signing the player if the chance to sign him came up, McCoist added: "Quite possibly. He is a very good player and if the opportunity arose, yes."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120110/boss-keen-on-guerra_2254024_2572686

could this be buttering up the fans again.

just like in the summer we had 3 and 4mill bid in for this and that and ending up buying players at 500k. sorry to be pessamistic but i think this is just to try and kid us fans on that we are trying to buy a decent standard of player and we can afford too.

the reality is our market atm is 500k or below, thats just the way it is gonna be until the tax issue is dealt with 1 way or another.

i dont expect us to spend anywhere near that on a player even if jelavic goes.

hope im wrong

just like in the summer we had 3 and 4mill bid in for this and that and ending up buying players at 500k. sorry to be pessamistic but i think this is just to try and kid us fans on that we are trying to buy a decent standard of player and we can afford too.

the reality is our market atm is 500k or below, thats just the way it is gonna be until the tax issue is dealt with 1 way or another.

hope im wrong

The cynic in me agrees with you

hope im wrong

I kind of get this feeling also!