Luigi Bruins

PRW.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, he is a right sided winger/ attacking midfielder as far as I know.

If he plays on the right or is a central attacking midfield playmaker will Ally be willing to drop Aluko (who will just jump ship) or Davis (our captain)? What's the point of having Bedoya, Ortiz and McKay at this club if they're not goin to play?

P.S, I forgot to mention Kerkar above who is also a left-winger. We have about 5 left-wingers at the club.

If he plays on the right or is a central attacking midfield playmaker will Ally be willing to drop Aluko (who will just jump ship) or Davis (our captain)? What's the point of having Bedoya, Ortiz and McKay at this club if they're not goin to play?

P.S, I forgot to mention Kerkar above who is also a left-winger. We have about 5 left-wingers at the club.

Wylde, McKay, Kerkar, Celik, Wallace. Arguably Aluko and Naismith.

Hopefully he impresses, I'd like a player with a bit of swag about him and isnt afraid of taking a few shots. I hope wages don't get in the way of this because it seems like a good signing to be made.

A front 4 of Aluko, Bruins, Celik and Jela sounds to good to be true!

Bruins was amazing when I used to play the old championship manager, I always had him in my team. I remember selling him to barca for 25 million or something.

In all seriousness, he is a good player, but he hasn't quite reached his early potential. We are painfully short of quality and depth in central midfield so I hope he does well, I think he could do a job for us! This is the kind of free transfer we should be looking at. If it doesn't work out you just release them in the summer.

Well worth a punt!

After getting some information on him :sherlock:

I have come to this :

He was used by Feyenoord as a CM/CAM, and showed much promise before he went through a spell of injuries. He relies on confidence and isn't an incredibly physical midfielder. Though he is slow on the ball, he has great technique and vision.

IMO if he can get some confidence and "beef" up he seems like our ideal solution to a "#10". Likened to Sneijder and predicted to be the next star of Dutch football only a few years ago. I think he's well worth a punt.

Hi there fellas,

I'm a Feyenoord fan and keen to see if Bruins manages to earn a contract at the Rangers.

He was pretty useless for us during his years at the De Kuip and was thankfully released during the summer. He is a very lazy player who has 0 and I mean ZERO (it's that bad) work ethic and relies on the odd trough ball once every 2 games. I'm not really familiar with the SPL tempo but if it's any like the PL then Bruins is definitely not your man. Bruins looks, runs and plays like an overweight Van der Vaart at age 45.

He has some very good attributes (nice technique, decent from set piece, vision) but it has been proven with us that he cannot make it as a professional because of the bad points I wrote down earlier. He would be the Zidane of every amateur league in the world and that's that.

Good luck with him and I hope our trash turns out to be your treasure.

PS:

You probably don't have to worry about his wage demands. He didn't earn much with us and with Red Bull either. I think they paid off the whole season contract (which was worth 300,000 Euros) and not for 2 months. I think he was for similar wages on our books as well.

Hi there fellas,

I'm a Feyenoord fan and keen to see if Bruins manages to earn a contract at the Rangers.

He was pretty useless for us during his years at the De Kuip and was thankfully released during the summer. He is a very lazy player who has 0 and I mean ZERO (it's that bad) work ethic and relies on the odd trough ball once every 2 games. I'm not really familiar with the SPL tempo but if it's any like the PL then Bruins is definitely not your man. Bruins looks, runs and plays like an overweight Van der Vaart at age 45.

He has some very good attributes (nice technique, decent from set piece, vision) but it has been proven with us that he cannot make it as a professional because of the bad points I wrote down earlier. He would be the Zidane of every amateur league in the world and that's that.

Good luck with him and I hope our trash turns out to be your treasure.

PS:

You probably don't have to worry about his wage demands. He didn't earn much with us and with Red Bull either. I think they paid off the whole season contract (which was worth 300,000 Euros) and not for 2 months. I think he was for similar wages on our books as well.

Sounds like a player Eremenko who played in our League last Season for Kilmarnock. If he had the work rate, and weight, to accompany his technique and ability he would be playing for at least Rangers or Celtic.

Work rate is quite a big thing in Scotland. If you give your all you are often excused for you lack of technical ability, prime example being our last fans favourite - Nacho Novo.

I would be surprised if we signed him up.

Thanks for the comment also (tu)

the curse of the youtube clip, it had to be done

what little we can judge from these clips is that he appears to be a decent finisher and eye for the pass, but looks a little slow for me

His control and finish on 2:35 is sublime

FORMER Dutch golden boy Luigi Bruins last night revealed he hopes to resurrect his career at Rangers after being sold on the club by one-time Feyenoord team-mate Michael Mols.

The 24-year-old checked in at Murray Park yesterday to begin a trial period with the crisis-hit SPL champions, along with Bosnian international striker Zlatan Muslimovic.

Both players are free agents after ending spells at Red Bull Salzburg and PAOK Salonika respectively. Manager Ally McCoist has also invited American teenager Jamael Cox, a midfielder with Seattle Sounders, to train with the youth squad while he attempts to piece together his bargain-basement January transfer moves.

And Bruins – a former Holland Under-21 star once tipped for big things – is determined to make the most of this unexpected opportunity to follow Mols’ footsteps to Ibrox.

He said: “Rangers are a massive club and if you get the chance to prove yourself here then you don’t say no.

“I had a great education at Feyenoord where I played with Michael. He was the man to contact for everything I needed to know about this club.

“Michael raved about Rangers and told me I should grab the chance. He has tremendous respect for the club and I can understand that because he had such a terrific time in Glasgow.

“But I am not naive. I realise times have changed in football and also at Rangers. But maybe it’s because of these circumstances I now have the chance to play here.

“No matter what the problems may be, the thought of pulling on that blue shirt at the end of this trial is

something that really appeals.”

Bruins, who can play anywhere across the midfield and just behind a main striker, was hailed as a future star when he was lured to Rotterdam from Dutch club Excelsior.

But he failed to live up to his early promise and was transferred to Salzburg last year.

Bruins then played only three games in Austria before being released. Hitman Muslimovic is also determined to impress after arriving for a similar trial period.

The 30-year-old hasn’t played club football since May but has remained part of the Bosnian team and has scored 12 goals in 33 international appearances.

Estonian right-back Enar Jaager has already impressed on trial and he last night pleaded for Rangers to find the cash to deal him in. Leeds also want the 27-year-old but Jaager said: “I’m still in Glasgow and waiting for Rangers’ decision.

“Hopefully it will happen but, as long as it’s not up to me, I cannot promise anything.”

Honduran midfielder Jorge Claros is spending a second week with Gers as he bids to win a deal.