payback £49million over many years

aryizredy

apologies if this has been posted already

Sunday Times today

RANGERS SAVED BY EXTRA TIME

"Rangers are to be handed a lifeline to let them pay a £49million tax bill over many years without going out of business, according to government sources.

HMRC is working is working on deal which would allow taxpayers to receive what they are owed while allowing Rangers to stay afloat"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

apologies if this has been posted already

Sunday Times today

RANGERS SAVED BY EXTRA TIME

"Rangers are to be handed a lifeline to let them pay a £49million tax bill over many years without going out of business, according to government sources.

HMRC is working is working on deal which would allow taxpayers to receive what they are owed while allowing Rangers to stay afloat"

Have we lost the case then.

Hopefully.

If we have revenue of 35 million then we could easily pay that back if we make cuts.

I just hope the fans realise that if something like this does happen we may not be seeing that title for a good few years.

What??

we make 35 m a year and it cost 45 m to run our club. thats -10 m on a yearly basis. (which would just about balance out with euro football)

we have to make cuts to survive never mind paying anyone back, hence admin.

Are you saying that a deal cannot be done which suits both parties, simply because there was a tribunal?

There's no reason why a deal can't be done to suit both parties,casey...but this story is a heap of pish as pointed out by other posters.

These cunts are plucking figures out of the air and insinuating they know the outcome of the tribunal AND the figure involved, when in fact NOBODY except the people on the panel know this. I would also say that the first people to know exactly what will occur will be the administrators of Rangers FC,and not some fuckwit from the mhedia.

Maybe it's a hypothetical decision by HMRC? If they win, this is what they will allow, if we don't then we pay back anyway (there are liabilities we will have to pay, as our club announced)

In other words, if HMRC enter this CVA with us, we're almost (if not there) on the road to getting things cleared up (in my opinion of course).

IF and it's a big IF we could devote £5million a season on transfers, then that is all we would really need in the SPL and to compete in Euro to a reasonable standard.

Cuts will happen without a doubt, but at the same time if that article title is correct then it's good news.

Even if it were for real, is that really a good outcome? We'd be impoverished for like 10 years and have like zero investment in the club and I doubt we'd be able to stay competitive under that model.

we might be hobbled for 10 years @ say 5 million a year but in the greater scheme of things it may not be that big a disadvantage and give us back the moral highground regarding claims of "stolen titles" and all the other garbage

What??

we make 35 m a year and it cost 45 m to run our club. thats -10 m on a yearly basis. (which would just about balance out with euro football)

we have to make cuts to survive never mind paying anyone back, hence admin.

What im saying is we have revenue of 35 million a year which means we make a lot of money, we could easily turn that into a profit if we made cuts.

If were to cut down so we were running on a profit then we would be able to pay them back over many years.

There's no reason why a deal can't be done to suit both parties,casey...but this story is a heap of pish as pointed out by other posters.

These cunts are plucking figures out of the air and insinuating they know the outcome of the tribunal AND the figure involved, when in fact NOBODY except the people on the panel know this. I would also say that the first people to know exactly what will occur will be the administrators of Rangers FC,and not some fuckwit from the mhedia.

I'm placing little belief in the story, I just couldn't see that particular reason for it being unable to happen could be correct. If it was a deal, the outcome of the tribunal would be moot.

Time for your bed, Grandad.

The whole point of any agreement would mean there wouldnt be a case hence decision /result no longer an issue,, basically agreeing out of court. Will wait and see before getting carried away,, would like to believe it,, but until its official and from Rangers I will wait

we might be hobbled for 10 years @ say 5 million a year but in the greater scheme of things it may not be that big a disadvantage and give us back the moral highground regarding claims of "stolen titles" and all the other garbage

We'd need to invest heavily and properly in youth, which to be honest I'd prefer as I think we've done better when we've had the boys on playing. So I can see us surviving and making ends meat but how would Whyte react? I mean he's not in this for the long term and we could barely sell the club when we just had 18 million lloyds debt, how much more difficult would it be with 49 million HMRC debt added in? Would need a fans buyout for that I would reckon.