Ali Russell and Gordon Smith have agreed to leave Rangers.

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see Gordon Smith hitting out at Whyte to a degree and saying he wasn't allowed to do his job.

Moving these two on should free up wages and save jobs though which is a good thing (tu)

I would have preferred GS to leave his critcism until this is all sorted.

I do believe both are comfortable enough finacially and maybe they have done the decent thing to save jobs.

Im sure they both will return when we're back on our feet.

I believe Smith when he says he wasn't being allowed to do his job, a man of his experience could never have been behind the shambles that was our transfer dealings.

However this begs the question, why did it take the administrators to remove him from his position? If, as he states, he wasn't allowed carry out his remit he should have resigned long ago.

What was he doing? Collecting a nice wage? Doesn't speak well for the man.

I think Smith will be a loss as I believe he could have played a vital role in developing the youth and scouting set up at the cliub. I'm glad he has also lifted the lid on some of the issues he faced (albeit not in great detail).

The main thing though is survival in the short term and I'd rather see the 2 of them go than us trimming the squad.

It will be interesting to see what Smith says about what has been going on the last few months.

He has friends in the media, he must have talked to some of them during his time. However if he was aware of anything really untoward I would want to know why he didn't speak out.