Coisty

Glennywatp

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1330183797' post='1059810046']

He's still the man and they're still the players that blew the 15 point lead, we could've still been top of the league at the minute if we didn't blow it

Absolutely.

We shouldn't be afraid to say this at the moment. Doesn't mean we aren't behind the club.

McCoist is being asked to manage in a hurricane. We have no idea as yet of all the shenanigans going on behind closed doors that may have hampered his ability to do the job.

He earned his chance to lead our club and displays many of the qualities we need to move forward.

He deserves a fair crack of the whip and has not as yet had that. I'll be supporting the man completely.

He's still the man and they're still the players that blew the 15 point lead, we could've still been top of the league at the minute if we didn't blow it

This, I cant argue with.

But we could blame Naismith for injuring himself with a stupid challenge, as most agree its went tits up since his injury.

But we are where we are and we need to get on with it.

As for Ally still being the manager only time will tell but we need to cut him some slack I suppose.

(tu)

We raced into a fantastic lead before injury to our most influential player played an enormous impact on our fortunes and also the impact the chairman's non signings were and still are having on the team, so, you can hardly say this is supers fault, with a team to pick at the start of the season he didn't do too badly imo. have you all forgot how easily we turned the taigs over 4-2 with a proper team on the park

He deserves a proper shot at this before the snipers come out to play.

Anyway, as loyal a person as Ally is to the Rangers, I think he would step back from the position of manager if he thought he couldn't do a job and god only knows where we would be without him there now. not many would take his place at these trying times, we really should be thanking him for being such a loyal Rangers man and not debating over whether he is good enough at this moment time

Totally agree.

Poor financial situation at the club is no excuse for losing a 15 point lead, getting pumped out of 2 European competition from 2 no marks and being put out of the League Cup by a 1st Division club.

You could maybe cut him some slack for the defeat against Dundee United but other than that there is nothing there to suggest that Ally McCoist is good enough to manage the Rangers.

Poor financial situation at the club is no excuse for losing a 15 point lead, getting pumped out of 2 European competition from 2 no marks and being put out of the League Cup by a 1st Division club.

You could maybe cut him some slack for the defeat against Dundee United but other than that there is nothing there to suggest that Ally McCoist is good enough to manage the Rangers.

you're right you have to ask your self if the finacial side of the club was fine and all we had to worry about was the football then ally would be for the chop i have been really disapointed with our standard of football this season i can't think of a game iv'e been at this season that i have enjoyed really poor season all round.

McCoist is being asked to manage in a hurricane. We have no idea as yet of all the shenanigans going on behind closed doors that may have hampered his ability to do the job.

He earned his chance to lead our club and displays many of the qualities we need to move forward.

He deserves a fair crack of the whip and has not as yet had that. I'll be supporting the man completely.

Well said that man, i 100% agree with you

He has to be given next season and have time with players he wants. Out of the players he signed i think only wallace was his first choice. People go on about him playing wallace and papac down the left but who else was he supposed to play? Wylde? He gets slaughtered when he plays like charlie adam did!!He has been forced to play bartley at right back cause the chairman wouldnt pay £3.5k for a proper RB.

If we had signed goodwillie,cuellar,conway,hemed and juhasz we would have been alot better off.

I believe McCoist will be rangers manager for a long time once he gets proper backing and support from his chairman.

Kilmarnock have shipped seven goals in their last two games hammered today by the worst team in a long time hivees, you gotta ask the question. wacko.gif

This has been happening in the SPL for years!!! A team beats rangers one week then gets pumped the following week!!!

(tu)

We raced into a fantastic lead before injury to our most influential player played an enormous impact on our fortunes and also the impact the chairman's non signings were and still are having on the team, so, you can hardly say this is supers fault, with a team to pick at the start of the season he didn't do too badly imo. have you all forgot how easily we turned the taigs over 4-2 with a proper team on the park

He deserves a proper shot at this before the snipers come out to play.

Anyway, as loyal a person as Ally is to the Rangers, I think he would step back from the position of manager if he thought he couldn't do a job and god only knows where we would be without him there now. not many would take his place at these trying times, we really should be thanking him for being such a loyal Rangers man and not debating over whether he is good enough at this moment time

We raced into a fantastic lead because our only other rival for the league were struggling for a period. Both old firm clubs are so financially superior to every other club the "fantastic lead" is an annual event. Thats what happens in this league. You also fail to recall how poor we played with our "most influencial player" in the team. Have you forgot Naismiths part in our loss at home to Malmo, missing several sitters and looking strangely lost up front?

You say we "didnt do too badly" at the start of the season, was that a joke? Our pre-season was a shambles, our European campaign very costly and embarrassing, our League Cup defence pathetic and our start to the league campaign started with a dull, boring, predictable draw at home. The 4-2 pumping of the Massagers of Kids was the one result which kept fans onside for the manager. Allys start as boss has been horrific. As much as every Rangers fan must undoubtedly love him as a club legend and record goalscorer, as the manager, we must be big enough to admit he is struggling in the position as manager of Rangers.

You then speak of "non signings" yet the club have made 9 new signings since he took over, 9 additions to a squad which last year won a double, not even mentioning the extensions and re-newing of contracts of existing double winning players, of which went into double figures. You also fail to acknowledge he was allowed to spend almost £5m on transfer fees in a year when we were going to get no European revenue. A stupid mistake made by people above Ally but as manager there is no doubting he could have spent it much better. You just need to look at what has happened to some of the players Ally signed up in the summer, from Davie Weir to Bendiksen to McKay to Ortiz to McMillan to Alejandro Bedoya and the rest. Money we clearly did not have, wasted.

I would say he has had more than a "proper shot" at this.

I dont believe for one second Ally would "step back", he has already said he "doesnt do walking away". Its pretty easy to say not many would take his place now we are here, where we are today. But last year, after Walter announced he was stepping aside, i bet many reputable, successful and more experienced coaches would have loved a crack at Rangers.

My feelings on Ally McCoist are mixed. It will break my heart to see him losing our title to Lennon and i am not enjoying seeing him struggle week in week out against the cannon fodder of the SPL. I only wish he had went elsewhere and made his mistakes at another club and proved beyond doubt he is ready to manage our great club. Sadly that wasnt to be.

No one was asking that question when we pumped cletci and were sitting pretty at the top of league.

We lost our most influential player to injury and immediately it's clear we don't have like for like in replacement quality. McCoist is operating a team from Lidl's clearance corner when we demand caviar and foie-gras.

He's not been without fault - but he is operating under extremely difficult circumstances. The only way is up for McCoist and I'm convinced he'll do the job given a reasonable crack of the whip.

No one was asking that question when we pumped cletci and were sitting pretty at the top of league.

We lost our most influential player to injury and immediately it's clear we don't have like for like in replacement quality. McCoist is operating a team from Lidl's clearance corner when we demand caviar and foie-gras.

He's not been without fault - but he is operating under extremely difficult circumstances. The only way is up for McCoist and I'm convinced he'll do the job given a reasonable crack of the whip.

Then maybe the fans need to change their demands MosesMcNeil? It makes it even worse when the Massagers of Kids are on such a long winning run proving this league is full of dross because they are not a good team, far from it.

Despite our predicament, we are still the second richest club in the country, we can sign better players and we can pay players more to come here than any other club in the league bar one. For me, lack of finance is not an excuse or reason.