Craig Whyte Live on SSN

Jig

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? They interrogate other pricks like him on the news like Paxman does. what makes the sports news any different?

Because Whyte wouldn't have done it then.

A live interview with Whyte is very rare, especially right now..SSN will just be chuffed they got him on. If they had made it tough questions, Whyte would have just taken his interview somewere else were it would have been easier.

What annoys me is that he only answers questions like today when he was never going to get a grilling or by putting out statements with no way of questioning the content. I want him to sit down with fans representatives and eminent journalists and give detailed answers rather controlled soundbites. Won't ever happen tho....where would we find eminent journalists!

(tu)

forgive me for trying to be optimistic about the situation but i wont be joinging the 99% of gers fans who have given up on Whyte just yet.

correct me if im wrong, but didnt whyte refute allegations he "operated a company" whilst banned & claims by the BBC he committed perjury?

I dont think he denied the ticketus deal either, im sure he denied the claim that he "used the fans money to buy the club" which im sure was the daily records tabloid spin on it. In a way he never, he took out a loan secured against his own assests to clear the lloyds debt, and the ST sales will pay that loan back over 3 years. Lets not forget the pressure Lloyds had Murray under & even starting putting there people on our board. Other than Murray, or someone external putting their hand into their own pocket, this deal to clear the debt is as about as good as we were gonna get. And it also gives Whyte 24m reasons to make sure we don't go to the wall.

I'll stick my neck on the line, I still think Whyte still has our best intentions at heart, and has a plan hes tryign to execute to get us out of this - to say hes tryign to make a quick buck for himself by running Rangers into the ground just doesnt make any sense. Lets not forget its not his mess, and other mega-rich buyers who could have came in and got the cheques flying around to clear all the debt weren't exactly coming out the woodwork.

I'll join you here bud - i'm gonna wait until all is laid out and all is done to fully judge whether what he has done has been in our best interests

The way he has communicated with the fans and his PR dealings have been nothing short of horrific however :(

forgive me for trying to be optimistic about the situation but i wont be joinging the 99% of gers fans who have given up on Whyte just yet.

correct me if im wrong, but didnt whyte refute allegations he "operated a company" whilst banned & claims by the BBC he committed perjury?

I dont think he denied the ticketus deal either, im sure he denied the claim that he "used the fans money to buy the club" which im sure was the daily records tabloid spin on it. In a way he never, he took out a loan secured against his own assests to clear the lloyds debt, and the ST sales will pay that loan back over 3 years. Lets not forget the pressure Lloyds had Murray under & even starting putting there people on our board. Other than Murray, or someone external putting their hand into their own pocket, this deal to clear the debt is as about as good as we were gonna get. And it also gives Whyte 24m reasons to make sure we don't go to the wall.

I'll stick my neck on the line, I still think Whyte still has our best intentions at heart, and has a plan hes tryign to execute to get us out of this - to say hes tryign to make a quick buck for himself by running Rangers into the ground just doesnt make any sense. Lets not forget its not his mess, and other mega-rich buyers who could have came in and got the cheques flying around to clear all the debt weren't exactly coming out the woodwork.

A small part of me still wants to believe that this is the case- that this is all part of Whytes masterplan- that everything has been done with Rangers best interest in mind- that he's prepared to take this personal media/public image battering in the short term, for the long term greater good.

BUT even I, one of the most optimistic people you'll ever meet, am now feeling that this simply can't be the case.

Because Whyte wouldn't have done it then.

A live interview with Whyte is very rare, especially right now..SSN will just be chuffed they got him on. If they had made it tough questions, Whyte would have just taken his interview somewere else were it would have been easier.

Aye yer probably right, good point the slimy wee prick wouldnt have agreed to do it if he gonna get a decent grilling.

I'll join you here bud - i'm gonna wait until all is laid out and all is done to fully judge whether what he has done has been in our best interests

The way he has communicated with the fans and his PR dealings have been nothing short of horrific however :(

In what way?

I dont think he denied the ticketus deal either,

- to say hes tryign to make a quick buck for himself by running Rangers into the ground just doesnt make any sense.

Mate he denied the ticketus deal 2 times in newspapers and once in a face to face meeting with the fans, he only came clean about it when the daily rebel lawyers had him banged to rights. Also he never made an mention of it when he took over and said it was his money used to clear the debt.

As for the quick buck bit the guy has liquidated 38 companies he is a vulture, putting people out of work so he can asset strip and line his own pockets.

I think Mr Shyte knows he is finished at ibrox but is making it clear he won't go away without being well paid. I hope all he gets from this is several years in barlinnie.

It puts the pressure on because he will drag it out in court and creditors are going to get fed up waiting and withdraw from any deal which may potentially be struck.

I think Mr Shyte knows he is finished at ibrox but is making it clear he won't go away without being well paid. I hope all he gets from this is several years in barlinnie.

It puts the pressure on because he will drag it out in court and creditors are going to get fed up waiting and withdraw from any deal which may potentially be struck.

That's the thing that worries me most about this if someone does come into buy us Whyte wont go without at least the £27m he says he has underwritten.

TBH no one on earth is going to hand over that kind of money to him so it may be hard to find a new buyer, if anyone tries to oust him this will end up in courts for years to come.

This guy knows he is finshed at Rangers but wont go without a fight and that will do real damage to the club.

Mate he denied the ticketus deal 2 times in newspapers and once in a face to face meeting with the fans, he only came clean about it when the daily rebel lawyers had him banged to rights. Also he never made an mention of it when he took over and said it was his money used to clear the debt.

As for the quick buck bit the guy has liquidated 38 companies he is a vulture, putting people out of work so he can asset strip and line his own pockets.

you know, when BBC released the documentary on Whyte, it showed a little graph where each of Whytes companies where represented with a circle. It then showed some of them turning red as they released the bombshell of all the companies he has liquidated. This was less than half of the circles on the graph.

what about the other half? what happened to them?

I've raised concern about Whyte right from the start, i never believed he had over 100m that would be needed, as no-one can tell me how he made a penny. But consider this, he took out a 24m loan. thus, he must have at least that in assets (and you would assume a fair bit more considering this would be a massive gamble it it was his entire net worht). He also owns a 5m castle in Scotland and 3m apartment in Monaco. So the guy must be doing somthing right when he buys over failing companies. Perhaps his strategy is to buy high risk businesses and try to put them on a proper financial footing (hence some of the going bust. Rangers certainly fits that bill, considering we had 18m debt to Lloyds alone & the huge tax bill).

We'd all love a clean cut billionaire to simply come in and throw money around, but that never happened, so now we have to put up with a guy who it would seem has made millions from getting his hands dirty in these situations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-16816246

it doesnt seem to me that he blatantly lied about ticketus, but more along the lines of he tried to simply brush the record article off.

""I can categorically assure supporters that when I launched a takeover bid for the club it was funded entirely from one of my companies and that was demonstrated clearly to the satisfaction of the previous owner, Lloyds Banking Group and professional advisers."

as you can see, the tabloids are obviously going to pain this picture of "Whyte swindels rangers buy buying club with fans money". When in actual fact, the money was given to Whyte, and he is liable for it personally, but an agreement is in palce to repay that money with 60% of ST sales for 3 years.

IMO some of the fans need to stop being so insulted that they think Whyte told some lies and subsequently want to kick his head in. He is what he is, and it would seem, liek i mentioned before, he has over 24 million reasons to get Rangers out this mess.

you know, when BBC released the documentary on Whyte, it showed a little graph where each of Whytes companies where represented with a circle. It then showed some of them turning red as they released the bombshell of all the companies he has liquidated. This was less than half of the circles on the graph.

I've raised concern about Whyte right from the start, i never believed he had over 100m that would be needed, as no-one can tell me how he made a penny. But consider this, he took out a 24m loan. thus, he must have at least that in assets (and you would assume a fair bit more considering this would be a massive gamble it it was his entire net worht). He also owns a 5m castle in Scotland and 3m apartment in Monaco. So the guy must be doing somthing right when he buys over failing companies. Perhaps his strategy is to buy high risk businesses and try to put them on a proper financial footing (hence some of the going bust. Rangers certainly fits that bill, considering we had 18m debt to Lloyds alone & the huge tax bill).

We'd all love a clean cut billionaire to simply come in and throw money around, but that never happened, so now we have to put up with a guy who it would seem has made millions from getting his hands dirty in these situations.

it doesnt seem to me that he blatantly lied about ticketus, but more along the lines of he tried to simply brush the record article off.

""I can categorically assure supporters that when I launched a takeover bid for the club it was funded entirely from one of my companies and that was demonstrated clearly to the satisfaction of the previous owner, Lloyds Banking Group and professional advisers."

as you can see, the tabloids are obviously going to pain this picture of "Whyte swindels rangers buy buying club with fans money". When in actual fact, the money was given to Whyte, and he is liable for it personally, but an agreement is in palce to repay that money with 60% of ST sales for 3 years.

IMO some of the fans need to stop being so insulted that they think Whyte told some lies and subsequently want to kick his head in. He is what he is, and it would seem, liek i mentioned before, he has over 24 million reasons to get Rangers out this mess.

Too much sense for this thread.

Good read and well thought out, I just hope you are correct although my head tells me otherwise.