RangersFanOwnership Model

Would you join this concept?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Which would best describe your thoughts?

• No Thanks
    • Yes It's Brilliant
    • Yes £100 upfront
    • I Can Only afford £10 P.M
    • I would pay £100 + £10 P.M
    • I Know 5 others would would do both

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good detailed plan OP :praise: As you say the more high profile ppl to back it the better too have you tried contacting Richard Gough on his real Facebook along with other ex players etc?If not I can pm Gough also im a jobless bum at the moment so if this does get off the ground get in touch I would help spread word online and handing out leaflets etc whatever helps save the club put my name down mate (tu):21:

I would definitely be in for £100 up front and £10/month (but don't tell the missus). In my opinion the most important thing for this to be a sucess would be for a high profile Rangers man to front this. It would have to be someone that the fans could really trust (like Walter).

Good detailed plan OP :praise: As you say the more high profile ppl to back it the better too have you tried contacting Richard Gough on his real Facebook along with other ex players etc?If not I can pm Gough also im a jobless bum at the moment so if this does get off the ground get in touch I would help spread word online and handing out leaflets etc whatever helps save the club put my name down mate (tu):21:

I tried but i couldnt find anywhere to message him privately, i did put it on his all on his athlete page, if you could send him a link to the thread and he can sign in with his facebook and leave a comment that would be amazing mate.

I would dearly love to speak to him about this.

As for help, any help would be appreciated, with leaflets etc, we wont go down that road unless we have the front end people in place.

I would definitely be in for £100 up front and £10/month (but don't tell the missus). In my opinion the most important thing for this to be a sucess would be for a high profile Rangers man to front this. It would have to be someone that the fans could really trust (like Walter).

Not just your opinion mate, that is why it is clearly marked Step 1) it is fundamental and we are trying to get into the mix where we can get access to the right people.

I tried but i couldnt find anywhere to message him privately, i did put it on his all on his athlete page, if you could send him a link to the thread and he can sign in with his facebook and leave a comment that would be amazing mate.

No bother mate yeah will do he has his own private one which is really him as Im on his friend list so can pm him the link and hopefully that helps, I know u get plenty fakes plus all the athlete ones etc so happy to help (tu)

I would definitely be in for £100 up front and £10/month (but don't tell the missus).

This (tu)

I'll be in the dog-house if I tell my missus about this expense... and doubly so when the missus finds out I'll be signing her up too! :D

As for help, any help would be appreciated, with leaflets etc, we wont go down that road unless we have the front end people in place.

Just copied and pasted your post and pm'd Gough so will let you know if I get a reply mate also told him it's your idea and it's on Rangermedia so maybe he'll grace us with his presence (tu):21:

Just copied and pasted your post and pm'd Gough so will let you know if I get a reply mate also told him it's your idea and it's on Rangermedia so maybe he'll grace us with his presence (tu):21:

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

I would have preffered he looked on the link so he can see the reaction, but hey ho beggers cant be chosers.

I don't think you need to limit the number of memberships that can be bought, any wealthier fans looking to invest in multiple memberships would simply be capped at a certain number of votes, so if I bought 30,000 memberships at a cost of £3m I would be capped at x votes. There would have to be more thought put into it than that, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Happy to help out too.

I don't think you need to limit the number of memberships that can be bought, any wealthier fans looking to invest in multiple memberships would simply be capped at a certain number of votes, so if I bought 30,000 memberships at a cost of £3m I would be capped at x votes. There would have to be more thought put into it than that, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Happy to help out too.

Excellent mate, the more people who are willing to help the better, i agree its an area that needs to be looked at properly but we have so many more important issues to work on just now, that side of it will take care of itself.

in (tu) but get Watty onboard

great idea but move soon

It's not that simple, do you have any idea how we can get access to him?

We are struggling, but we are working behind behind the scenes to get the right high profile people in, next week will see us have a website/twitter/fb and blogs then word will really be out.

In the meantime, spread the word to your friends and family who are bluenoses, any bluenoses.

Alex, I replied back on Thursday night on your original post.

The idea is great in principle but in my opinion it needs "tweaked" here and there. I still can't see 500k fans contributing, nor can I see some paying in 2 or 3 times more than others. The only way that would work would be as shareholders. Having 2 votes instead of 1 matters little if there are half a million votes. At least with shares you can sell them.

I think the £100 would need to be increased to at least double. I also think that you need to get a meeting in place ASAP to get the plan ironed out.

I also believe that having multiple Trustees such as Walter Smith, Souness, Findlay, etc would be preferable.

Initially, the idea may require some interim financial backing from a big player or players.

I also have some concerns about who would go on the Board from the fans. To be blunt, most fans don't have the experience to run such an organisation and petty jealousy can be a problem. (see the response to the RST for details)

Still like to help try to get this off the ground but we need to move quickly.

<cr>

I am now out in the Winchburgh area near Edinburgh, and if I can help with any Regional Stuff like Leaflet Distribution and lease with any other like minded Bears out here just let me know mate .

If this is going to work we need to get together in our Regions, and get cracking with Leaflet Distribution and the Likes .I will spread this out to any Rangers minded people I know out here .There are a few.

Just give me a PM update at any time .I don't do Facebook or Twitter .

Hi Alex,

Just a few questions/points if you don't mind.

1) Don't take this the wrong way, but who can vouch for you? We don't want another Craig Whyte or worse :lol:

2) You'll need to get website/twitter/(iPhone app?) up within days at the latest given there are 13 days left.

3) Are you only using word of mouth? I'm guessing you don't have any advertising budget. Maybe a banner at the match today?

4) There is a huge danger of this and the RST effort just diluting each other and resulting in failure. Divide and conquer and all that. How can you avoid this?

5) How do you plan to return the money without some of it for admin costs?

6) Is there any way this could work with the involvement of Paul Whyte etc to guarantee the figure is reached?

Having said all that, I'm most likely in. Good work.

The Target is 500,000 memberships bought.

Never going to Happen... the Largest Club membership scheme in the world is Benfica and the only have about 320,000. So right away all your calcs will be nonsense.

Multiple Memberships will be available, but there will be a set limit

Whats the point in that? Then its effectively a share scheme with none of the securities of being floated on the stock markets. A fan membership scheme would be better where everyone gets a membership and EQUAL voting rights. Who's to say a really rich guy like Murray couldn't come in again under various Pseudonyms and screw us over again.

Special Memberships for separate R.S.C's to have in their name

Clubs with fan membershio schemes can register supporters clubs, but basically, they are just administrative entities to collectively apply for tickets for members to ensure tickets together etc. Why would you need anything else? Why give supporters clubs extra say? That would allow say a David Murry to start creating various clubs and gain even more voting rights.

We believe that there are literally millions of Rangers fans the world over

Now that's just nonsense. Apart from the Scottish expats, who would support us? There's only 5 million people in Scotland, so to say there are 'millions' of Rangers fans out there willingto plough money like that into the club is just ridiculous.

Club membership costs £100 one off payment and then a monthly DD fee of £10.

Absolutley ridiculous price. Average price abroad is only about £40-£60. Why pay double for what we're getting. Thats why we're in the position we're in, inflating what we actually have here in Scottish football anyway.

I can' be bothered going through the rest, but if it's anything like the start then it's not going to work like this.

I do agree a fan ownership/membership model IS the way forward, but not the model that you have proposed.

First year of a fan membership/ownership model, we;d be lucky to get 40,000 people joining up, it takes time to implement these schemes, and its just time we don't have.

We need someone with a ton of cash to come in who's willing to put the money upfront, giving us time to go through the details and allow a transition where the fans would buy him/them out to a stage where they would own a max of 35-40% of the club (this would ensure that they needed quite a large number of people to support them, should they want to implement something ridiculous.

A big down point of fan membership/ownership is that the fans would elect members to the board, and they are entrusting these people to do the job to the best of their abilities. It doesn't mean that they have to run everything past the fans, as they are elected representatives and will be able to do what they want provided they have approval by the board. Just think of politicians, they get into government and basically do what they want.