Stop any new people joining?

j1mgg

196 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like it if we stopped people from joining

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont care

Just with the amount of new members we have recently and the amount that seem to get banned would it not be better to just not accept any new members at the moment?

I know there will be some genuine fans that are just trying to get the latest info, but there seems to be an awful lot that are just blatant kiddie fiddlers

WATP

BJK

NO SURRENDER

MALARKY

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a tough one as many out there may want to join who are genuine bears who want to be part of this site as we go through our darkest period in this clubs history but as we all know there are an element of sad individuals out there who will want to shit stir on a rivals forum.

It may be a good idea to suspend any new registrations until this period is over and we know where we stand but there are pro’s and con’s to everything and this is no different.

No. Pretty sure Bears who just normally have a read feel the need to get involved. Of course 'they' also join, but it's pretty obvious who they are and just need to be ignored. 00000042.gif

(tu) This, if we don't answer the threads will quickly fall down the board and off the first page.

No offence mate but thats a fucking dumb idea,

I only recently joined but I can assure you I have been a diehard bluenose fucking Rangers supporter for 24 years, only recently with the amount of shit we have had to endure I felt the need to become more involved with the wider Rangers community, mostly because I am military and due to head of to Afghanistan again in the very near future, This forum will give me the ability to keep in touch with events back home involving the club as coverage of all things scottish football isnt easy to come buy in a predominatly english unit.

There will always be fucking reptiles poking there nose in, let them, we will laugh loudest in the long run.

I voted no because stopping people joining would deprive more bears than taigs.

You can tell the tims anyway, they're either usually more proddy than the Rev Paisley or pretend to be more 'progressive', the type that like to get wee digs in about how we shouldn't have spent so much or we should pay the taxes. Some will sit and preach about how too many fans are bigots and they're no' like that at aw.

Why should anyone deny a bear's right to sit and read other peoples opinions on their club just because of a few sad taigs that want to pretend to be Rangers fans? Surely these timposters will have to say something positive about the Gers at some point to ingratiate themselves, making them hypocrites as well as smelly fucks.

Don't think it's a good idea - though maybe I would do as I'm new too! You'll probably find that lots of the guests are like me (though obviously i've registered now) in that they come on the board for info during the transfer windows or at a time like this and don't really have a need or the time to post. I was looking at the board for about a year and a half before bothering to sign up. Anyone joining up simply for the wind up factor will be found out pretty quickly and will soon get bored anyway.

As stated it's also through allowing as many people as possible to view the site that the board will be financed (I doubt it makes any substantial money in the form of profit, could be wrong though)

I suggested a couple of things on another thread.

Putting new members in premoderation for a period of time, so their posts don't make the board til they have been approved.

Create a Timwatch sticky where bears can highlight suspect timposters and the admins can deal with them if needed. It can be tricky at times catching an admin on when someone is at it.

The report poster or post button doesn't seem to work. It says I don't have permissions to use it. It was this that prompted my Timwatch idea.

None of this affects new members ability to post. It just limits what timmy can get up to.