Let's hear it for Big Jig.

I have on a number of occasions bagged McCulloch for his lack of ability in midfield and I stand by that.

However his effort up front on sunday was nothing short of incredible as the OP said he absolutely pummelled their defence, he bullied them and it was fantastic to see.

I feel we lost that bit of spark when he was pulled back into midfield when McCabe went off, who I thought was fantastic.

I think Ally could play him up front for the rest of the season and we would lose nothing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent game from big Lee when he was up front as the target man. He had Rogne and Mulgrew shit scared to move out the middle to assist their fullbacks and he created so much space for Sone.

That would have to be one of the best games i've ever seen LM play in his life,never mind for Rangers. He certainly proved the point that he's not a holding midfielder,but when he plays in a position that suits him,in a formation that's sensible, he's a far better player than given credit for.

Rogne and Mulgrew certainly gave a sigh of relief when he had to move back to midfield.

Well done big man. :pipe::clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree with this.

He was outstanding on Sunday. Deserved a goal

I've never belived him as poor in midfield as some claim. McCabe was superb on Sunday but a lot of the things he's being praised for, Lee got hammered for doing.

Lee is a great club man; on that we surely all can agree.

I would be quite happy to have jig up front next season, with little and Lafferty as back up strikers - Little looks a great prospect at the moment, and a goal against Sellick would have done him no harm at all, Lafferty can score, just not consistently, good backup, not good enough to be first choice. I would play a 4-2-3-1 with Edu and McCabe in the holding roles, Davis, Aluko and Naismith in the advanced midfieilder zones. Mouthwatering.

i will hold my hands up and admit to saying that ally would end up getting sacked if he continued to play big lee how wrong i was slice of that pie now if there is any left. :blush: i would now go as far as to say thank god we have got you in the team jig outstanding up front.

Awful in midfield, but a really useful player upfront.

Today was probably his best display in a Rangers shirt.

i agree - i would be delighted for him to play up front for us next season. we need guys that love the club like he does in the team. and with the midfield we have just now with McCabe, Ness, Fleck and Hutton pushing for places, we have more than enough cover there.

and humble pie does indeed taste good.