In the face of the SPL's proposed sanctions...

Senna

325 members have voted

1. 1. Newco and sanctions or Division 3?

• Newco and at least -15pts, no Euro football and 75% less TV money
    • Division Three and working our way back?

Division 3 for me. If this was even suggested seriously by Rangers, I'm sure the SPL may have a change of heart! And what is the situation regarding TV deal in Div3, could Rangers negotiate their own deal? Also TV companies would likely love to chart the rise of Rangers back to the top, bringing in another bit of cash, financially Rangers could do very well from 3 years of nothing, cutting costs and bring in a bit of cash for the future.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is referring to a Scottish Cup Final at Hampden I have to say... but if it isn't naturally bigger I don't see how it would be a bigger occasion?

What planet is he living on I wouldn't say brilliant it's a hibs hearts final I wouldn't give a toss, presume most fans outwith hibs hearts would feel the same

What planet is he living on I wouldn't say brilliant it's a hibs hearts final I wouldn't give a toss, presume most fans outwith hibs hearts would feel the same

Correct mate 00000042.gif

Fair enough, for a Hearts and Hibs fan aye it's a great occasion.

But how many people outside the Club's supporters would generally spend time to watch it? Even non-OF supporters watch the OF because of its heat and atmosphere and what not, people from all over the world.

It's like, in Spain, how many people would be interested in an all Basque final between Sociedad and Osasuna? How many people throughout the world would tune into this? The answer is probably the same as an Edinburgh Derby Cup Final... very little.

Division 3 without a doubt.

The SPL would be in dire trouble without us, dont they realise that half the clubs in the SPL rely on the gate money, programme money, food sold at their grounds every time that we come to town.

Fuck them, lets give some of the smaller clubs in the other 3 divisions the revenue, filling their grounds every week and creating a great atmosphere

Fairly obvious vote, and will be interesting to see the result.

I'm all for telling the SFA/SPL to stick their punishments, watching them flounder and fall away for three years with no Sky money and the SPL having one of its biggest money spinners nowhere for three years.

I think they'd crumble if we can play hardball.

Spot on, mate! (tu)

going to Div 3 for me fuck the spl they will struggle without us plus the small teams will hump sceptic for more cash plus they lose there biggest selling point US, so they get a free ride to 3 titles but we are fucked if they take 10 points for 2 yrs anyway and no europe so div 3 is the answer 3 straight titles back to the spl, we win that and back to champions league, plus our rise again will be the big story not they bog trotters, oo how i would love to meet they scum in our first season in div 3 and put them oot the cup aswell another Rid neck for them, i would also ask all gers fans to not attend away games and give our cash straight back to the club rather than feed these other bastards, our fans spend thousands get to and from other clubs and spend hard cash there well dont do it, give them nothing they have given fuck all so they should get fuck all back from us, feed our own team not theres

If we got the chance to go to div 3, I would take it, Dundee or Falkirk would get out SPL share and then promptly vote with the ten to get the 11-1 against the scum to get 50% share of all gates.

That plus the Sky deal being ripped up would really test those cunts business model (the one that does not require us remember)

In my opinion this is an agenda that will actually fck selick as the others SPL teams will screw them on the 11-1 vote. Im not a season ticket holder but if we go to the 3rd div then I would make sure that I am (if i could one)and so would a few of my mates.

People who think our support would dwindle are deluded it would increase our numbers. It would make it a cause to hit back and support the club with sell outs through our rapid accent to the top. We would arrive back in such a strong position we would be the envy of most clubs in Europe!

You know, we should vote with the remaining 10 clubs to change the voting right do they can vote in whatever rules they want THEN leave and join Div 3, leaving Celtic to sit on the mess they orchestrated.

I am a supporter of one of the so called 'Diddy' clubs from division one (Ayr), and I have read this thread with much interest. Rangers going to Div 3 as a newco or whatever really would rejuvinate the lower leagues and make them of much more interest to the media. I, for one, would love to see Kilmarnock, Aberdeen,Hearts and Dundee Utd get financially f*cked by the loss of SKY. Celtic are trying to cut their noses off to spite their face, how many fans will roll up to Parkhead when their best competition is Motherwell or St. Minging? The SPL have made it clear they do not want you. We in the lower leagues would welcome Rangers with open arms and the loss of several SPL 'greats' would be as funny as hell. I hope your new owners take no sh*te from the SPL and call their bluff.

I am a supporter of one of the so called 'Diddy' clubs from division one (Ayr), and I have read this thread with much interest. Rangers going to Div 3 as a newco or whatever really would rejuvinate the lower leagues and make them of much more interest to the media. I, for one, would love to see Kilmarnock, Aberdeen,Hearts and Dundee Utd get financially f*cked by the loss of SKY. Celtic are trying to cut their noses off to spite their face, how many fans will roll up to Parkhead when their best competition is Motherwell or St. Minging? The SPL have made it clear they do not want you. We in the lower leagues would welcome Rangers with open arms and the loss of several SPL 'greats' would be as funny as hell. I hope your new owners take no sh*te from the SPL and call their bluff.

Well said.

You know, we should vote with the remaining 10 clubs to change the voting right do they can vote in whatever rules they want THEN leave and join Div 3, leaving Celtic to sit on the mess they orchestrated.

That would be fucking hilarious, ra sellik would be totally goosed.

Can I just inject a note of caution here.

I would want us to go to division 3 and then work our way through the ranks BUT I believe this is Liewells plan anyway. What i believe he is hoping is that if we are not in the SPL it makes the SPL not viable and that would be smellicks route to the English leagues. The reason Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham can play in England is they don't have a viable leagus according to UEFA so they are allowed to play in the English leagues. Without Rangers in the top leage Scotlans would be in the same position so smellik get out and go where the money is while we struggle to make ends meet.

Thoughts?.

Good shout mate.

I used to love going to somerset to watch The Gers playing the Honest Men.

Hugh Sproat your old goalie was always up for a laugh .When we played there he would wear a Green Headband and when that other lot played there he would weat a Blue one.Good fun and a good Day out at Ayr.Great Atmosphere when full.