McCOIST and SOUNESS , never seen a goalscorer like McCOIST

and SOUNESS for building a team that was good enough to win

championships, after going for years winning nothing but the

domestic cups now and again :uk:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Laudrup. Gazza didn't excite me in the least. For some reason I just didn't like him then but I'd seen Laudrup a few times on various football programmes when he was playing for Bayern and was astonished by his skill on the ball. I couldn't believe it when I heard he was coming to Ibrox.

Long before that Colin Stein was a fantastic signing. He'd been on fire with Hibs and was the first £100000 transfer in Scotland. I was at his first few domestic games and as far as I remember he scored a hat trick in the first three. I was in the Enclosure with my old man when he was sent off against Clyde. I watched close up as Eddie Mulheron hacked him again and again until he could take no more and turned round and gave Mulheron a well deserved whack. He got a six week ban and that was one of the biggest injustices ever in Scottish football.

Lauders I agree with but Gazza was a genius cannot understand how anyone would not be excited by his appearance in Blue.

Colin Stein one of my idols. BTW just to be pedantic he didnt score hat tricks in his first three games. He started with a hat tricks against Arbroath and Hibs followed by a double against Dundalk.

Was in the enclosure at the Clyde game as well --- Mulhern kicked him about five times, referee did nothing, before Stein reacted.

I was excited when we signed Coop especially after seeing him play at Ibrox against us. The guy was so talented it was unreal.

Lauders I agree with but Gazza was a genius cannot understand how anyone would not be excited by his appearance in Blue.

Colin Stein one of my idols. BTW just to be pedantic he didnt score hat tricks in his first three games. He started with a hat tricks against Arbroath and Hibs followed by a double against Dundalk.

Was in the enclosure at the Clyde game as well --- Mulhern kicked him about five times, referee did nothing, before Stein reacted.

I was excited when we signed Coop especially after seeing him play at Ibrox against us. The guy was so talented it was unreal.

Just to follow on, Colin Stein is my favourite player of all time. I was at his debut v Arbroath, if memory serves me right, he scored a hat-trick at start of 2nd half in the space of about 4 minutes. Only the post stopped his 3rd hat-trick in a row v Dundalk, after he did same to Hibs. After the game v Clyde when he was banned for 6 wks, we dropped about 8pts in the run in. SFA cost us the league & Scottish Cup that season. Had it not been for that ban the tarriers would NOT have got 9iar. Powers that be shafting us..........sounds familiar.

Gazza, i remember the day we signed him i was in Paris and i was wearing my rangers top walking up the champselysee(spelling) and the number of french people that were stopping me to ask about the signing was incredible, i was on a massive high anyway, but knowing the whole of europe was talking about rangers was a fantastic feeling, the man was a genius

R. De Boer - bought from Barca and genuine top class.

decent season in 2003 but injured before.Would nt say he was a legend.

I probably never really took to him as he was one to always be blaming otheres around him ...Never his fault sort of player

If Molsie never got the injury our recent history would have been so different. We would have been regularly playing with the big boys at the latter stages of the champions league and the cash issues now would not be an issue. Mols was at that time one of Europes best strikers.

I feel physically sick now just thinking about what should have been.

decent season in 2003 but injured before.Would nt say he was a legend.

I probably never really took to him as he was one to always be blaming otheres around him ...Never his fault sort of player

I agree. Seemed a wee bit arrogant, I thinks just the way some of the Dutch are. He was world class, and when he was in the mood was the best player on the park by a mile.

Maurice Johnston

I remember that day well, i didn't believe it cos we had previously seen Celtic parading him, but once we knew for sure it was a great opportunity to laugh a Celtic.

I reckon Mojo as well.

I was in France on a school trip, we were all 13. The tims had paraded him the week before, Billy McBungle on the cover of the DR and Mo holding up the manky hoops.

We were playing pool in a little cafe next door to the hotel about lunch-time when the sports news came on and our 1st Year French lessons paid off. "Maurice Johnston de Nantes allez Les Rangers de Glasgow!" :huh:

We abandoned the pool and it was a mad dash for the pay-phones to call home and get the news confirmed. My Da had a mate called Suds who got "Suds Says No To Mo" tattooed on his arm, there was people burning season books at the front doors of Ibrox but I was genuinely excited at the 2 best strikers (Mo and Ally) in modern Scottish football lining up together.

I was at the match when he scored into the Copland end against the beggars in November that year. I shouldn't have been, since I got caught having my first bevvy at a party the night before, but you know my Da wasn't going to miss the game to stay home with me....

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly more exciting signings, but my favorite's Weir on the free. Absolute inspired piece of business by Walter. Wore the shirt like he'd die for it every time he stepped foot on the pitch.

Prso signed when I was in my last year of school, I was excited having seen him in Monacos CL run.

A wee lad the year below me whom I used to talk to about the Rangers on a daily basis, said "Did you hear we're sining Dado Prso". I thought he was pulling my pisser, as genuinely, he was one of the classiest players I could think of and I thought he was well beyond our means.

The recent ones, Like Jelevic, I don't get excited over at all, because now rangers are a selling club.

They come, play for a season or two then we cash in. Pretty depressing, so getting excited is out of the question.