Leaving Scotland

AlanDeavy10

I know this has been a topic that has been spoke about and caused untold arguments and is probably now boring for most people to even discuss. We have tried and failed to gain entry into the English Premiership and also talk of the Championsip has been kicked into touch in recent years, but have we even made an official application or even been in touch with the English F.A regarding joining one of the lower leagues down south. I think Duff & Phelps or the interested bidders should be atleast asking the question officially to the relevent people. As much as i want to see us leave this pathetic excuse of a league that we are in and go to the scottish third division, we are only going to be aiming to eventually be back playing in the S.P.HELL which for me just wants us to atleast exhaust all avenues possible regarding England.

S.F.A = Scotlands Shame

I know mate but have we even OFFICIALLY enquired about the lower leagues?

I suspect not but unless everyone is prepared to start 6 leagues below League 2 then it isn't going to happen. You are talking of 9 promotions to get to the Premier League. Would probably take somewhere between 10 to 15 years to reach the promised land. By which time English football will probably have imploded financially.

I still think that as Rangers are a Scottish club they should play in the Scottish League but I know I'm an increasingly minority voice in this respect.

I know mate but have we even OFFICIALLY enquired about the lower leagues?

That would be wrong to do so without the governing bodies go ahead and would merit an investigation for a member club breaking the rules :) perhaps you should be asking Mr slanty eyes if this is a course of action he has attempted to do in the past. Must be very careful with what we say these days as member boards have many an enemy in this day and age.

I suspect not but unless everyone is prepared to start 6 leagues below League 2 then it isn't going to happen. You are talking of 9 promotions to get to the Premier League. Would probably take somewhere between 10 to 15 years to reach the promised land. By which time English football will probably have imploded financially.

I still think that as Rangers are a Scottish club they should play in the Scottish League but I know I'm an increasingly minority voice in this respect.

People intentionally ignore this fact for some reason.

No we cant have that a scottish club playing in England not at all.

Whatever next you will be expecting an English Club to play in Scotland how absurd.

Oh wait a minute.

Think youl find they need us.

Tjats why they wont let us go.

They want us shackled here in the spl.

Corrupt bigots they are.

didnt afc wimbledon form at bluesquare level . think this is in the background but should defo be a line of thought for new owners

Remember too that the non league pyramid is regionalised until the National Conference so we wouldn't go the same route as those pricks anyway (sorry - I despise AFC Wimbledon and their fans). In fact all the fans reformed clubs are wankers in my experience. Especially telford. :p20:

At this moment in time it would be a good idea to 'openly' approach the EFA with the intention of applying to join.Might just be enough to force the SFA to remove the player embargo and start to help rather then hinder the Gers.(Scare tactics ofcourse) :crabflute:

No we cant have that a scottish club playing in England not at all.

Whatever next you will be expecting an English Club to play in Scotland how absurd.

Oh wait a minute.

Think youl find they need us.

Tjats why they wont let us go.

They want us shackled here in the spl.

Corrupt bigots they are.

Walter Smith put it in a nutshell they dont like us they like the money we generate

I'm all for it, i want to see a rangers side who competes with the biggest teams in Europe, that's never going to happen as long as were in the spl, even if it does take 10years to get in the epl what's the alternative? Remain in the spl, not for me

I wish people would stop posting these topics. Never going to happen. As much i would love it to happen! it will never happen.

Nevertheless, it is an interesting theoretical debate.

Scottish football seems in terminal decline, dominated by two clubs and as the television pot has declined relative to other television pots the Old Firm has taken the lion's share to fund their wider ambitions. That, I guess, is fair enough, as the Old Firm drives television revenues, but it leaves the so-called diddy clubs with no chance to compete and the television pot isn't big enough to fund the ambitions of the Old Firm. Moreover, the Scottish scene looks likely to become less competitive with the implosion of Rangers and Scottish football's seeming desire to give the "playground bully" a good kicking now that he's on the deck and all but defenceless. It's all rather inelegant.

Celtic may win five or six titles on the bounce, but in all probability Celtic will decline during that period, as without a serious challenge from Rangers they will atrophy into insignificance on the wider stage. They have a crap manager and frankly a crap team ... I'd be astonished if they make the group stages of the Champions League.

The Old Firm distorts Scottish football ... take the Old Firm out of the equation and you might actually get a more competitive scenario, albeit at a lower level and perhaps without a serious television contract. The diddy clubs wouldn't have to squander money in a desperate attempt to give the Old Firm clubs a game. It is possible that the remaining clubs would be able to turn inwards and develop players from within.

But what to do about the Old Firm? Starting at the bottom of the pyramid in England? Hardly an appetising prospect ... the Old Firm are already light years behind the Premier League big hitters ... they might never make it to the promised land. Look at some of the big names in Engliah football that have slipped down the leagues. Leeds United still in the Championship and seemingly a million miles away from being half the club it was but a few short years ago. Sheffield Wednesday is in even worse shape.

It's an unenviable conundrum.

we wouldn't start 6 leagues people League 2.

The EFL chairman spoek about this on SS recently when questioned by Brian Swanson (the chief news guy).

1. They won't entertain talks with clusb members in other leagues (a bit like talking to a player when hes udner contractw ith another club).

2. if a club has permission from it's body (SFA/SPL) or, if it's not licenced by another body (a newco) then it can apply to the EFL and the application goes to a members vote.

So if we form a newco we can apply to play in league 2, where the attendances are much better than non-of teams anyway.

if we lost a vote, then we may have to consider starting from the very bottom (ie conference and such) - but id imagine in this case we'd be better off applying for the SFL.

all of this ofcourse depends on a newco, which im against, however, if we were confident of getting into league 2, i'd take it. it would be best for the long term future of the club. i can only imagine what sort of state scottish football will be in 10-20 years from now at the current rate of decline.

we wouldn't start 6 leagues people League 2.

The EFL chairman spoek about this on SS recently when questioned by Brian Swanson (the chief news guy).

1. They won't entertain talks with clusb members in other leagues (a bit like talking to a player when hes udner contractw ith another club).

2. if a club has permission from it's body (SFA/SPL) or, if it's not licenced by another body (a newco) then it can apply to the EFL and the application goes to a members vote.

So if we form a newco we can apply to play in league 2, where the attendances are much better than non-of teams anyway.

if we lost a vote, then we may have to consider starting from the very bottom (ie conference and such) - but id imagine in this case we'd be better off applying for the SFL.

all of this ofcourse depends on a newco, which im against, however, if we were confident of getting into league 2, i'd take it. it would be best for the long term future of the club. i can only imagine what sort of state scottish football will be in 10-20 years from now at the current rate of decline.

I just don't see how thta could happen. Conference clubs would be furious.

I think the problem is that their constitution permits applications from clubs who operate within England and Wales.

Meaning that we would be considered (and in all honesty, probably accepted at some level) if we were based in England or Wales but have no chance at present.

English Leagues don't want the Old Firm

Don't agree.

English don't want the terrorists supporting, anti protestant, anti british, peadophile supporting taigs in the country.

We won't be able to get into the EPL, but could easily start out at league 2, as long as it's us alone and not they fenian cunts

Don't see how UEFA/FIFA could do anything about it either, last time i checked we are a BRITISH CLUB, we have every right to play in England if we want to. :uk:

We live under the same flag, the same monarchy, the same parliament, FFS we even have the same passport that confirms this.

Are FIFA/UEFA really going to tell us we cant play in another British league? doh

i think you make a valid point here, what people forget is the english league is so full of debt its unreal, i think in the future the english league will be found out and sactions put in place as the money spending down there is crazy and clubs arn't living within there means. I am happy to remain in scotland if there is a complete overhaul at the sfa