Transfers

Liverpool did try and sign him a few years back I think?

Even still, the fact he was available surely should have allerted quite a few clubs. Any idea how much he signed for Fiorentina for?

Same with Demba Ba, if he truly is available for £7m then surely someone should snap him up!

Around 15.5 million Euro's.

He was attracting interest from many clubs around Europe, even teams such as Man City/Chelsea, however he wanted to go to a club he was certain to be first choice and one of the main stars, although I'm surprised he picked a club not playing in the UCL.

If he was going to go to Italy i'd have thought Napoli.

If he was going to go to Italy i'd have thought Napoli.

That's a good shout, replacing Cavani.

Still, if Spurs had payed that money, he'd be first choice forward, just couldn't ever really imagine him in a Spurs shirt.

Sky sources understand Wayne Rooney is unhappy at Manchester United and is looking to leave.

Sources close to Rooney claim the 27-year-old England international striker is "angry and confused" about his treatment by the club.

Reporter Kaveh Solhekol told Sky Sports News: "Rooney believes he is at the peak of his career and has no intention of becoming a squad rotation player or by playing second fiddle to anyone at Old Trafford.

"He believes he has nothing left to prove after nine successful seasons - yet that is what is being suggested by reports in the media which have interpreted the club's statement as meaning he's currently on trial for the coming season.

"Since he's returned from the pre-season tour due to injury, Rooney has been in touch with the club and spoken to David Moyes on the phone - he is angry and confused at the way he's been treated."

Rooney has been linked with a transfer to both Arsenal and Chelsea in recent weeks and it is understood he is open to the idea of moving to London from the North West.

He also expects to be fit for the start of the new season despite flying home from Bangkok last week due to a hamstring problem.

Rooney has two years left on his current contract at Old Trafford but new chief executive Ed Woodward revealed at the weekend that an extension is not on United's agenda.

Woodward said: "No contract renewals are being discussed. I am not sitting down with any player on an extension and there is no trigger date in the diary.

"Would we be afraid to run a contract down? Of course not."

United manager David Moyes still sees Rooney as a key member of his squad, but he said at the weekend: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him.

"Wayne can play up on his own, he can play dropped in. It's going to be a time to see how I work with Wayne.

"Manchester United isn't about Wayne Rooney. Manchester United is about the team - the club.

"I won't allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club and the football team, because that's the heart of it."

Sky sources understand Wayne Rooney is unhappy at Manchester United and is looking to leave.

Sources close to Rooney claim the 27-year-old England international striker is "angry and confused" about his treatment by the club.

Reporter Kaveh Solhekol told Sky Sports News: "Rooney believes he is at the peak of his career and has no intention of becoming a squad rotation player or by playing second fiddle to anyone at Old Trafford.

"He believes he has nothing left to prove after nine successful seasons - yet that is what is being suggested by reports in the media which have interpreted the club's statement as meaning he's currently on trial for the coming season.

"Since he's returned from the pre-season tour due to injury, Rooney has been in touch with the club and spoken to David Moyes on the phone - he is angry and confused at the way he's been treated."

Rooney has been linked with a transfer to both Arsenal and Chelsea in recent weeks and it is understood he is open to the idea of moving to London from the North West.

He also expects to be fit for the start of the new season despite flying home from Bangkok last week due to a hamstring problem.

Rooney has two years left on his current contract at Old Trafford but new chief executive Ed Woodward revealed at the weekend that an extension is not on United's agenda.

Woodward said: "No contract renewals are being discussed. I am not sitting down with any player on an extension and there is no trigger date in the diary.

"Would we be afraid to run a contract down? Of course not."

United manager David Moyes still sees Rooney as a key member of his squad, but he said at the weekend: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is, if for any reasons we had an injury to Robin van Persie, we'll need him.

"Wayne can play up on his own, he can play dropped in. It's going to be a time to see how I work with Wayne.

"Manchester United isn't about Wayne Rooney. Manchester United is about the team - the club.

"I won't allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club and the football team, because that's the heart of it."

Popcorn time.

Maybe not quite that much but I do think he's one of the best strikers around.

Interestingly, if Ibra stays, Ligue 1 will be the host of Ibra, Cavani and Falcao. Three of the best 5/6 strikers in the world imo.

The way Rooney has disrespected that club , the great Sir Alex Ferguson and the supporters of man united he's lucky they don't run down his contract and stick him in the reserves

The supporters still haven't forgot the way he done it the first time

There was a gang of around 40 of them outside his house last time , god knows what they will do this time

He's at the biggest club in the world, best supported in the world and is a football icon because of hat club and he has treated them with absolute disrespect

Who the fuck is Rooney in the list of great players from that club to decide he should demand this and that

Guys like best, Charlton, law , cantona, Robson never disrespected them and knew what a top club it is/was

Rooney is nowhere near that level of those guys and he thinks he should be this and that, makes me sick

I hope united sell him and he goes into obscurity and united win title after title and get it right up him

The way Rooney has disrespected that club , the great Sir Alex Ferguson and the supporters of man united he's lucky they don't run down his contract and stick him in the reserves

The supporters still haven't forgot the way he done it the first time

There was a gang of around 40 of them outside his house last time , god knows what they will do this time

He's at the biggest club in the world, best supported in the world and is a football icon because of hat club and he has treated them with absolute disrespect

Who the fuck is Rooney in the list of great players from that club to decide he should demand this and that

Guys like best, Charlton, law , cantona, Robson never disrespected them and knew what a top club it is/was

Rooney is nowhere near that level of those guys and he thinks he should be this and that, makes me sick

I hope united sell him and he goes into obscurity and united win title after title and get it right up him

He's a grade A cunt

How is Rooney not at that level? :lol:

He's been at the club nearly ten years is the fourth highest goalscorer of all time. He's done more for Man United than Eric Cantona did, the same guy who kicked a fan, is that not disrespecting the club?

Is asking for a transfer to leave the club not disrespecting the club? Cantona also did this and Ferguson refused to let him go. Rooney has a bigger claim to be a legend at Man United than Cantona has!

You having a laugh ?

Ask any united fan cantona or Rooney

Haha

Cantona literally changed that club

Voted their greatest ever player. (I don't agree btw as best was greater than them all)

Your mental