Transfers

I'm not questioning him wanting over 16k, I'm questioning him wanting 60k.

One good season doesn't merit a pay rise as large as that, especially with his goals to game ratio last season, which was fucking horrendous for a guy that started more than his fair share of games.

If I was a regular starter at both Man U and England and I saw players like Carrol, Berbatov and Torres all earning well over £100k a week and I was on 16k. I would be demanding a hefty payrise. I personally think he is a bit overrated. He might end up very good but he isnt yet. However I doubt very much that any top 4 (or Liverpool, Chelsea) club in the league has a regular starting forward on less than 60k a week so he has a point.

L'Equipe: Ibra to get €14.5m net from PSG, talks continue today. Contract to inc % of merchandise sales, Al-Jaz foreign TV rights etc.

This is good (tu) It is important for Zlatan to get a good % of merchandise sales as his shirt will surely be the most sold in La Ligue 1 history ! :lol: I'm gonna buy it :P

I'm very impressed with Spurs' signings so far.

If they add Lloris, I'd be expecting at least a trophy next year.

I'm not so sure. Most of them look like being "like for like" signings so far.

Vertoghen has basically replaced King, Siggurdson will probably be VDV's replacement, Moutinho will replace Modric and Adebayor was already there last season.

Although you could make arguments about who is better in all of the cases, I think Lloris is the only one who you would look at and say that's a definite improvement on what they already had in a typical starting line up.

I think they will remain in the same position next year, unless they make another signing or two who really are better than the players they currently have in that position.