Grant Holt hands in transfer request at Norwich

Nor would I, especially if they don't get Adebayor.

I'd be really surprised if Adebayor was at Spurs next season.

Saha is getting on and will probably spend most of the season injured so that only leaves Defoe so they'll be on the look out for a striker.

Think he'd link up well with Van Der Vaart.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck sake :rolleyes: football, the PL especially, is hoaching with this type of player- you're actually shite but have 1 decent season and let the media convince you that you are world class and let your agent convince you that you need more cash than the multiple thousands you earn a week, then stab the manager/club/fans that got you there in the back by pretty much forcing a transfer. i'm ashamed that we signed jelavic this way (naismith situation was different) it just isn't right IMO.

fuck sake :rolleyes: football, the PL especially, is hoaching with this type of player- you're actually shite but have 1 decent season and let the media convince you that you are world class and let your agent convince you that you need more cash than the multiple thousands you earn a week, then stab the manager/club/fans that got you there in the back by pretty much forcing a transfer. i'm ashamed that we haved signed jelavic this way (naismith situation was different) it just isn't right IMO.

(tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu)

Makes sense if he wants an England career.

He has had a better season than every English striker apart from Rooney and still didnt get picked so he obviously needs to move to a bigger club.

He's 31 this was his last chance to play at a major tournament.

Makes sense if he wants an England career.

He has had a better season than every English striker apart from Rooney and still didnt get picked so he obviously needs to move to a bigger club.

To be fair, Ruddy got called up playing for Norwich (tu)

Newcastle would be a good move for him. He's from Carlisle which isn't far off.

I think this is the key to it. He has two young kids now and all his family (and his wifes) are up here. He has always wanted to be back up this end but has never really been in demand enough to get a club up here.

Am I the only one that doesn't get the Newcastle link?

Demba Ba has been playing wide on the left recently with Cisse being the lone striker, so if Ba is sold Holt won't be able to play that position!

Newcastle are going to need a bigger squad for Europe next season but I can't see Holt leaving Norwich where he is captain to play a rotation role at Newcastle.

Grant Holt owes Norwich nothing. If a big club like Everton or Newcastle has bid for him, they should give him a shot at it.

Everton would be avoid fit for him I think!

But your right, Holt and Hoolahan have been with Nowrich from league one I'm sure, Holt has worked his ticket IMO.

Everton would be avoid fit for him I think!

But your right, Holt and Hoolahan have been with Nowrich from league one I'm sure, Holt has worked his ticket IMO.

If they hadn't signed Jelavic, I'd agree.

Holt and Jelavic would be powerful, fantastic finishers and a great first touch between them, but very one paced.

Although I do think It doesn't really matter with Goalies.

Regardless of what team you play for in the Premier League you are playing against the top teams.

If you can prove yourself in a team like Norwich against the top teams in the PL then why the hell would you not be in with a good shout.

What I will say though is that this just screams of his agent being made aware of some interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Comments on twitter:

"Just to stop the rumour mill again. I have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the football club. Due to disagreements."
"I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first."

That grammar :lol: :lol: