***The official Euro 2012 thread***

Van Bommel saying that the black Dutch players were subjected to monkey chants during an open training session.

I really hope this tournament isnt overshadowed by this nonesense. It's 2012, not 1970 FFS :anguish:

I heard that, it's a disgrace, I also heard that 50 polish thugs went into a bar and punched and kicked English speaking foreigners, I think it's in the daily mail not sure though

Our offence without a question rely on Dortmund trio. Piszczek and Kuba on a right side can rip apart any defence now and then, certainly whoever Poland will play those guys will create some clear situations for strikers. And they know exactly what kind of passes Lewandowski expects, what kind of crosses he needs, how he moves on the pitch etc; this is huge for a national team to have 3 of their best players from one team, really.

Interesting though that goals in last friendlies were scored after actions from left side, I suppose teams concentrate a lot on securing right side and left is a bit open. But still, left side does not compare in terms of skill.

Defence in the other hand is very shaky, luckily we have Szczesny on board.

Players from first eleven:

GK: Szczesny

Rb: Piszczek

CB: Wasilewski (11/12 Belgian champion with Anderlecht Bruksela, very charismatic, build like a bull, but not good with the ball)

CB: Perquis (Starter in Sochaux, pretty much opposite of Wasilewski, not so strong but more technical skills)

LB: Boenisch (Bench player from Werder Brema, worst player in first eleven, he is solid player when healthy but he is just back from 2 year injury and that is clearly visible)

RW: Blaszczykowski ©

DM: Murawski (Lech Poznan, nothing special, just average; played in Champions League with Rubin Kazan season ago)

DM: Polanski (FSV Mainz, average Bundesliga defensive midfildier, more often seen in offence than Murawski though)

LW: Rybus (Young gun from Terek Grozny, had a very good season in competetive Russia league but certainly there are more interesting left wingers out there)

AM: Obraniak (Was a starter at Champions League side Lille, but with Joe Cole arrival he become just a rotation guy what haven't suited him; moved to Bordaux in winter and become a leader of a midfield there, great spring round for him, another in-form guy)

S: Lewandowski

Bench: mediocre players with exception of Wolski and Grosicki. Brozek got on board so you got the picture.

Crappy defence - good offence kind of teams are fun to watch, but they do not last long. We are in easiest group possible though and we play at home, so i guess everything can happen.

Last games:

4:0 Andora

1:0 Slovakia

1:0 Latvia

0:0 Portugal

2:1 Hungary

2:2 Germany

Can't wait till the kick off, most important National team game in 30 years :rolleyes: Cheers

With the Dortmund trio, i see Poland and Russia for 1st and 2nd in this group. Love watching them 3 play (not seen much of them but when i have they have been good) Lewandowski is going to be their top player, see him getting a few important goals. I hope Poland get by the groups.

Poland: Szczesny, Piszczek, Wasilewski, Perquis, Boenisch, Murawski, Polanski, Blaszczykowski, Obraniak, Rybus, Lewandowski

Greece: Chalkias, Torosidis, Papastathopoulos, A Papadopoulos, Holebas, Maniatis, Katsouranis, Karagounis, Ninis, Gekas, Samaras

There's pandering to their audience and not knowing anything about the teams so just talking about England instead. I get it though.

And yes, Kenny Logan's a jammy bastard.

They are talking about the Irish and Dutch now. :pipe:

My feeling is they are not talking about Scotland, Wales etc because they are too pish to get to the tournament. :craphead: