Helicopter Sunday 2005

G.E.C.

7 years on since that amazing day at Easter Road.

Everyone will remember their own experience. I wasn't at the actual game but went to Ibrox later on.

There has been 2 ever since, but nothing beats the original.

the best title decider in my lifetime was 2003. winning the title on goal difference days after the taigs got fucked in seville, then finishing the season by winning the treble felt good.

That was a great day too. We all wore wee plastic Policeman's helmets at Ibrox to signify that we had been watching the Bill... uk.gif

I don't know what it was about that time in 2005, but I have never celebrated that first goal as much in my life.

At that time, I was going on the Betfair chat forum, and it was infested with them.

I learned a hell of a lesson there,

They were far better informed about US than we were, and we by comparison knew less about Clitec, because we do not obsess about them.

This is now coming back to haunt us, because they became the little internet warriors we now see, and our lot are just waking up to it.

At the time, they were bragging about when they would win it, and which ground they would prefer to win it at, and myself and another bear kept quietly reminding them, for weeks, that they hadn't won shit yet, that we could still catch them, and on the night it happened, all but one had disappeared from the forum, and he actually praised us for sticking by the Bears while all appeared doomed.

It was brilliant.

Everyone will remember their own experience. I wasn't at the actual game but went to Ibrox later on.

My son and I were there.

At one point he was crying his eyes out saying we are not going to do it then it happened.

We were an hour in the ground at the end then left to get the supporters bus thinking we would be late.

We were the first ones there :lol:

Saw a mate who had driven boys through in a limo and knew he always had extra champers in the boot.

Said to the bus driver we would be back soon and headed to the limo to see my mate.

Got the plonk then headed back to the bus where nearly everyone was on by now.

Son was not allowed to be a member of the bus previously but when he went on with the champers that was waived for the day.

The reason he was not allowed to be a member was he was 7 but never did we miss a game home and away that season.

Deserved rep for one of the most enjoying days my family has ever had.

Well except for the wife who was probably in some shop in Glasgow at the time :lol:

Our family memory but thanks for bringing it back

:clap::21::clap:

Absolute scorcher of a day remember it well was only 11 didnt have setanta and the only game on radio was the celtic game wasn't up for listening to that especially with them being 1-0 up so switched off didnt turn it on again till final 10 mins was sure they had won the league when i heard motherwell scored i honestly could not believe it ran up stairs with joy to come back and find out motherwell had scored a second and that was it Rangers were champions one of my greatest childhood memories 7 years ago ? its hard to believe it was that long ago

I watched the game in the pub with my old man and you couldn't move. When the Macdonald goal went in I was just handing him a pint which went flying in the air. We had beer dripping off the ceiling onto us for 20mins!!! But we were to busy celebrating to care, didn't even realise Motherwell scored a second till after the final whistle!!!

Second best day as a Rangers fan for me. After winning the league at the piggery.

Hands down my best ever day as a Rangers fan. Was sitting watching the game in the house absolutely dejected, then bang, McDonald's first went in, I nearly broke my rib when I jumped up to celebrate with my brother. When the second went in I couldn't believe it. What started as a quiet Sunday ended up with me out on the ran-dan till Monday night.

The only thing that would beat that is seeing liewell and the bigot Lennon get ran over by a combine harvester. :clap:

I was in the house watching both games, feeling pretty low, and then with about 10 minutes to go saw Petrov going ballistic shouting at a linesman over a throw-in that didn't seem important, that was when I realised that they were starting to crack up.

Marvin Andrews won us a title just on faith, what a man.