Gattuso's agent jets in for talks.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there have been umpteen threads over the time on this guy, but having read the papers this morning I would LOVE to see this guy back at ibrox!

It shows that maybe we should be doing more of this type of thing with youth players, bringing them in and embracing the feeder club role rather than opposing it. I do conceed however, that he did get his chance in the first team squad, when since then we seem to be reluctant to do so (even under Walter Smith).

I would love to see him back at Ibrox, for the next two years. I hope as rumour has it that the deal is already done although I can understand that we must deny this and that he is saying sort this out and I will come. Ive heard other views about who you would sacrafice to have him in the team, I feel that he would be on the first team list every game and it almost doesnt matter who would be sacraficed. This guy works his socks off in every game I have seen and is the perfect example of a TRUE RANGER

I sat up all last night because he was playing in the 2006 WC final against France. Mixing it with the best in the world, zidane, riberier, henry and that was just a few of the French. I would love to see him back and to play for his heart and not just for the money.

Sure the same was said of weir?? Rino would stroll the s.p.l in his sleep!! Mccabe and ness would learn bundles from him and davis might learn to put a tackle in now and again

Couldn't agree more.

Sure the same was said of weir?? Rino would stroll the s.p.l in his sleep!! Mccabe and ness would learn bundles from him and davis might learn to put a tackle in now and again

Spot on,there is so much more a player can give than just kicking a ball.

A guy with his experience and winning mentality can bring good things to our club whether it be playing well,helping others to play well or just showing an example to others on getting stuck in. (tu)

I don't think it's as simple as saying "oh, but look at David Weir" because for every David Weir there is as much a chance that you might get a James Beattie or a Jerome Rothern.

However, with the Italian lifestyle and the reputation that Milan have for their methods and the way it allows players to play until they are well in to their 30's, and in some cases close to their 40's, I think Gattuso will be alright and do just fine.

Even at his age, it'll be a marquee signing that will excite the majority of our fans and it's exactly the sort of pick me up that the fans deserve.

People concerned over Gattuso's age, you don't need to have an incredible engine to do what he does though even still he does have that for his age, he has his experience to break up attacks and protect the defense which none of our current players offer, possibly McCabe in time but he seems a more technically gifted CM than CDM (keeps things ticking more than breaking up attacks).

I don't think it's as simple as saying "oh, but look at David Weir" because for every David Weir there is as much a chance that you might get a James Beattie or a Jerome Rothern.

However, with the Italian lifestyle and the reputation that Milan have for their methods and the way it allows players to play until they are well in to their 30's, and in some cases close to their 40's, I think Gattuso will be alright and do just fine.

Even at his age, it'll be a marquee signing that will excite the majority of our fans and it's exactly the sort of pick me up that the fans deserve.

To be fair Gattuso was wanted by Millan for a couple more years or so and ive read theirs PL clubs who want him too. Beattie hadnt played for 18 months coz he fell out with Stoke City manager and unfortunetly was one of Walters worst ever signings, i cant say the same of Gattuso first time around.

@MilanDiavolo: It's being reported that Gattuso will be signing a 3 years contract with Rangers, if the Embargo is over the next week.

On twitter then its followed by

@MilanDiavolo: If the embargo is called off, then Gattuso's agent will return on Wednesday to Scotland, for defining the final details.

Promising stuff :)

@MilanDiavolo: It's being reported that Gattuso will be signing a 3 years contract with Rangers, if the Embargo is over the next week.

On twitter then its followed by

@MilanDiavolo: If the embargo is called off, then Gattuso's agent will return on Wednesday to Scotland, for defining the final details.

Promising stuff :)

Amazing if true