The Bitter Scotsman

gsa

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with this a lot, saying that i do get annoyed when there is a game on at 5 o'clock which doesnt involve england and fifteen minutes be4 it they are talking bout england

i am supporting england a bit but want a russia croatia final( which prob wont happen i know :( )

Says a Northern Ireland fan. :craphead:

Oh the irony.

Difference is we know we are utter shite and we won't ever make it to a tournament in my life time. But a lot of fans of the SFA team seem to think they have a chance when Scotland is now at the same level as Northern Ireland which is just sad. The history Scotland has in football with past players etc, it is pathetic.

Difference is we know we are utter shite and we won't ever make it to a tournament in my life time. But a lot of fans of the SFA team seem to think they have a chance when Scotland is now at the same level as Northern Ireland which is just sad. The history Scotland has in football with past players etc, it is pathetic.

Don't know any Scotland fans that think Scotland can qualify myself, how many do you know that have said different ?

Don't know any Scotland fans that think Scotland can qualify myself, how many do you know that have said different ?

Do you not sense the media in Scotland from tabloids and radio still think Scotland can get to tournaments? That is the way it comes across to me. A sense of doing it.

Do you not sense the media in Scotland from tabloids and radio still think Scotland can get to tournaments? That is the way it comes across to me. A sense of doing it.

Aye right you. :lol:

So the media over there completely downplay any chance Northern Ireland have ? The media in any Country are supposed to be optimistic and positive with the national side, if they didn't they'd deal with floods of complaints and boycotts.

I personally couldn't spend my time with cunts who hate us and hope we die while they jump about in skirts with that "love us love us" attitude like the taigs. While also funding the pockets of the cunts trying to destroy us. But I do like to see the national team win (tu)

Thats just me though. :)

How can you fly the Britain flag, but despise a country the flag represents? The irony is fucking unreal.

I personally couldn't spend my time with cunts who hate us and hope we die while they jump about in skirts with that "love us love us" attitude like the taigs. While also funding the pockets of the cunts trying to destroy us. But I do like to see the national team win (tu)

Thats just me though. :)

How can you fly the Britain flag, but despise a country the flag represents? The irony is fucking unreal.

Who ?

When it comes to International football England are Scotlands biggest rival/enemy. It is not unusual to see people want to see their rivals fail. How many here love it when Celtic fail in Europe?

For most it is not hatred of the english but sporting rivalry from the teams with the oldest International fixture in the World.

I do remember seeing Ian Wright a few years ago on a pre match program not involving England interupting other pundits trying to talk about the match in hand wanting to talk only about England and thinking what a dick though.

When it comes to International football England are Scotlands biggest rival/enemy. It is not unusual to see people want to see their rivals fail. How many here love it when Celtic fail in Europe?

For most it is not hatred of the english but sporting rivalry from the teams with the oldest International fixture in the World.

I do remember seeing Ian Wright a few years ago on a pre match program not involving England interupting other pundits trying to talk about the match in hand wanting to talk only about England and thinking what a dick though.

Ian Wright has also said that he understands the fact Scotland and all the home nations dont support the English, cos hed never support any other home nation either. Support your own nation or dont im sure we 're all big and ugly enough to handle a few ribbings?!

i'm Scottish but couldn,t give a fuck about the national team,or the fucking tartan army.

As another poster said all this shit with the SPL/SFA has only intensified my distain for the tartan army who's followers are no doubt the ones screaming from the rooftops about sporting integrity while their shitty little clubs have scavanged the crumbs from our table for years.

We need to wake up and realise that not only ceptic but pretty much the whole of scottish football despise us,so i say fuck them all.

no one likes us we dont care.

You think Scotland as a footballing nation is pathetic... but you support our country's premier football team? Nice one. (tu):5260:

What has the tartan army got to do with the National Team? I hear that excuse every single time for someone not supporting Scotland! It is simply those with warped views trying to justify why they won't support their national team.

Not everyone agrees with parts of the Rangers support but does that stop you? What if the support changed and you hated it, would you stop supporting Rangers?

Simple answer is no.

I don't want Scotland to fail. However I certainly don't define my Scottishness by hating England.

100% agree! I want to see England to well in the big tournaments, I also understand that a lot of guys don't. But let's not over egg the pudding. Most people would admit that it's just banter. You see the exact same thing between the Aussies and the Kiwis especially in the rugby world. It's like you might have been with your brother you slag the shit out of each other but when it comes to the crunch youd take a beating for each other. Just as it's our English brothers and cousins that died in the trenches of WW1, During WW2, the Falklands, Iraq and Afghanistan shoulder to shoulder with us.

Well I can't understand why anyone would want our fellow Brits to do badly.

Most English people couldn't give a fuck either way about Scotland...

well, i think if you re-read your own statement you might find a subtle wee clue why some scots feel so...

I love Scotland and always support them, but when it comes to England I really don't mind. In saying that though if I'm with my mates I'll support the other team, mainly because they are all anti-english but personally I actually quite like the team.

I'm always interested in the England team/squad selections and how they set up, probably due to watching the majority Of their players week-in-week-out in the Premiership. Although the media can be extremely annoying when it comes to the English national team.

I had a full out argument with my mate last night, he wanted to punch me cause I said I wanted England to do well in the Euros.

Way I see it is I love following the EPL, the England players play in that League so why not watch them all together as a team and wish them well.

Scotland are shite, and the tartan army hates Rangers :pipe: