STV News

Did anybody else see this tonight?? somebody connected with dundee utd says the TV companies should come clean about their plans before clubs should be made to vote on a newco. Are these cunts for real???? So basically if the TV deal is the same we are rejected and if its less we get accepted.. :wanker:

Did anybody else see this tonight?? somebody connected with dundee utd says the TV companies should come clean about their plans before clubs should be made to vote on a newco. Are these cunts for real???? So basically if the TV deal is the same we are rejected and if its less we get accepted.. :wanker:

There's no chance of the new deal being the same or better with or without us. Sky will be looking to reduce the amount they pay for the SPL.

If it's reduced then the SPL is fucked.

Clubs are surving by the skin of their teeth as it is.

I think this is why a lot of the statements from the SPL and the member clubs chairmen have been defiant. Theres a few making plenty of noise that they would vote against this or vote against that. I believe they are using the situation to play games with Sky. Even though Sky will want to renew at a reduced price they wont want to lose the deal altogether or more to the point be given a reason to terminate it.

"Give us (at the very least) the same deal, or we vote against a newco etc"

Its the last throw of the dice from a very desperate group of men in my opinion.

This is what really angers me. Don't chastise us and seek to hold our past mistakes (which were made by individuals rather than the club) over our heads whilst making it clear through such comments that money is all that matters.

It was yet another lets laugh and kick Rangers, in all honesty i really dont know what we really did to have everone hate us so..They kept saying they want to know if they will get tv money. I really cant see sky spending money to watch a league where excluding us this year Motherwell were like 40points behind, thats not a competition, its a farce. :wanker:

............in all honesty i really dont know what we really did to have everone hate us so....

We kept winning things. If we wanted them to like us, we should of lost all the time!

i think Sky would pull the SPL all together.

they are ruthless. Sky have always had a great relationship with Ricky Hatton, he made them millions selling PPV's as a fighter, and since retiring has done loads of pundit work for them. Hatton now has his own promotions company with a great stable of young, hungry fighters. His biggest name in his company though was Anthony Crolla who was being hyped up to win a world title. He lost however on a Hatton show broadcast by Sky in a British title fight.

A week or 2 later, Sky pulled the plug and told Hatton by text that they were terminating his contracts & won't be showing anymore Hatton promotions on Sky. My opinion is that none of his fighters, the producers feel, bring in enough viewers, and since Crolla (his biggest name) lost, there doesnt really bring in much attraction. Hatton was understandibly bitter about the whoel thing, but thats how Sky operate.

When sky buy the SPL, they purchase Old Frims, followed by Rangers/Celtic away matches, then 3rdly, they throw in the odd non-OF tie such as Hibs/Hearts.

Without Rangers they lose 50% of the games they show, + the 4 OF's which bring in the viewers and the advertisers. I'd imagine that the viewing figures of the 4 OF's combined obliterate all the other Scottish matches they show combined, because the OF matches are the only ones anyone outside of Glasgow are interested in watching. The only other method of bringing in viewers is when we have a title race to get the interest up.

I honestly think Sky will either pull the plug right away, or at least, a reduced contract for 1 season and pull the plug for 2013-14 when the 2012-13 viewing figures fall on their arse.

We are then looking at a domino effect. Without the TV deals there is less exposure & sponsorships have less value. With less TV revenue & less sponsorship money, wage & trasnfer budgets fall dramatically.

effectively everything has to be downsized, the quality inevtibaly will drop. If this isn;t done properly, other teams will go bust, and worst case scenario is Scottish football will collapse.

Celtic will continue to argue they can cope with the changes and take them in thier stride. I respect that, i would probably argue the same. But will the clubs around them? If inverness & Dunfermline start collapsing like Gretna did, how can a team cope in a farcical league with teams unable to fufill fixtures? The walls around them could crumble.

If that does happen, everyone needs to rebuild, and we could look at it from the viewpoint we have had 1-2 years of a headstart in the rebuilding process.

What lies ahead for Scottish Football in the next 2-3 years if Rangers start from Div 3 is going to be intereseting, with alot of twists & turns, and sadly, i think alot of lost jobs may be on the horizon.

they are ruthless. Sky have always had a great relationship with Ricky Hatton, he made them millions selling PPV's as a fighter, and since retiring has done loads of pundit work for them. Hatton now has his own promotions company with a great stable of young, hungry fighters. His biggest name in his company though was Anthony Crolla who was being hyped up to win a world title. He lost however on a Hatton show broadcast by Sky in a British title fight.

A week or 2 later, Sky pulled the plug and told Hatton by text that they were terminating his contracts & won't be showing anymore Hatton promotions on Sky. My opinion is that none of his fighters, the producers feel, bring in enough viewers, and since Crolla (his biggest name) lost, there doesnt really bring in much attraction. Hatton was understandibly bitter about the whoel thing, but thats how Sky operate.

When sky buy the SPL, they purchase Old Frims, followed by Rangers/Celtic away matches, then 3rdly, they throw in the odd non-OF tie such as Hibs/Hearts.

Without Rangers they lose 50% of the games they show, + the 4 OF's which bring in the viewers and the advertisers. I'd imagine that the viewing figures of the 4 OF's combined obliterate all the other Scottish matches they show combined, because the OF matches are the only ones anyone outside of Glasgow are interested in watching. The only other method of bringing in viewers is when we have a title race to get the interest up.

I honestly think Sky will either pull the plug right away, or at least, a reduced contract for 1 season and pull the plug for 2013-14 when the 2012-13 viewing figures fall on their arse.

We are then looking at a domino effect. Without the TV deals there is less exposure & sponsorships have less value. With less TV revenue & less sponsorship money, wage & trasnfer budgets fall dramatically.

effectively everything has to be downsized, the quality inevtibaly will drop. If this isn;t done properly, other teams will go bust, and worst case scenario is Scottish football will collapse.

Celtic will continue to argue they can cope with the changes and take them in thier stride. I respect that, i would probably argue the same. But will the clubs around them? If inverness & Dunfermline start collapsing like Gretna did, how can a team cope in a farcical league with teams unable to fufill fixtures? The walls around them could crumble.

If that does happen, everyone needs to rebuild, and we could look at it from the viewpoint we have had 1-2 years of a headstart in the rebuilding process.

What lies ahead for Scottish Football in the next 2-3 years if Rangers start from Div 3 is going to be intereseting, with alot of twists & turns, and sadly, i think alot of lost jobs may be on the horizon.

Back page of The Daily Record was sent on Twitter. Yes, the 110 million deal could be on the scrapheap, but no, they don't need Rangers.

Its more than that though. Just say a dozen bears go to their local to watch the game at 12:30 on a Sunday, the same guys will stay and watch the game at 14.30 and then the match at 17.00. These guys will spend £400 between them twice a month. That pays for the pubs SKY subscription. Multiply that a few hundred times around the country and your talking serious dough. For SKY the Rangers games are a feeder for the rest of the days games. SKY will be fucking fuming if the SPL reject Rangers.

It's a fair point why would anyone pay to televise a one team league?

The truth is Sky were only interested in the wee diddy teams so they could get the Old Firm games