In the Unlikely Event of Having No League

OakleyBear

<BR>Probably ra selik..<BR><BR><BR>hail hail n aw that jazz.<BR>

Turning up at Porkheid every two weeks with our Union Jacks - "Hallo Hallo we are the fenian boys!"

The Glasgow Rangers Celtic Loyal: "If Carlsberg did Irony" branch!

(Sorry - to far?)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was no Rangers to follow, I am about to move house, and my closest team would be Nottingham Forest, so, because they were local, and because I have a bit of a family history with them on my mum's side, probably go there for a couple of games.

So, three clubs of the five already stating they're about to sign their own death warrants and vote us out the SPL with at least two others likely to come too. Third Division it should be but are we really guaranteed to walk into the SFL? I'd like to think so but it's got to the point where I might need a backup plan for next season because as a football fan, I'll still need a dose of football. :(:mad:

So, horrible horrible question, if you could bring yourself to it, who would you follow watch if we just happened to be left with no competitive league? Personally, I'd feel the need to watch my local junior side Oakley Utd. On top of that, Dunfermline just a few miles down the road from me is also an option (just to watch) as I have quite a few Pars friends from my school days (in 'Dunfie') and they wouldn't have voted us out after being relegated. Costs a relative fortune to watch poor football though so that's probably rather unlikely. I'll always be a Rangers man and if you look to the SFL leagues, many many people watch local sides like Morton, Ayr Utd etc despite being Bears at heart. Is there anything wrong with going to another club's game in your local area? I'm still undecided.

Any thoughts?

OB

(edited to readdress the poorly worded question, sorry)

Id have to become a tim, get baptised and watch celtic win the CL next year. What a question mate :anguish: Rangers or no one simple as that, if you already watch your local junior team or whatever, good for you. But to support any other club that helped screw us over like Dunfermline would if they had a vote is a huge no no in my eyes.

The guy getting pelters for asking if anybody would go and "spectate" games of their local club or something just for something to do until we get a league to play in? No need fellas.

I probably wouldn't go to any football games, unless it was one of my mates. I may be tempted into an Ayr United cup tie but i usually cbf on the day and end up not going.

Not too sure if I'd have a great interest in the EPL, getting kind of fed up with it. Must have seen MotD about three times last season.

Don't know what I'd do, probably just watch the Champions League and Europa League and keep an eye on the league tables.

So, three clubs of the five already stating they're about to sign their own death warrants and vote us out the SPL with at least two others likely to come too. Third Division it should be but are we really guaranteed to walk into the SFL? I'd like to think so but it's got to the point where I might need a backup plan for next season because as a football fan, I'll still need a dose of football. :(:mad:

So, horrible horrible question, if you could bring yourself to it, who would you follow watch if we just happened to be left with no competitive league? Personally, I'd feel the need to watch my local junior side Oakley Utd. On top of that, Dunfermline just a few miles down the road from me is also an option (just to watch) as I have quite a few Pars friends from my school days (in 'Dunfie') and they wouldn't have voted us out after being relegated. Costs a relative fortune to watch poor football though so that's probably rather unlikely. I'll always be a Rangers man and if you look to the SFL leagues, many many people watch local sides like Morton, Ayr Utd etc despite being Bears at heart. Is there anything wrong with going to another club's game in your local area? I'm still undecided.

Any thoughts?

OB

(edited to readdress the poorly worded question, sorry)

You are just being a dick! The is RM! Eh? it's in the name!!! Please lock or delete thread admin, as this will just be about telling the OP to fuck off :rolleyes:

There will always be a Rangers even if we dont have a league exhibition and friendlies it will be ,fuck they can even play gatesy in my street if they want i,ll watch them as long as my Orange Lilys dont get broken or i.ll have tae bust their ba, lol

Exactly mate and even then I'll be wearing the green and gold.

I'll be cheering on Australia for sure. I just wish we played in the colours we SHOULD be playing in, which is Blue and Gold,because I'm a bit averse to the colour Green :rolleyes: but I'll still be wearing my Aussie scarf :clap::beer1:

Look - I could have written the original question better ok? I get that but calling me that is way beyond the mark. I've supported Rangers for the best part of 20 years. I don't have much money but I buy the strips and try to get along to Ibrox every now and again after saving up. Like the rest of you I've been seriously hurting since february - losing sleep every night - trying to explain to my two sons (who are also Rangers fans) what is happening to their team when the whole story changes on a day to day basis. Now you say that and twist the knife in all because I ask if it's right to even consider going into another teams ground. Thanks man, means a lot.

Well I'm probably a bit more mellow than these young fellas on here,so I'm not going to cast aspersions at your religion or doubt your allegiance to the Rangers,because I see where your question is coming from.

Yes you made a right balls of the way you penned your post,but I'm sure that you will get the hang of what is deemed as acceptable on RM.

The way I look at it is this. If you go to watch another professional team play football, it means you are paying money to watch it, and as far as I'm concerned, that's not a fucking option while we as a club and as a support are getting kicked from arshole to breakfast. :angry:

I hope you continue posting and redeem yourself so THEN we will see just how much of a Rangers man you are. :pipe::21:

Im actually down in Brighton and go back to Glasgow once a month for a game but having Brighton (the seagulls) right next door ive been a few times to see them.. However only one team is ever gonna be in my heart be it third division spl or a fucking made up league..

mon the Gers