SFL entry also requires a vote

Ricky_

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but it's being reported by the BBC that to gain entry to the SFL, it will be yet another vote, this time between the 30 SFL clubs from the 3 divisions. Which division we will be applying to is still unclear.

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

So, SFL board meeting today to discuss #Rangers. 75% of the 30 clubs must vote in favour to let them in. Still unclear which division.

Should this even be a vote? The alternative to Rangers would be the likes of Spartans & Cove Rangers, who i imagine have a miniscule fan base and a "stadium" unfit for professional football.

Should we be worried that 8 of the 30 chairmen are Rangers hating bigots aswell?

Is the move to join the SPL with SFL a move in order to try and bolster Rangers inclusion & perhaps change the rules. If it merges before a vote takes place, does it mean it's a vote between the 41 clubs instead of the 30?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us less au fait with the lower depths of the SFL, who are the 8 clubs run by taigs?

sorry i wasn't stating that there was, i was merely putting the question out there that all thats needed to block entry to the SFL would be 8 Rangers haters amongst the 30 lower league clubs.

Raith Rovers might be 1 for a start after the Transfer Embargo & Secret Court debacle.

This whole voting thing, should it not only be whether we get into the 1st division that there is a vote, because surely anybody could apply to join at the bottom of the 3rd division as there would be a vacant space, therefor it would just be the usual board that would decide upon our entry! No?

sorry i wasn't stating that there was, i was merely putting the question out there that all thats needed to block entry to the SFL would be 8 Rangers haters amongst the 30 lower league clubs.

Raith Rovers might be 1 for a start after the Transfer Embargo & Secret Court debacle.

Got it, my mistake (tu)

That said, would not surprise me, although i would expect that there are a lot of bear chairman in the SFL.

There is no way they will find 8 clubs to block us.

There would be at best one or two clubs per div that would take a stand through hatred or being influenced by the dark side.

The rest struggle to survive and will only see the massive paydays they will get from it.

The tims and SPL teams have no boycott threat in the SFL, so it's a no brainer for the SFL clubs.

Though I desperately hope it's div3 and not div1.

There is no way they will find 8 clubs to block us.

There would be at best one or two clubs per div that would take a stand through hatred or being influenced by the dark side.

The rest struggle to survive and will only see the massive paydays they will get from it.

The tims and SPL teams have no boycott threat in the SFL, so it's a no brainer for the SFL clubs.

Though I desperately hope it's div3 and not div1.

i honestly never thought that the SPL clubs would vote us out given the financial implications. Truth be told, i'm still astonished the likes of Aberdeen, who are borderline insolvent, would risk their own club going into adminsitration jut to score 1 over us. (Afterall, in the long term, we will always have the better future than that horrible hateful no mark club).

so i can't agree with you there, im taking nothing for granted now given how this whole saga has panned out.

Well, the thing you've got to look at is, if we're going to the First Division, what motivation do the Second and Third Division chairmen have to vote us in?

Should we be worried about this vote? We all said there was no way we wouldn't be in the SPL and look how that turned out!

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but it's being reported by the BBC that to gain entry to the SFL, it will be yet another vote, this time between the 30 SFL clubs from the 3 divisions. Which division we will be applying to is still unclear.

Should this even be a vote? The alternative to Rangers would be the likes of Spartans & Cove Rangers, who i imagine have a miniscule fan base and a "stadium" unfit for professional football.

Should we be worried that 8 of the 30 chairmen are Rangers hating bigots aswell?

Is the move to join the SPL with SFL a move in order to try and bolster Rangers inclusion & perhaps change the rules. If it merges before a vote takes place, does it mean it's a vote between the 41 clubs instead of the 30?

This skinny little cunt McGlaughlin is a rancid bheast who has been loving every second of this Rangers story - he will always say our cup is three-quarters empty when it is in fact three-quarters full.

I don't think anyone in Scottish football thinks that the SFL clubs will not welcome a NewCo Rangers into the 3rd Division other than rancid little skinny fucks like this wee BBC Scotland bastard McGlaughlin.

i honestly never thought that the SPL clubs would vote us out given the financial implications. Truth be told, i'm still astonished the likes of Aberdeen, who are borderline insolvent, would risk their own club going into adminsitration jut to score 1 over us. (Afterall, in the long term, we will always have the better future than that horrible hateful no mark club).

so i can't agree with you there, im taking nothing for granted now given how this whole saga has panned out.

These chairmen & their board of directors have a legal obligation to do whats best for the club and its shareholders.

Have they done that? Have they broken the law?

These chairmen & their board of directors have a legal obligation to do whats best for the club and its shareholders.

Have they done that? Have they broken the law?

i doubt theyve broken the law, or you could say that about every bad decision in hindsight. They would just argue they were threatened by their own fans not to show up with many saying they would be done with the club otherwise.

In the interests of sporting integrity, why would we or anyone else possibly expect us to parachute into Division 1?

I'm still not clear what the actual sporting reason is for us being expunged from the SPL.

there is no sporting reason

after an insolvancy event the club is supposed to drop down to the bottom of the leagues and start again from there.

The only reason there is going to be a vote is the diddies where worried about losing our cash generating ability.

there is no sporting reason

after an insolvancy event the club is supposed to drop down to the bottom of the leagues and start again from there.

The only reason there is going to be a vote is the diddies where worried about losing our cash generating ability.

Was that in the rules prior to us going into administration? That an insolvency meant application to Division 3?

Was that in the rules prior to us going into administration? That an insolvency meant application to Division 3?

Yes, as happened to Livingston and Gretna, but Gretna just liquidated completely so shortly after I doubt people even noticed.