Beckham not picked for Olympics

Bakoni

Pathetic decision why ever have him in the running giving him hope if you were never going to pick him. Very poor show, disgusted at Pearce. Becks has never said a bad word about anyone despite many being wanks to him. He deserved this last wee bit of glory, very sad to take that away from him :disappointment:

He should be the Manager considering they used his celebrity status to get the Olympics, but obviously sporting integrity has nothing to do with it, still there is always the European Song Contest for him and his wife doing a remix of the peters and lee classic welcome home.

Terrible decision.

Beckham has more ability in his right foot - still - than that wee pleb Bellamy has in his whole body.

I agree. I wonder of it's personal, rather than a football decision.

A few years ago when Beckham played for Milan in a friendly agianst Rangers at Ibrox after the game he stood in his strip and gave interviews for an hour. He could easily have brushed the Scottish media aside but answered every question done every interview and signed every autograph and only when they were finished he went to get changed.

Respect.

He's a good guy,just posted this on his Facebook

David Beckham

I remember from my time in Afghanistan the great job the Armed Forces do, day in day out. I’ll be showing my support for them tomorrow on Armed Forces Day and saying thank you to all our serving personnel, cadets, reservists and veterans

If I remember correctly he autographed his Milan shirt after our friendly and allowed it to be auctioned for The Rangers Charity Foundation.