The choice between Div3 & English Conference?

Ricky_

299 members have voted

1. 1. SFL3 or Conference?

• SFL3
    • Conference

Charles Greens statement on possibility of joining England at the RFFF:

He also looked at the possibility of buying Carlisle, but believes we cannot merge with an English club. We would have to start at the bottom of the conference if we were to go to England.

There are 2 levels of conference football in England, there is the Conf North & Conf South (6th tier), both have 2 promotion spots to Conference national (5th tier), where promotion leads to EFL League Two (4th tier), the League One, championship, Premiership.

We can't simply walk into any of these leagues as they are full, so i presume we woudl have to 'buy out' a club in the Conference National. If Green thinks this is a viable option, it would mean being placed in the 5th teir of English football.

Given the choice, would you rather Rangers started again from the foot of Scottish football, in the 4th tier, or drop to the 5th tier of English football?

In my view, as painful as it would be, i think for the long term future for this club that an application to the conference is a much greater option, if possible. Why? Well i wrote an article yesterday on reason why i think that Scotland will always hold Rangers back, because this country simply can't accomodate for a club our size to reach it's full potential. To read my reasons on why we need to exit Scotland: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=230346

I understand the arguement of "we're a Scottish club and should be playing in Scotland", i don't really buy that. The English league is as British as Team GB's football team anyway and we'd be representing Scotland in the worlds best league within a decade. Team GB is actually a good comparison, a chance for our young footballers to shine on a global stage and the small minded spastics who seem intent on ruining footballl in the country tell Scots not to compete in it, leaving the team to be made up of English and Welsh.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would probably have to join the Northern Premier or Northern league 1 and there would be a good chance as they are always moving teams about to get the right number of teams in each league.

So level 7 or 8

Would still take that, could be our last chance the SPL and SFL has no future well a part time one maybe.

Look at Wimbledon or evan Wigan, Wigan were a non league side it can be done.

it would have to be the conferance... the scottish set up is falling to bits and at best always has had a glass ceiling, the thing is getting in to the english league.. a just dont think the politics of scotland would alow it at the moment. the other scottish teams fukin hate us but need our money... they all be cunts!.lol

Nope not for me! As you have said, we are a Scottish team, we should be playing in Scotland! Whether you buy it or not, that's reality!

Also, this whole buyin out another team?! Do you really think teams are going to accept that? Would you be happy with someone coming in and buying over Rangers, changing their name and killing off our club?

Conference North, but heres what id propose in fairness, we buy our way in, we pay their players travel and we are wage and transfer fee capped. only because a club our size, similar to the problem sfl 1 division teams have with us joining is that its almost a given that we'd be promoted with the salaries and fees we can afford given our attendances and merchandise sales.

Might we be forced to go down the route of entry to the lower English divisions if the SFA somehow uphold the transfer embargo?

We really don't have a squad to be playing anywhere in Scotland if the embargo stands. If we were to be accepted to an English league, the embargo wouldn't come in to things at all and would give us the best opportunity to grow.

Might we be forced to go down the route of entry to the lower English divisions if the SFA somehow uphold the transfer embargo?

We really don't have a squad to be playing anywhere in Scotland if the embargo stands. If we were to be accepted to an English league, the embargo wouldn't come in to things at all and would give us the best opportunity to grow.

I don't think a transfer embargo will effect us going to England! I mean there's no way we could be admitted into the English league system in 3 weeks, so it would be next season we would be starting down south and there would be no embargo by then!

Having said that, there's no way England will happen anyway!

its not a pish idea at all...ffs starting off at level 7 or 8 is still better then d3. Alright we'd work our way up in 3 years but they'd be nothing left for as upon arrival to the spl, even if they do have 12 teams left to play can you imagine the damage to the euro co-efficiant, we'd be be promoted to a league equal to that of estonia or iceland, is that what you want? at least in england theres plenty of opportunites for big cup ties, trips to wembley via the jp trophy or some other decent ground for fa vase games etc.

plus there are some biggish clubs in the main conference division worth playing - luton town, wrexham, cambidge, lincoln, grimsby stockport....you cant tell me the likes of motherwell, killie, st johnstone, inverness and ross county are bigger then them!

If it was level 5 in England v level 4 in Scotland the answer would be fairly easy IMO.

If any of our players are willing to take 3 or more years to get back to a broken SPL then I'm sure they'd be willing to take 4 or more years to reach the EPL.

Lets say for talking sake that it took 4 years to reach the Championship (where it would then get a lot harder) the club would already be worth more than they would be in the SPL, and more importantly we'd get better games.

Either way it's a long road back.

Charles Greens statemeny on possibily of joining England at the RFFF:

There are 2 levels of conference fotball in England, there is the Conf North & Conf South, both have 2 promotion spots to Conference national.

We can't simply walk into any of these leagues as they are full, so i presume we woudl have to 'buy out' a club in the Conference National. If Green thinks this is a viable option, it would mean being placed in the 5th teir of English football.

Given the choice, would you rather Rangers started again from the foot of Scottish football, in the 4th tier, or drop to the 5th tier of English football?

In my view, as painful as it would be, i think for the long term future for this club that an application to the conference is a much greater option, if possible. Why? Well i wrote an article yesterday on reason why i think that Scotland will always hold Rangers back, because this country simply can't accomodate for a club our size to reach it's full potential. To read my reasons on why we need to exit Scotland: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=230346

I understand the arguement of "we're a Scottish club and should be playing in Scotland", i don't really buy that. The English league is as British as Team GB's football team anyway and we'd be representing Scotland in the worlds best league within a decade. Team GB is actually a good comparison, a chance for our young footballers to shine on a global stage and the small minded spastics who seem intent on ruining footballl in the country tell Scots not to compete in it, leaving the team to be made up of English and Welsh.

Why have a poll about a choice when the choice doesnt exist? sigh....

Nope not for me! As you have said, we are a Scottish team, we should be playing in Scotland! Whether you buy it or not, that's reality!

Also, this whole buyin out another team?! Do you really think teams are going to accept that? Would you be happy with someone coming in and buying over Rangers, changing their name and killing off our club?

CG has already said that there is a rule meaning we can't really buy out a team like Bury.

What i suggest is we pay another club to make way for us. I'm not sure what the legality of it is, say we offer a Conference National side (5th tier) £250,000 for their licence, meaning they start again from the very bottom (regionl leagues) but they are still the same club, smae ground, fans etc... it would be in everyone's best interests. These teams are part tiem and £250k is a huge amount of money which could buy them a couple of stands, effectivly the basis of forming a semi-pro club. That way they resign from the league and we take the open place in the conference.

Why have a poll about a choice when the choice doesnt exist? sigh....

Read the fucking minutes from VB at RFFF meeting. It's a poll on a suggestion made by Charles Green.

some amount of balloons on here.

CG has already said that there is a rule meaning we can't really buy out a team like Bury.

What i suggest is we pay another club to make way for us. I'm not sure what the legality of it is, say we offer a Conference National side (5th tier) £250,000 for their licence, meaning they start again from the very bottom (regionl leagues) but they are still the same club, smae ground, fans etc... it would be in everyone's best interests. These teams are part tiem and £250k is a huge amount of money which could buy them a couple of stands, effectivly the basis of forming a semi-pro club. That way they resign from the league and we take the open place in the conference.

UEFA dont allow clubs based in one country to play in another countries league just because they fancy it.

Some amount of balloons on here.

UEFA dont allow clubs based in one country to play in another countries league just because they fancy it.

Some amount of balloons on here.

thanks for that info. heard they don't allow goal line technology either.

Read the fucking minutes from VB at RFFF meeting. It's a poll on a suggestion made by Charles Green.

some amount of balloons on here.

okay lets pop your balloon then, you said he made a suggestion as documented in the minutes...

He also looked at the possibility of buying Carlisle, but believes we cannot merge with an English club. We would have to start at the bottom of the conference if we were to go to England.

I see no 'suggestion' there

He also says he 'believes' we cannot, thats not actually true...the statement is we cannot

Fair point. I'm forgetting how close we are to a new season.

Fair point. How about a New York Metros type team for a year, travel the world playing friendlies with retired or unattached 'stars' mixed with our youth.

Think even Wembley FC are doing something similar, think theyve recruited canniggia, seaman, parlour, Le Saux and el tel!

Then we start in the conference North next season....happy?