Raith Rovers inundated with cash following their stance against Rangers

robg58

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is we will fill there stadium for them when we play them next season..... :anguish:

Not with the travelling away-day Bears I know. The days of these clubs expecting a right good turn off a visit by Rangers FC is in the past.

We've realised we have the power to hurt them....and RR will get hurt.....trust me.

Wankers the lot of them. :wanker:

Not with the travelling away-day Bears I know. The days of these clubs expecting a right good turn off a visit by Rangers FC is in the past.

We've realised we have the power to hurt them....and RR will get hurt.....trust me.

Wankers the lot of them. :wanker:

Plenty will line up though....and our supporters organisations won't make a sound :disappointment:

So rather than give money to their own club which is drowning in debt and almost certainly facing administration, Aberdeen fans would rather donate money to a cause that now has nothing to do with them?

How empty and pathetic Dolly's life must be.

:lol: Their love of hating Rangers grows stronger every day :h34rt:

Headline 'Inundated with cash'

Text then says inundated with messages.

Scroll through the small print and find that the cash amount is £563...........

Who are their accountants - The Blue Knights

Surprised at such lazy journalism in Scotland :mutley:

Raith Rovers reveal fans support over newco stance

Published on Wednesday 11 July 2012 02:28

Raith Rovers have revealed the club have been inundated with messages of support following the Fifers hardline stance towards newco Rangers.

Starks Park director Turnbull Hutton has been vociferous in his insistence that the Glasgow outfit should not be allowed to resume life in Division One after they were dumped out of the top flight last week.

He also accused the SFA and SPL of blackmail following the financial doomsday scenarios presented by respective chief executives Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster if Rangers are demoted to the bottom rung of the SFL.

The uncompromising position adopted by Hutton and Rovers has been hailed by supporters of other clubs, with Aberdeen fans even chipping in to sponsor players at the cash-strapped Kirkcaldy club.

A statement read: Raith Rovers would like to take the opportunity to thank fans whove taken the time to contact us regarding the recent developments within Scottish football.

Whilst we may not have had time to respond to every message, they are all being read by the directors.

Weve also been monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social media. The response has been overwhelming and unexpected.

A few Aberdeen fans have grouped together to sponsor players for next season. One group, Aberdeen Fans For Sporting Integrity, are sponsoring Roary Rover and will donate the shirt to a local charity at the end of the season.

Raith supporters have been equally swift to show their appreciation for the clubs stance, with the amount of money raised by the Support Rovers campaign more than doubling in recent days.

With the club more than £1 million in debt, the funds will aid running costs and help pay for the arduous 500-mile round trip to Wick in the Ramsdens Cup later this month.

The statement added: This account was set up last year and initially the amount was quite modest, but in the last few days the flow of donations has increased.

On Thursday, the club received a £335 cheque from the account, making a total of £563. Many thanks to all who are contributing and keep up the good work.

I am originally from kirkcaldy and it makes me laugh as some of the directors have been there for years and years , Hutton , Caira etc all of whom have very successfull business ventures . You wonder why they cant Run rovers the same way ,oh but wait they are happy to scream out against us and our supposed ( I say this ) as not been found guilty of anything yet , misdemeanours . based on integrity ......My arse ........ sort your own Million pound debt out then , maybe then you can dig at other clubs . fuck Raith Rovers another who will regret havin a kick at us .

ma heids burstin.surely raith rovers are doing what most of us want .voting us into div 3? no?

Yer right bud, We want Div3 to hurt the SPL. They want us in 3 to hurt us. So they're still gonnae get the shitty stick off us at every opportunity on the way back up.

Its just the fuckin laughable bullshit of how the likes of the sheep are gonna keep the even diddier teams alive during our climb back to the top.

Theyre fans are so grateful im sure theyll buy enough season tickets to fill their stands for every game.

Nevermind, the only way theyll fill a stand is when the Rangers come to town.

Id be ashamed to support one of these teams, their fans clearly have no loyalty whatsoever. £563? What a joke of a club.

with Aberdeen fans even chipping in to sponsor players at the cash-strapped Kirkcaldy club.

One group, Aberdeen Fans For Sporting Integrity, are sponsoring Roary Rover and will donate the shirt to a local charity at the end of the season."

:sherlock: Div1 should be a walk in the park if these clubs are playing their mascots!! :pipe: