** Suggestions - official thread **

J_RFC87

McAllister is capable of playing at a far higher level than he does. He should have moved to an SPL club when he left Brechin. Fuck knows why he didn't, because I imagine he would make more money in the SPL than he would do as a plumber.

He's probably the best striker we will come up against in league competition this season, but with the players we currently have I don't think he would offer anything different to what we have.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McAllister is capable of playing at a far higher level than he does. He should have moved to an SPL club when he left Brechin. Fuck knows why he didn't, because I imagine he would make more money in the SPL than he would do as a plumber.

He's probably the best striker we will come up against in league competition this season, but with the players we currently have I don't think he would offer anything different to what we have.

I mind reading somewhere he actually moved to peterhead so he could finish his plumbing apprenticeship thing :lol:

He's a decent player but he's 25 and was 24 when he moved to Peterhead, at that age a career in the SPL for one of the diddy clubs isn't going to make him a lot of money, certainly not enough to retire on when his playing career is over. I think he's just a realist who realises that after his playing career is over he's still going to need to bring in some money.

I mind reading somewhere he actually moved to peterhead so he could finish his plumbing apprenticeship thing :lol:

Heard a story that McAllister was offered full time football with Aberdeen but he wanted to keep on his plumbing job. Turned out he could earn more playing part time with Peterhead working as a plumber than he would full time with the sheep. And that was before they voted us out.

Skacel is extremely versatile though. He's played all over the place upfront, left midfield, off a striker, full back.

If he can play on the wings then I'd take him but maybe McCoist wan't a younger option as Rudi might not be around for long given his age.

Crazy he still has no club, worth the punt if as you say he can be used in the middle or out wide.