Brechin number 8 Molloy-sectarian abuse

Sentry

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't really complaining about a player 'abusing' a Gers fan are we? Seriously have we lost all perspective altogether?

While I don't really give a shit about this, can you imagine if a Rangers player started giving a fan sectarian abuse? There would be investigations, fines, bans or possibly worse.

See what sellicks sensitive wee soul routine has done to the game in this country? Let's get back to the days where we could shout whatever we wanted at the football... And then leave it at the football!

Molloy sounds like a nappy rippers name, taigy cunt. uk.gif

The OP is just trying to highlight the difference in treatment between us and the rest of the population.

Any use of similar 'Sectarian' language by a Rangers Player/Fan would result in an investigation or similar while we just brush complaining off as a mope tactic.

Have people failed to notice that we as Rangers fans are constantly vilified for our songs while similar songs are sung up and down the country without any mention.

The Billy Boys is an example of this, Killie fans sing their version without reproach yet if we changed the word Fenian to Celtic or similar, we would still be in the shit, simply because we are seen as a support with a sectarian motive.

I have had to laugh at the amount of pish I have read on facebook and similar, fans of other clubs stating that they will see increases in attendance from familes/kids etc because our big bad sectarian fans will not be coming to their towns to spread our badness. Excuse me, but I am pretty sure we only play some of these teams once @ home a season, so what is their excuse for not turning out at all the other home games.

Sectarianism is a stick of convenience that people/fans of other clubs of this country have used to beat us (fans/club) for too long, we need to challenge this approach and we need to challenge it now.

/rant

I have been called that many a times on the park by an opposing player/supporter and my answer is usually; "Aye! you're fucking right there ya papish cunt" :wanker: but I can just imagine giving that retort to the Brechin player in todays Scotland :craphead: the poor supporter would be charged with sectarian violence before he spat out the word,"cunt" :mad:

Think the OP is right in highlighting this. I don't give a feck for the fan being called an orange bastard, we sing a few orange songs so basically he's just calling him a bastard but.. The important factor is how different the response would be to a Rangers player calling a fan a fenian bastard

I have been called that many a times on the park by an opposing player/supporter and my answer is usually; "Aye! you're fucking right there ya papish cunt" :wanker: but I can just imagine giving that retort to the Brechin player in todays Scotland :craphead: the poor supporter would be charged with sectarian violence before he spat out the word,"cunt" :mad:

My retort was always....................Better make that a bitter orange biggrin.gif

My retort was always....................Better make that a bitter orange biggrin.gif

well consider this

the head of the scum official supporters organisation states he wishes Protestants drowned in the Titanic-not charged by police(received a warning) or any football bodies

the head of the SFA saves as a fav a joke about a Rangers player being hanged-not charged by the SFA or police

ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ depict a banner of a Rangers fan being shot by a terrorist sniper next to a grave stone-no charge

a student makes a joke about the Lurgan bigot being hanged on FB-4 months in jail

Green claims bigotry was part of the reason for our removal from the SPL-charges to be brought by the SFA

must just be my sensitive nature :rolleyes:

Sticks and stones. Oh that big boy called me an orange basturt!

There was a crowd of guys in their 20s next to me at Brechin spent most of the game singing about celtic, to the point i said to some of them "fuck celtic and neil lennon what are you singing about them for?" I tried to sing some other songs but they died off quickly, the only songs this group seemed interested in singing about was songs about the tarriers.

Some of our fans are as moronic as they are. Im only 23 most would probably look at me and assume I was one of the neds who sing this pish and doesnt really support the club, but I can see that singing if you hate neil lennon for 20 mins does nothing to spur the team on, celtic fans are obsessed with us and the media is actually starting to recognise this, but some Rangers fans need to stop biting the bait thats cast by the scum because some of our fans are beginning to get as obsessed with them as they are of us.

As some have suggested, we should just stop singing about them full stop.

if the fan is that bothered then he should report the fucker to the police with his witnesses instead of bitching about it amongst other fans.

It happened right next to me and it was reported to the police but they never followed it up with statements. I have a problem with it now I have thought it through and if the shoe was on the other foot it would be plastered all over the media, unsavoury songs sung by rangers fans was reported but where was the reports of brechin(celtic) fans singing "Go Home You h***!". We are always being hit with the sectarian stick, I know we do not do ourselves any favors on that one, but neither does anyone else. We however allow ourselves to be the only ones that are ever picked up about it.

I think now that we are out of the SPL then, if we can get our own shit in order then we should be pointing these things out wherever and whenever they happen, not to get anyone in trouble but to show that it is not only Rangers fans that are guilty.

It is not about naming and shaming individuals, that is too easy but highlighting the groups of fans/clubs that are guilty.